Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First OTA software update - 350h

Had my first update come through today. It did a download and then an install to Navigation and Speech recognition. They will be applied next time i start the car so have no idea what the update contains but happy that updates are being rolled out!

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Let's hope Lexus has solved the problem of OTA updates disabling the speed camera alert function 🤞

I guess it depends if "Navigation" means map database or the nav software... Be interesting to see...

Paul

Updated my 450h this afternoon, navigation and voice recognition. Update appeared to be successful although I haven’t  tried it yet but no error message returned and app works fine. Took 25 minutes to complete.

I’ll report back on speed camera database etc after next outing in to speed camera areas, although it doesn’t bother me a great deal since the speed camera database on my Thinkware dashcam is much more useful and updates monthly.

3 hours ago, Andy B said:

Updated my 350h on Friday - the speed camera alert functionality appears to be unaffected by the update.

Andy,

What did it fix? Did you notice anything?

Paul

24 minutes ago, PDM said:

Andy,

What did it fix? Did you notice anything?

Paul

Not sure to be honest - too soon for me to tell. I very rarely use the native Lexus navigation system anyway as I mainly have Android Auto running (the recent AA user interface enhancement - codenamed Coolwalk - looks great on the 14" screen by the way). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy B said:

Not sure to be honest - too soon for me to tell. I very rarely use the native Lexus navigation system anyway as I mainly have Android Auto running (the recent AA user interface enhancement - codenamed Coolwalk - looks great on the 14" screen by the way). 

Wondering when they'll roll it out to all as been waiting...

51 minutes ago, Caspa said:

With others taking about the update, I went out to my car this afternoon and looked up software update in settings and the magic started to happen. It may have tried on its own on Friday as the app wouldn't connect to the car and I had an error message on the display (not displayed long enough to read what it said) when I went out to start the car.

5 hours ago, Andy B said:

Just looked up coolwalk. Looks like a big improvement.

1 hour ago, PDM said:

Just looked up coolwalk. Looks like a big improvement.

Its definitely an improvement I believe. Much better layout and functionality, especially on bigger infotainment screens such as that found In the Gen 2 NX.

I can't see myself going back to the Lexus navigation system anytime soon. For example you can now have Google Maps fullscreen which in my opinion makes the Lexus equivalent somewhat redundant. 

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

Not sure if you were referring to the Lexus OTA update or Coolwalk. 

If it's the latter then I expect it will be released to everyone in the near future. At the moment it's only available to members of the Android Auto beta program which is currently full. They did recently open the program up for new members but then quickly closed it again. Worth keeping an eye on the AA app on the Google Play Store to see it it becomes open again. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 9:59 PM, Andy B said:

If it's the latter then I expect it will be released to everyone in the near future. At the moment it's only available to members of the Android Auto beta program which is currently full. They did recently open the program up for new members but then quickly closed it again. Worth keeping an eye on the AA app on the Google Play Store to see it it becomes open again. 

Yeah, was the latter... Annoyingly it's the only Google app I'm not in the beta... Think it was when they went down the route of assistant taking over from it on mobiles...

Even without the new UI, using AA exclusively as got one of those AA Wireless adapters setup. 

Just gotta wait patiently for that server side switch to happen...

Hello I've received  notification of a OTA update . Do I press accept then park the car up switch it off ?? . I am going to wait till Thursday night as I have a 400 mile round trip Wednesday back home Thursday evening . I have apple CarPlay I just don't want a update just before I go . That shows my confidence in updates 😉

I've had two now, and the last just updated in the background after pressing accept and driving away. Forgot about it until Android auto cut out and a message popped up saying it was complete, so just accept and let it do its thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Caspa said:

I've had two now, and the last just updated in the background after pressing accept and driving away. Forgot about it until Android auto cut out and a message popped up saying it was complete, so just accept and let it do its thing. 

I did likewise and the latest update was completed en route. Took about 25 minutes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 9:59 PM, Andy B said:

On 12/20/2022 at 2:33 PM, Caspa said:

Yeah, was the latter... Annoyingly it's the only Google app I'm not in the beta... Think it was when they went down the route of assistant taking over from it on mobiles...

Even without the new UI, using AA exclusively as got one of those AA Wireless adapters setup. 

Just gotta wait patiently for that server side switch to happen...

@CaspaLooks like it's starting to roll out to everyone from today:-

https://www.androidpolice.com/android-auto-redesign-rollout-ces-2023/

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:26 PM, Andy B said:

@CaspaLooks like it's starting to roll out to everyone from today:-

https://www.androidpolice.com/android-auto-redesign-rollout-ces-2023/

I hope to see it every time I get in but nothing as yet so usual server side switch lottery...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links