Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

How long does it usually take for a NX 450h+ to be built? Got the info in the app on April 5th that build is in progress and status has not changed after that…

1 hour ago, Gerge said:

How long does it usually take for a NX 450h+ to be built? Got the info in the app on April 5th that build is in progress and status has not changed after that…

Mine took 2 weeks - started 22/3. Left factory 05/04/23.  The day they started yours

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chance521 said:

Do anyone know if nx450h+ can run AC without ICE running? For instance when car is parked, will the hybrid battery support AC? Just thinking when I go to grocery during summer and keep dog in the car 

The answer is yes. It will naturally deplete your traction Battery Don't forget to disable the alarm 😇

...but you have to keep the car "running" (ie. powered in EV mode). And I do not know how to do it whitout leaving the car unlocked with a key inside 😕

• Thanks 1

I decided to take the parents for a ride out today and treat them to a coffee at a farm shop about 20 miles away which I know they enjoy. Anyway, I arrived there and what did I spot? A 23 plate NX350h parked up - from the same local dealer I’m using. Naturally this sparked interest from them when I pointed it out and we started talking about the ongoing ‘not knowing anything’ / ‘delays’ e.t.c... 

On the way back I decided to make a small detour, still with them in the car at this point, to drive past the local dealer. I spotted at least five NX’s parked up in a row, unregistered, at the rear of their car park. I couldn’t make out if they were 350h’s or 450h’s to be honest, but NXs nevertheless. This sparked more conversation from them (not necessarily in a positive way about the brand...) and it’s given me some food for thought as we go forward with this order and what will be said if it ever does actually get built.

Anyway, when I was in the dealers some seven weeks ago when my UX was in for it’s service and first MOT, my salesman actually took me through to the sales office where the computers were for me to see my order on the screen. I'm sure I’ve mentioned this before... Anyway, there were indeed lots on order. The newest at the top of the screen, with the oldest at the bottom. I can’t exactly remember just how ‘low down’ mine was on the screen (I recall was quite a long way down...) but it was in the bottom 15/20 or so. The eldest he had on his screen, at that point seven weeks ago, was from the end of February. Given the passage of time and those five which were now sitting at the back of their compound, presumably awaiting PDI then collection, I must now surely be somewhere comfortably within that ‘bottom 10’? 😕

On 4/18/2023 at 5:07 PM, NiCoRe said:

Do not give up !

I’m getting towards that way, I’m sorry to say. Personally, I’m quite happy to continue waiting until September if necessary (my ‘subject to change’ date is mid-August). Well, when I say ‘happy’, I think ‘tolerate’ would be more accurate. I just want some concrete dates, though.

Towards the end of May I’ll be at the first anniversary of my order - without any progress on it whatsoever. It's this specific factor which bothers me more than anything else - not having the same sorts of progress reports/build/shipping information others have had. If I find out this 'mid-August' ETA is being delayed even further (which I strongly suspect will be the case...), I will be ramping up my efforts to look for alternative pre-registered/ex demo models from other manufacturers.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, MarcG said:

HMT.

I am new to this Forum and have only started reading the comments recently. I too am now surprised at what I was told. I test drove the car at another Dealership and they were quoting August Delivery, so it is not just one Dealership quoting short dates. My Dealer, 5* Google Reviews, says that they work off a spreadsheet supplied by Lexus and build / delivery dates are going backwards and forward. He also said that in an effort to clear the backlog cars are being sent out with one key and one blank with the second key to follow when stocks improve.  

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Did the dealer state what year that August would be?! 

On 4/21/2023 at 9:51 AM, VJ25 said:

Ok, visited my Lexus dealer yesterday and the date on the system is showing October 23 now. Ordered 28th Sep 22 so 13 months from order. The caveat is that this is a default date Lexus are giving for a lot of orders that he is handling and he believes all these dates will come forward with improvements in supply chain/ production but Lexus are not promising anything to dealers at the moment. Dealers are equally frustrated with this situation but my hope for September'23 number plate seems more realistic after this visit.

