Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Online service booking vs. Relax warranty

Hi all, 

Cautionary tale, which is put simply is, always book your service directly with the dealership and not the Lexus online service booking system.

I booked online, for a date within a year of my previous service. However, about a week before this date I received a call from the dealership, stating they could not honour the date, with the next available date just after the last service anniversary. 

An issue with the condensor was identified and initially there was some resistance to agreeing that it would be replaced under the Relax warranty. However, the aftersales representative did kindly eventually agree to honour the warranty claim, after I provided evidence of the original online booking confirmation.

It was not the best initial customer experience but obviously I am happy with the final outcome. Ideally Lexus need to firstly fix their online booking system to correctly align with the dealerships calendar, but when there are "system issues", if the customer can only make a date then slightly outside the anniversary date, either notify the Relax warranty will not apply or better yet, clearly state it will still be honoured given the issue is on Lexus' side.

Keep it simple and old school, book by calling the dealership direct or pop in!

• Like 2

I hate arranging services with the online booking system.

I always contact Lexus Liverpool direct and arrange things through them. Means that I actually talk to someone who is familiar with my car and its history.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maxz said:

Hi all, 

Cautionary tale, which is put simply is, always book your service directly with the dealership and not the Lexus online service booking system.

I booked online, for a date within a year of my previous service. However, about a week before this date I received a call from the dealership, stating they could not honour the date, with the next available date just after the last service anniversary. 

An issue with the condensor was identified and initially there was some resistance to agreeing that it would be replaced under the Relax warranty. However, the aftersales representative did kindly eventually agree to honour the warranty claim, after I provided evidence of the original online booking confirmation.

It was not the best initial customer experience but obviously I am happy with the final outcome. Ideally Lexus need to firstly fix their online booking system to correctly align with the dealerships calendar, but when there are "system issues", if the customer can only make a date then slightly outside the anniversary date, either notify the Relax warranty will not apply or better yet, clearly state it will still be honoured given the issue is on Lexus' side.

Keep it simple and old school, book by calling the dealership direct or pop in!

Thanks Max. Good advice based upon experience.

20 minutes ago, ikeja said:

I hate arranging services with the online booking system.

I always contact Lexus Liverpool direct and arrange things through them. Means that I actually talk to someone who is familiar with my car and its history.

Have you asked Liverpool if they will come and collect your car Barry, as they do for a Member based in Conway ? Perhaps they might collect one day and return it the next day ?

• Like 1

Hi John. Yes before I took out my last three year service plan with Lexus Liverpool I asked them to confirm in writing that they would collect and return the vehicle should I be unable to travel there. They were happy to do this.
I have always found that speaking to the dealership is to the benefit of all concerned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikeja said:

Hi John. Yes before I took out my last three year service plan with Lexus Liverpool I asked them to confirm in writing that they would collect and return the vehicle should I be unable to travel there. They were happy to do this.
I have always found that speaking to the dealership is to the benefit of all concerned.

You are so right Barry. It is sad that many members criticise Dealers on the Forum without having given the Dealer the opportunity to address matters.

Liverpool seem to be a first class Dealership.

Both Liverpool and Chester have been very good John. Whilst I purchased the vehicle from Chester and had it serviced there for the first three years, as my Wife is from Liverpool it was decided that if the car were serviced in Liverpool, then she could have a day in Liverpool shopping. Oh joy🤐

2 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Both Liverpool and Chester have been very good John. Whilst I purchased the vehicle from Chester and had it serviced there for the first three years, as my Wife is from Liverpool it was decided that if the car were serviced in Liverpool, then she could have a day in Liverpool shopping. Oh joy:(

😂

1 hour ago, ikeja said:

Both Liverpool and Chester have been very good John. Whilst I purchased the vehicle from Chester and had it serviced there for the first three years, as my Wife is from Liverpool it was decided that if the car were serviced in Liverpool, then she could have a day in Liverpool shopping. Oh joy🤐

Thanks Barry.

I`ve been with Chester for 10 years since I bought my GS from Richard Clapham ,who is now with Liverpool I believe.

I have been well served by Chester and cannot complain.

Liverpool however always seem to have a wider and more comprehensive selection of pre-owned cars than Chester.

I arranged the detail of my marriage contract some 47 years ago to include " never shop with my wife "🤣👍

The online booking system is crap. It allows you to book times they cannot accommodate. I booked a service and mot and was called and told I’d made a mistake as I’d booked a service when the technicians have their lunch.

Needless to say the conversation deteriorated from there. I eventually spoke to the Service Manager at the dealership themselves and he put everything right. Bristol Lexus have been great every time I’ve used them. They have an amazing new facility too.

• Sad 1

Booking with the Garage via telephone call direct each time, I use Chalfont Motor Company ( CMC ) Bucks.

Two advantages :

I find providing I book say 8 weeks or so in advance, I am usually able to arrange free collection & delivery of a day of my choosing.I normally time it within a day or two of the anniversary of the last service ( always a year as I do less than 10000 miles ) so RELAX is kept intact

I can normally agree a discount on the Servicing &  the MOT fee.

On the LEXUS UK site full prices for servicing, MOT & collection / delivery, plus no rapport / relationship built up with the Garage.

I agree great advice go straight to your garage / dealership 

In the past I also used to make a phone call and book a service or MoT - however the last time I booked a service I used the Lexus online system - I had booked a service and a courtesy car for a date that was free but had a call the next day from the dealer to say that they could do the service that date but that there were no courtesy cars free and so I changed the date on the phone to one where I could have a courtesy car. 

I then tried to book my last MoT through the online system but found there was actually no option to book a MoT, only a service, so ended up booking the MoT with a phone call! 

Interestingly today I received an email from Lexus Reading (Jemca) saying that "For your Convenience, we have moved to Online Bookings for Service, Maintenance & MOT." with a link to book online.

I tried the link out and:

a) it now allows me to book a service, a MoT or a hybrid health check

b) the prices of the services are listed as per the Lexus website (i.e. the full and intermediate simple pricing) and also there are fixed prices for the MoT and hybrid health check (if the hybrid check is done without a service, otherwise it's included for free)

So, the online booking system has recently been improved - whether the dates showing as available, especially with the courtesy car option, are valid I won't know until the next time I actually make a booking, but worth noting that Lexus Reading (and I suspect other dealers too) are certainly pushing customers towards booking online. I personally don't have an issue with this so long as it does actually work and the dates showing are valid. As I take the option of dropping off my car and having a courtesy car, I still get to talk with the service staff at drop off and pick up which I do think is valuable for retaining an on-going relationship.

Looked today, and this system like all the others by Lexus, still won't recognise my car because of my cherished plate. Says it will not take a booking for a Toyota. 

Plate was on my Prius, before this Lexus. 

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

Looked today, and this system like all the others by Lexus, still won't recognise my car because of my cherished plate. Says it will not take a booking for a Toyota. 

I have a personal reg too - I created an account when I first got the car though and go through that. Not tried it without signing in. 

2 hours ago, PRT68 said:

When I call the dealer I use, they can recognise my car from the plate. I will continue to call directly. Can't be bothered with all this online booking app stuff. I want an immediate answer, and can only get that via a human being. 

Why can't Lexus get infotainment systems and online systems to work properly?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PRT68 said:

When I call the dealer I use, they can recognise my car from the plate. I will continue to call directly. Can't be bothered with all this online booking app stuff. I want an immediate answer, and can only get that via a human being. 

👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links