Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I assume you mean GS300h.

That's what Lexus service schedule says.

But the plugs are good for well past 60k miles, maybe for 100k miles, regardless of age.

Just ask them not to do it. That's what I did. (2 years ago)

The plugs cost about £60 and any garage could do it or DIY. It's a dead simple job when the time comes.

Plugs are due at 60k miles - no age limit. Dealers always try and change them on the '60k' service unless you insist they don't - and get them to check with Lexus UK if they won't believe you.

However at 50k it isn't going to be that long before you need them changed so you might as well just get them done?

If it was 6 years old and only 30k miles then I'd recommend you wait.

I'm not sure why we have a 60k interval in the UK. The US has a 100k limit for the same engine/plugs.

If they are charging the fixed price major service as per the website then whether they change the plugs or not it should be the same cost - if that's the case then you might as well let them change them, though as the interval is actually 60k miles (rather than 6 years) wonder if they will now wait until due by the mileage...? 

It's not fixed price re spark plugs. They charge considerably less if you don't get the plugs changed - something like £200. I think they base the price on the GS450h price - that's 6 plugs and a much more complex job vs GS300h with 4 plugs and no access problem. Something like 90 minutes vs 20 minutes.

They want to do it at 60K mile service even if the car has done much fewer miles. I told them not to do it at 42K miles and 6 years - now the car is 8 years old on 50K miles. I'll be waiting for quite some time yet. 

As Colin indicated - they'll most likely be OK to 100K miles.

Many thanks for all your comments, very helpful, ( as always).  Yes it is a GS300h (typo). I am assuming that asking them not to change the plugs will not invalidate the warranty that Lexus offers?

I had mine done just before 60k on my V6 GS250, OEM Toyota/Denso iridium tips as per the user handbook at my indie £130 cash, I watched him do the work & it was less than 1 hour maybe 40 mins.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links