I suspect my own dealer now has similar information but as they've maintained a complete 'radio silence' on my own order unless I chase, they're just keeping it to themselves. The latest I heard (again, after me doing all the legwork) was 'mid-August', but since then I've seen plenty here stating their own estimates as October. I can only assume my May '22 order is now estimated to be that. I'm not expecting to hear at all from my dealer until I contact them again. Lexus on social media have told me to 'ask again' at the end of May - which as I just said above, takes my own order up to a full year with zero information other than absolute basic, rough 'estimates' - which I'm currently up to my fourth. 

4 hours ago, Gerge said:

How long does it usually take for a NX 450h+ to be built? 

It seems Lexus are more willing to build 450h's than 350h's at the moment... 😕 They do seem to be coming through the pipeline notably faster in some cases. 

3 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

...but you have to keep the car "running" (ie. powered in EV mode). And I do not know how to do it whitout leaving the car unlocked with a key inside 😕

Found this 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gary H said:

I decided to take the parents for a ride out today and treat them to a coffee at a farm shop about 20 miles away which I know they enjoy. Anyway, I arrived there and what did I spot? A 23 plate NX350h parked up - from the same local dealer I’m using. Naturally this sparked interest from them when I pointed it out and we started talking about the ongoing ‘not knowing anything’ / ‘delays’ e.t.c... 

On the way back I decided to make a small detour, still with them in the car at this point, to drive past the local dealer. I spotted at least five NX’s parked up in a row, unregistered, at the rear of their car park. I couldn’t make out if they were 350h’s or 450h’s to be honest, but NXs nevertheless. This sparked more conversation from them (not necessarily in a positive way about the brand...) and it’s given me some food for thought as we go forward with this order and what will be said if it ever does actually get built.

Anyway, when I was in the dealers some seven weeks ago when my UX was in for it’s service and first MOT, my salesman actually took me through to the sales office where the computers were for me to see my order on the screen. I'm sure I’ve mentioned this before... Anyway, there were indeed lots on order. The newest at the top of the screen, with the oldest at the bottom. I can’t exactly remember just how ‘low down’ mine was on the screen (I recall was quite a long way down...) but it was in the bottom 15/20 or so. The eldest he had on his screen, at that point seven weeks ago, was from the end of February. Given the passage of time and those five which were now sitting at the back of their compound, presumably awaiting PDI then collection, I must now surely be somewhere comfortably within that ‘bottom 10’? 😕

I’m getting towards that way, I’m sorry to say. Personally, I’m quite happy to continue waiting until September if necessary (my ‘subject to change’ date is mid-August). Well, when I say ‘happy’, I think ‘tolerate’ would be more accurate. I just want some concrete dates, though.

Towards the end of May I’ll be at the first anniversary of my order - without any progress on it whatsoever. It's this specific factor which bothers me more than anything else - not having the same sorts of progress reports/build/shipping information others have had. If I find out this 'mid-August' ETA is being delayed even further (which I strongly suspect will be the case...), I will be ramping up my efforts to look for alternative pre-registered/ex demo models from other manufacturers.

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Did the dealer state what year that August would be?! 

I suspect my own dealer now has similar information but as they've maintained a complete 'radio silence' on my own order unless I chase, they're just keeping it to themselves. The latest I heard (again, after me doing all the legwork) was 'mid-August', but since then I've seen plenty here stating their own estimates as October. I can only assume my May '22 order is now estimated to be that. I'm not expecting to hear at all from my dealer until I contact them again. Lexus on social media have told me to 'ask again' at the end of May - which as I just said above, takes my own order up to a full year with zero information other than absolute basic, rough 'estimates' - which I'm currently up to my fourth. 

It seems Lexus are more willing to build 450h's than 350h's at the moment... 😕 They do seem to be coming through the pipeline notably faster in some cases. 

While I agree with a lot of your views, and share the communications issues, I would question your final comment. Yes some have posted that they have been given a notably faster delivery, but I have yet to see anyone post that they actually have received this “quick” or given a firm delivery early date.  The posts I have seen have all had the delivery dates moved back from the initial “promised”  dates  I think this more to do with how the various dealerships treat their customers.  As I said in an earlier post there may be an odd early  delivery where the dealership has managed to match to a cancelled order. The current Lexus website with it wording on delivery / pricing shows how long the lead times are..

