Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Lexiguy

1 minute ago, Lexiguy said:

... wait for it.....it has gone down by £150!!!

How does that work, same broker, same policy, same drivers...no changes?

You must have become a better safer driver. Insurance logic.

Enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

I thought they would be reconing that I would be deteriorating because I am an old git of 62!

20221006_183137.thumb.jpg.5acebe24164824161cc3b742fe80fa16.jpg

Well you only appear safer in one car not the other, that appears to have a higher risk for renewal.

Real insurance logic.

• Like 1

Good news, Anthony—I wish the insurance companies used logic rather than relying on 'tables', but at least some drivers benefit. I got no better offer from LV than from Admiral—in fact, it was significantly worse, despite the fact that I'd had LV insurance for several years during which I ran my Porsches and made no claims. Now it's clear that being an old git really does affect the premiums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ah Ken, the use of logic and commonsense is a thing of the past! Everything these days is geared to not using the above but looking at a chart or scale, push us all through the sausage machine, one size fits all, new improved...I've heard it all!!!

Anthony

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Richard

I am not complaining either but I just find it so strange in the present climate where nothing goes down in price that insurance companies who are notorious for using every angle and opportunity to increase prices are dropping them 🤔 

Anthony

• Like 1

My insurance has gone down this year, not by much.

My theory is that they maybe see most over 60's as not commuting to work, rather reading the paper and popping of to Tesco at 10 for a coffeee and buying some new wamr sock.

So less of us oldies (I am 64) pottering about in the 'dangerous' rush hour. I do drive to work in the peak rush hour, but it is a drive through the Cotswolds, so not that busy

• Like 1

methinks there's going to be a lot less cars on the roads these coming months with the increasing cost of living pricing many motorists off the roads driving 

Only going to be us old codgers left with too much money and not knowing how to spend it driving for leisure and pleasure again .  with less other traffic to contend with

hence pricing reductions with insurance risks reducing maybe

Malc

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tomtit said:

I wonder if some insurers are trying to keep their clients by rewarding loyalty.

I think not! Insurance companies rewarding loyalty...total tosh!!!

🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

I think not! Insurance companies rewarding loyalty...total tosh!!!

🤣😂🤣

But Anthony insurers are rewarding (you) by wriggling out of claims, increasing excess liability and generally increase prices. Your error was using the word (you) please substitute the word, themselves, in future 😅😅😅

• Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, Lexiguy said:

I thought they would be reconing that I would be deteriorating because I am an old git of 62!

20221006_183137.thumb.jpg.5acebe24164824161cc3b742fe80fa16.jpg

I’m with LV and my RAV4 was cheaper this year 👍🏻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Well...I never!

Can't believe there are so many of us who have had reductions, makes me wonder if the government have clipped their wings!

Anthony

They did, it's called unintended consequences,amonst many, of pandemic lock downs. Car miles driven fell off a cliff along with accidents, pun intended, hence lower premiums this year. Let's have the same chat next year 🤯. It also goes someway to explain why we are still paying over the odds for petrol as corporates trie to recover their rolling year on year balance sheet comparisons. Be interesting to note executive performance related bonuses. 💸💸💸

• Like 1

Mine didn’t go down this year but shopped around and found one cheaper, but my wife’s insurance renewal came a lot cheaper.

Also our Buildings and Contents renewal came in £150 cheaper than last year😲😲 Don’t vey often get that.

1 hour ago, Russ59 said:

Mine didn’t go down this year but shopped around and found one cheaper, but my wife’s insurance renewal came a lot cheaper.

Also our Buildings and Contents renewal came in £150 cheaper than last year😲😲 Don’t vey often get that.

Again Russ consequence of people not leaving their homes day and night initially due to lock down then my fear of catching something. Speaking of fear and the appalling propaganda we were subject to during the "pandemic" no more distressing sight last week of a young Japanese girl walking along a relatively empty Greek beach with a mask on 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 1

Just returned from a fortnight in Pefkos Rhodes.

Hotel was maybe 25% occupied, same with beach sun beds and restaurants but the flights were almost full both legs.

Only saw a handful of people with masks on apart from the Chinese “massage massage” girls on the beach who all had them on.

Back on topic my insurance premium halved on renewal but this was due to having no NCB the previous year having gone from “Classic car insurance” back to mainstream.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

but the flights were almost full both legs.

there's so much consolidation going on these days with flights sharing, carriers cancelling planes schedules to dump as many pax as possible onto the one..........  save fuel and save the planet eh !

no point flying with empty seats

Malc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

there's so much consolidation going on these days with flights sharing, carriers cancelling planes schedules to dump as many pax as possible onto the one..........  save fuel and save the planet eh !

no point flying with empty seats

Malc

Discovered this on a recent Jet2 flight when they combined 2 into 1 so we flew EMA to BHX then to destination.

• Like 1

And if you specify and pay for a dedicated seat and it’s “ lost “ it’s unlikely you’d get reimbursement for your loss from anyone 

.... that’s not insurable  😂

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links