Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After me, you're first

Mincey

The scene - a set of traffic lights on a roundabout. The first exit leads to the local hospital. The outer lane merges into the left lane. 

Duane is in his Mercedes Scheissewagen with his partner Shell in the outer lane.

"Hey Shell, let's burn off that old man's car next to us"

"Oh yeah Babes, let's show him what a real car can do"

The lights go amber then green.

Duane puts his foot down and expects to see the "old man's car" fade away into the distance.

Shell looks across in horror, much like the tart who takes her final ride with the Toe Cutter (remember his name as you look into the night sky) looked when she realised that the game was up. The "old man's car" was not behind. In fact it was in front, and pulling ahead.

Yes, you've guessed it. The "old man's car" was Betsy. Betsy doesn't like show offs, and she likes Scheissewagens even less. Betsy wasn't even in S mode.

Betsy now has another one of these on her door:

image.png.3da645955ff4044f5b9de5cd438eddfd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

BTW i was expecting some connection to the local hospital

That's likely in the not too distant future, traffic light Grand Prix don't always pan out as one might hope... 🥺

28 minutes ago, george72 said:

Hilarious.. The es300h is many things... Fast... Its is not 

I find it quick 0-30 and can keep up with most things, it then drops off when chasing M or S cars in between MK roundabouts. I also find the 40-70 shove very addictive, many times I come up to and go round a roundabout steady and then it’s foot to the floor, I even quite like the noise I guess the fact the gearbox doesn’t need to kick down  and find a gear helps

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

I find it quick 0-30 and can keep up with most things

Most cars are quite close at 0-30. Maybe only a second between them which can be eaten up by reaction times, feeding in the power to slowly, a bit of traction control kicking in, tyres etc.

I was able to humble a BMW 520d on the test drive... although that wasn't exactly the only thing which made me decide in favour of ES300h.

I haven't tried timing it myself and really not interested in such meaningless stats but I have a suspicion that Lexus claimed 0-62mph in 8.9s is the worst time the car could do... and it may be possible to make better time.

Otherwise in town, that number only means that another car will get to the next red light quicker and on the motorway that number is of zero significance really.

--E

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links