Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has anyone left the rear bracket off for the alternator?. I'm having trouble getting the  front bolts to line up and think it's the rear bracket that won't line up. Most alternators don't have a rear bracket. I think Lexus is just over doing it. What do you all think? thanks.

In my experience car manufacturer's don't just add parts for fun, so if it's there then there must be a need for it.

Secondly, I see it's a 2006 car which means that it's been using that rear bracket for 16 years without problems.

You know where I'm going with this don't you?

• Like 2

I had to get mine changed and rapidly as I was going away. Had it done at Lexus but supply fit and test cost 800 quid. Mind you I got a free loan car for 3 days a UX250h no less.

• Thanks 1

Got alternator in and everything back together only to find I've pulled the wires out of one of the cam solenoids and don't know which way  round the wires go.  Engine starts and runs but management light on because the wares are disconnected. Could someone take a picture of the top of their engine so I can see which way round these wires go please. Thanks 

12 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Do these help? 

140717-03.thumb.jpg.7a352c18fdb70658e5c7ac7293ead24b.jpg

140717-04.thumb.jpg.5b188fe13dd9d566154a97ea6f60f065.jpg

thanks but could you please take pictures close up of connection between coolant cap and inlet manifold. I can't make out the wire colors in the pictures you sent. Thanks 

IMG_20221105_095406.jpg

3 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

The pics are pretty big and hi-res if you zoom in on them.

On my car it looks like the lighter coloured wire is on the left of the connector.

Are your wires brown and red so brown goes to left on connecter

It seems like its a age thing rather than mileage for the alternator to go. Mine has only done  86000miles. And she  just died with out any dash lights coming on and had to be recovered home. Thankfully my insurance this year covered break down so didn't cost anything as I was about 15 mile from home

The dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Engine light on aswell as others but the most drastic thing was total loss of power steering. Yes that bit was a Battery derived issue but because it wasn't being charged there you go. Even after buying a new Battery that didn't last because it wasn't charging. But all tip top good now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links