Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Get the Lexus Link app. Has find my car function 

Yes if it was more reliable it would be great however I am often sitting at home and the Lexus Link app says that my NX is 40 miles away in a location that I visited 48 hours previously!

• Thanks 1

I went for this one a couple of years ago (when it was cheaper!) and there were few trackers available that didn't come without an extortionate monthly subscription: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TKSTAR-TK905-Rechargable-Positioning-Waterproof/dp/B071FQNQ1L/ref=sr_1_3?crid=17VR4RSX3RIOK&keywords=vehicle+tracker&qid=1664725393&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjkwIiwicXNhIjoiNC4xNCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNTQifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=vehicle+tracker%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-3

Above still needs a SIM card of course. Being a Chinese model, it wasn't recognised as a valid tracker by one of the Insurance Companies that offered a discount for trackers. I like that it has a Battery, that lasted about 3 months a charge when it was new. Now lasts about a month. I did buy a 12V/24V adapter (about £12 IIRC), which worked very well but I'm not using that at the moment.

If I was looking now, I would certainly check out Herbie's recommendation, looks good and very reasonable.

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, Herbie said:

If you want to fit your own tracker I can highly recommend the DB2 from Rewire Security:

https://www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/db2-self-install-diy-gps-tracker

Herb Was Looking At This..Seems easy To Install But Does it drain The 12v Battery..And what subscription did you take out..ie 12 24 36 Months..Thanks.. Also do you recommend any other accessories..? Thanks

It's very easy to install Ronnie, takes about 5 minutes tops.

It doesn't drain the 12V Battery and one of the sensors even shows current Battery voltage.

I initially took out the 24 month subscription but I think I'll go for 36 months next time as it means you avoid any price increases. Highly recommended my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:14 PM, Herbie said:

It's very easy to install Ronnie, takes about 5 minutes tops.

It doesn't drain the 12V battery and one of the sensors even shows current battery voltage.

I initially took out the 24 month subscription but I think I'll go for 36 months next time as it means you avoid any price increases. Highly recommended my friend.

Many Thanks Herb... Good advice..!!!

On 4/15/2024 at 6:33 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Many Thanks Herb... Good advice..!!!

Herb.. Just ordered the DB2 tracker  From amazon £14.98.. Yes it was on offer and is supplied from Re-wire P+P free Contacted them directly this morning and they wanted £34.98 so saved myself 20 Quid which i can set aside to pay the Subscription...Will get it Monday... Have you by Chance installed a line fuse with the Tracker or a witch to control on/off function..And did you hide the unit in the boot or not.. Would be interested to know...Many Thanks Ron

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links