I think my NX is great, and my ordered NX will be even better, so am willing to put up with the current delivery issues and enjoy the car when it arrives

• Like 1

Oh I can tell you, it is well worth the wait...and I'm coming from a fully loaded VW Passat Variant with DCC (adaptative dampers and personalized settings) and all the bells& whistles. This is above and beyond (zippy, quiet, comfy and quite nimble compared to my former station wagon) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know I might be roasted here for asking this question but has anyone compared new Kia Sportage self charging hybrid and compared to Nexus 350H? The price difference is £15k if you compare top spec Kia to F sport and having taken a test ride this weekend I think KIA have made a very strong contender to the premium brands and the technology in this car has been taken to next level. And the wait time is 6 months compared to more than a year. Comments and opinions please (but no abuse for posting about another brand here :))

25 minutes ago, VJ25 said:

I know I might be roasted here for asking this question but has anyone compared new Kia Sportage self charging hybrid and compared to Nexus 350H? The price difference is £15k if you compare top spec Kia to F sport and having taken a test ride this weekend I think KIA have made a very strong contender to the premium brands and the technology in this car has been taken to next level. And the wait time is 6 months compared to more than a year. Comments and opinions please (but no abuse for posting about another brand here :))

I did compare Kia Sorento with Lexus NX450h and I chose NX450h because of the difference in EV range.

Just had 'my lexus' app update this afternoon along with an email saying "follow our progress", so it looks like the build of my nx350h takumi could be imminent. Does anyone know how long it takes to start build once the app updates like in the image attached?1211749708_Screenshot_20230424_174434_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.fbeb349f42a8c0a5df4d48e861532d4b.jpg

• Like 1

Just had the following email from my dealer today,

I hope you're well. Just had a quick check of the order and supply information we receive from Lexus and it looks like delivery has moved forward slightly to around October which is good news! I'll keep you up to date on this as things change. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, imgo said:

Just had 'my lexus' app update this afternoon along with an email saying "follow our progress", so it looks like the build of my nx350h takumi could be imminent. Does anyone know how long it takes to start build once the app updates like in the image attached?1211749708_Screenshot_20230424_174434_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.fbeb349f42a8c0a5df4d48e861532d4b.jpg

For me I got this update on 28/2 and then the build start date of 22/3/23.  However it looks from recent posts that things are moving better.

hope you get your build update soon

• Thanks 1

Ordered on 08/04/23 MY23 spec and realised that there was an option to have the 14” Touchscreen so I changed my order on Saturday and was told that I had to order MY24 spec NX350H with premium pack and Lexus link pro to get the 14” Touchscreen. Only downside was that the MY24 option comes with electric seats.

So I was surprised to get an email today to say it has come forward slightly.

Lexus link app is now showing two orders.

3 hours ago, HMT said:

For me I got this update on 28/2 and then the build start date of 22/3/23.  However it looks from recent posts that things are moving better.

hope you get your build update soon

Just received the same update on the app also, looks like things could be finally moving after 14 1/2 months.

• Like 1

This is what it says when I look at the order for our NX. Ordered 30th September 22, most recent update from dealer is delivery for October 23 😟 (pushed back from Aug 23)

Can anyone tell me if the below just means they have our order or if its moved forward at all??

I thought things were supposed to be speeding up.....

1788760924_Screenshot_20230425_155947_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.53bf5e2ece673cb9285a75671b339cb6.jpg

Hi Deb, when it goes to the next stage it looks like this, I.e. 'match' made for a production slot, but build not started yet.442142913_Screenshot_20230425_071118_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.e1ada2d1e30f84d65e3895b34a9139b2.jpg

2 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

@Deb

We have exactly the same picture as you. Our order for the NX350h P+Pack + Pano Roof was placed in May 22.

Hi malcolmw, oh so you ordered months before us! Have you been given a eta for delivery?

