Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

With regard to your second question, what sort of driving do you do? It'll drop as the weather gets colder but from my 2014 RX I'm currently getting 36-37mpg on rural A-roads with 50mph limits with some town driving. It gets better with journeys of 10-20 miles+ as the effect of the cold start is minimised. On a similar trip we get 44mpg from my wife's 1.6 petrol Auris, I think that's a reasonable trade-off for the comfort/space/driving experience.

70mpmh motorway cruising won't be much higher than low 30s, unfortunately the hybrid side of things doesn't have much chance to come into play.

Servicing costs, tyres etc will be higher than a 'normal' car. A set of decent tyres on mine cost more than twice what it will be on the Auris. Hopefully it'll have decent, 'known' make tyres. Photos seem to show a bit of a mix, budget on £500-700 for a full set, ideally all-seasons.

Trim level looks to be at least SE-I (see Colin Barber's PDF list pinned on here). I'd be wary if it was an SE-L with air suspension, would be worth checking that.

Probably not too wise of the seller to have their address visible on the paperwork. But at least it can be seen on Streetview, with it parked on the road since 2020 and a previous-gen RX there before that. They don't look to be a trader.

Good to see the Lexus Hull stamps until 2018. Hopefully the spark plugs were done at the 57k service. There looks to be a gap in 2020 but at least it looks to have been done a couple of times since then.

Boot release not working, that seems to be a common issue (especially in winter time). Potentially not cheap to fix, there are several threads about it on here.

Is the cat original? As a London car parked on the street it'll have been of particular risk of theft (or at least an attempt, it doesn't seem to have been such a problem on 450s but that's not to say someone hasn't tried and done some damage).

The roof rails are nice to have, if you need them they're not cheap. It has the useful rear bumper protector, and you'll probably want to invest in a boot liner if the seller doesn't have one - they're not expensive.

Does it have DAB (not all that age did) or a sunroof?

Otherwise it has to be said it looks pretty decent for that money, certainly clean and tidy. At that mileage things are going to start needing replacement, but you're spending a fair bit less than a main dealer would want for one with fewer miles. I have no worries about the prospect of taking mine beyond 100k.

I can't see it hanging around for long at that price.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, b4u2 said:

As Arthur Daley used to say, "Oh my good gawd!" Please lets not go through all this again.

When you buy an RX you buy it because of the comfort, the luxury and the reliability; you don't buy it because it gets great mpg.

You've had an RX300 and you were horrified with the fuel consumption and that was before petrol prices sky-rocketed and the cost of living crisis hit. This one will be a lot better than that but it'll still only be in the low 30s (even dropping below 30 in winter) and there are other Lexus cars that are far better on fuel, so if that's a concern then you may be better looking at something like the IS300h, for example.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Is it expensive to run compared to average car because of 3.5l v6 engine?

Yes it's a luxury car so running costs will be towards the higher end, plus you need to consider the total cost of ownership not just fuel. If you do low to average miles fuel is not your biggest cost anyway, particularly for an older vehicle which is likely to require more repairs & maintenance.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

Is it safe to go ahead and buy ?

I'd probably take a punt on it if I was in the market for it, but only you can make the decision for yourself.

15 hours ago, b4u2 said:

Looks to be very good value. 

Fuel wise low 30s overall, which for a vehicle of the size and weight is really very good, expect less in cold weather. A 300 bhp 2.5 tonne truck will never be great on fuel though, but depends what you are used to. I get better fuel economy in town rather than motorway

The seller mentions electric tailgate doesn't work, there is a switch in the glove box, maybe seller accidently knocked it and doesn't realise? Not the end of the world if it doesn't work and could be used to knock money off, although there are soo many for sale might as well get one with everything working.

• Like 1

I note there are a number of bidders and it seems likely price will increase.  So you need to consider (but obviously keep to yourself), how much further you are prepared to bid.  Often bidders keep an eye on bids and some increase theirs quite late.

Buying without a warranty is a risk you have to accept but the RX450h is a more reliable car compared with other large SUVs.  If you want a car that is cheaper to run, but reliable, if not quite as nice or comfortable, a used `Rav 4 hybrid is perhaps worth a look.

• Like 2

I'd want to know what was done on that 100k mile service. Was the engine and hybrid coolant changed using the correct Toyota coolant.

All 4 tyres need to be changed - 4 different designs is not good and indicates the car has been maintained to a budget recently.

The front drivers seat has a stain and possibly the leather is in poor condition. Was a picture of this purposely left out to hide this fact?

Looks like it is a SE-I Lifestyle grade.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links