Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moisture inside the car

e-yes

Hi,

So, today I started up the car after the few days of freeze up.

I noticed that there were water droplets on the inside of front and rear windscreens. Also, there was frozen water on the sunroof glass and the metal works behind the soft cover which started to thaw after the aircon was left on for a while.

Is this a testament to how well sealed the ES is that any moisture that was inside the car before the sub-zero spell begun never got the chance to evaporate naturally and froze due to the weather conditions OR this indicates broader issues ? (One of which could be me not being a good enough carer for the car)

—E

Air condition was first thought of as a way to keep temperature down in hot places, but the most important thing with A/C is that it will keep the car dry also in winter and when it is raining even though when it is cold and raining it is not really needed to get temperature down, but to get the damp air outside made dry so the car does not rot.

Never, ever turn off air-condition.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Never, ever turn off air-condition.

I never turn off the aircon be it cold or hot.

The car had been sitting unused for about three weeks and for the last week had been covered with snow sitting in sub-zero.

—E

I believe the climate control will set the air intake vent to 50% when the car is shut down, so the cabin isn't 'sealed' as such. 

There will always be some moisture in the cabin air, simply from one's breath. Then add in dampness from frost/snow covered shoes etc..

A couple of days time the temperatures will be sub-tropical (well, almost) and the condensation will be invisible again..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, e-yes said:

Hi,

So, today I started up the car after the few days of freeze up.

I noticed that there were water droplets on the inside of front and rear windscreens. Also, there was frozen water on the sunroof glass and the metal works behind the soft cover which started to thaw after the aircon was left on for a while.

Is this a testament to how well sealed the ES is that any moisture that was inside the car before the sub-zero spell begun never got the chance to evaporate naturally and froze due to the weather conditions OR this indicates broader issues ? (One of which could be me not being a good enough carer for the car)

—E

Had a similar but far worse experience recently. Last week after one of the coldest nights so far there was tremendous condensation on the inside windscreen next morning . So much so I put a towel on the dash as I wiped off the droplets with microfibre cloths. After some investigation I found that the drivers side window was fractionally open 🤯🤯🤯. Big lesson!!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links