Predictably no updates for me at all. A May 2022 order for an NX350h Takumi and awaiting so much as a build date or the first piece of positive news to inform me of any sort of progression. Given things are now appearing to be moving forwards, I’ll see how long I can last before I either drop Lexus Customer Relations a third e-mail (maybe third time lucky for any response from them?) or contact the dealer again - as they certainly won't get in touch with me either by phone or e-mail. 

On 4/23/2023 at 6:00 PM, VJ25 said:

No roasting at all! I’ve been very impressed by Kia’s offerings for the last four years or so. They do build some quality kit these days. Before I got my UX250h, I did actually consider an eNiro. I’d even gone as far as working out all the sums for the spec I wanted and even a dealer visit. However, the range just wasn’t *quite* there for me (and still isn’t - more than three years on), so that’s when I turned to Lexus and self-charging hybrids, which have shown to be the best of both worlds for me.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, Gaazzared said:

Ordered on 08/04/23 MY23 spec and realised that there was an option to have the 14” Touchscreen so I changed my order on Saturday and was told that I had to order MY24 spec NX350H with premium pack and Lexus link pro to get the 14” Touchscreen. Only downside was that the MY24 option comes with electric seats.

So I was surprised to get an email today to say it has come forward slightly.

Lexus link app is now showing two orders.

I’m genuinely impressed that you ordered towards the start of this month and have already had news. It’s a shame my own experience is the complete opposite end of the scale... I wished I’d had ordered from your dealer!

My Lexus Link app shows nothing but the data of my existing car. It's never shown my order and I've no idea how to add it. 😕 Go to the 'add car' section and it wants either a registration or VIN number.

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Hi malcolmw, oh so you ordered months before us! Have you been given a eta for delivery?

Hi Deb, I also ordered in May 2022. There's been no news whatsoever, I'm sorry to say. I haven't got a clue when or if it'll ever get built. Given we're now seeing notable progress for orders taken after this, it really isn't leaving me in a positive place at all with Lexus as a company.

39 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Predictably no updates for me at all. A May 2022 order for an NX350h Takumi and awaiting so much as a build date or the first piece of positive news to inform me of any sort of progression. Given things are now appearing to be moving forwards, I’ll see how long I can last before I either drop Lexus Customer Relations a third e-mail (maybe third time lucky for any response from them?) or contact the dealer again - as they certainly won't get in touch with me either by phone or e-mail. 

No roasting at all! I’ve been very impressed by Kia’s offerings for the last four years or so. They do build some quality kit these days. Before I got my UX250h, I did actually consider an eNiro. I’d even gone as far as working out all the sums for the spec I wanted and even a dealer visit. However, the range just wasn’t *quite* there for me (and still isn’t - more than three years on), so that’s when I turned to Lexus and self-charging hybrids, which have shown to be the best of both worlds for me.

I’m genuinely impressed that you ordered towards the start of this month and have already had news. It’s a shame my own experience is the complete opposite end of the scale... I wished I’d had ordered from your dealer!

My Lexus Link app shows nothing but the data of my existing car. It's never shown my order and I've no idea how to add it. 😕 Go to the 'add car' section and it wants either a registration or VIN number.

Hi Deb, I also ordered in May 2022. There's been no news whatsoever, I'm sorry to say. I haven't got a clue when or if it'll ever get built. Given we're now seeing notable progress for orders taken after this, it really isn't leaving me in a positive place at all with Lexus as a company.

Hi Gary, I fully understand your frustration with regard to getting info - all of my updates have been from Lexus CS and not my dealer.  My car is now on its way but still do not have a date for delivery.

with regard to not seeing your order on the app ( and My Lexus) I did a post about this recently but it does appear to be happening to more and more people.

you cannot add the order it is linked to the Lexus database via your email address and should be there automatically.  The add scree is only if you buy a physical car with a vin .

Like you my order did not appear - I contacted Lexus CS, they called me back, went through all the info and then had to pass onto their tech team - took them a couple of weeks to sort out.  Others have had a “quick” fix by discovering a discrepancy between the email address on the app to that held on the order.

hope you get some positive news soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links