Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrades to the Lexus UX 300e increase all-electric driving range by more than 40 per cent

1 hour ago, Chris UXe said:

Hi All,

This has just been put on the Lexus U.K. media site. I guess the new battery is the same as that on the Toyota BZ4X:

Upgrades to the Lexus UX 300e increase all-electric driving range by more than 40 per cent - Lexus Media Site

Best wishes,

Chris

Good upgrades but why do they persist with Chademo instead of CCS?

6 hours ago, John Adams said:

Good upgrades but why do they persist with Chademo instead of CCS?

Cannot still be CHAdeMO??!!! More range is great, but you will still have to recharge at some point, CHAdeMO is now like mini discs in a world of MP3 players.

Am quite interested in the new UX300e, but the CHAdeMO socket could be an issue. Do owners find it difficult or restrictive in where you can charge when out and about? One concern is that in 10 years time when CHAdeMO is obsolete will there be anywhere to charge when out and about, or will we be stuck with a car that cant be charged anywhere.

How are owners managing ?

Thanks

Paul

Brain dead decision, but it seems Toyota want to cling on to a technology they co-developed even though they have given up with it on the bZ4X/RZ - the same as Nissan continuing with it on the Leaf but gone to CCS on Ariya.

The number of CHAdeMo chargers continues to increase in the UK at the moment but I can't see that lasting for too many more years and then a gradual decline. In 10 years time you could have a problem and be mainly restricted to slow AC chargers.

It will be a while before pricing is announced for this new 300e but I have a feeling it won't be competitively priced anyway.

• Like 1

Well that is my next car sorted.

Pity the new batteries cannot be retro fitted to the Mk.1 version as it is the best Lexus model I have ever driven in my 23 years of Ownership.

I will visit my Dealer to ask when I can place an Order.

Assume that will be in December for Summer 2023 Delivery.

Tel

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tel said:

The new Battery has a 10 year guarantee to perform over 70% & the car is already on Sale in China so  

we are simply waiting Production to change Spec. !

Tel

Same as the existing 300e with regards to the warranty. We will be waiting for EU type-approval and final spec and pricing to be finalised before any vehicles are destined for Europe. It will probably be 12 months before they start arriving.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links