Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

To put it very politely my dealer was less than helpful when I asked for details of the vessel my vehicle was on. Having researched vehicle carrier arrivals at Portbury and departures from Nagoya I am now fairly confident of the vessel name and that it is now in the Arabian Sea to arrive in Portbury 2nd week of July, probably the same boat as Bill's is on. Hopefully I will take delivery of my new toy sometime in August, 13 months after the order.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, johnvw said:

To put it very politely my dealer was less than helpful when I asked for details of the vessel my vehicle was on. Having researched vehicle carrier arrivals at Portbury and departures from Nagoya I am now fairly confident of the vessel name and that it is now in the Arabian Sea to arrive in Portbury 2nd week of July, probably the same boat as Bill's is on. Hopefully I will take delivery of my new toy sometime in August, 13 months after the order.

Probably because there is a little bit of work involved! My dealer had to go away and find out but was happy to get back to me when he had found the information. If your salesperson wasn't helpful after spending all that money buying a car, I would speak to the manager in the first instance. If no joy there, then maybe consider another dealer and a letter to Lexus UK.

• Like 2

When I asked my Lexus dealership for the ship name they said that they have tried to get the ship name from Luxus UK in the past but can't. So, I sent one quick email to Lexus customer relations asking for the info which was answered the next day with the ship info.

• Like 1

P.S. my NX350h Takumi was unloaded from the ship yesterday at Portbury,  so we'll see how long it takes to get to Leicester Lexus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnvw said:

I watched him simply tap a few keys to get the status of my order. Lexus U.K. have been very helpful so well worth just asking them. Heritage Leader is doing over 18kts and well into Arabian Sea 

IMG_6048.jpeg

So, we're now getting towards the end of June. I was told that my NX had a build date of 'June'.

Has it been delayed again? I don't know (and remember - I'm now up to my fifth estimated date).
Is it being built as we speak? I don't know.
Has it completed build? I don't know.
Has it left the factory? I don't know.
Has it ben put onto a ship? I don't know. 

Not that I was really expecting anything else after 13 months of mostly silence/basic scraps of information, but so much for promises from the dealer of keeping me updated as soon as there's any news...

So, onwards into the 14th month I go...

• Sad 3

App update now saying on way to Leicester Lexus from Derby, so it should be there any hour now. 

Car ordered 14th February 2022.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imgo said:

App update now saying on way to Leicester Lexus from Derby, so it should be there any hour now. 

Car ordered 14th February 2022.

I feel for you. Happy and elated that your car will soon be with you but also frustrated for your long wait given that I ordered my 450h+ a week before you and was able to pick it up last September. The large variation in model delivery times is truly very marked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s great news, ordered ours on the same date.

last update was on the 9th June, left factory so should be making its way to the uk.

Enjoy your new car when it arrives.

• Like 2

I have got finally some more concrete news from the dealer - my 350h got a manufacturing slot in July, arrival to the dealer middle of October. 

Ordered early February 22, it means total lead time to take 20 months. 

51 minutes ago, Shanee said:

I have got finally some more concrete news from the dealer - my 350h got a manufacturing slot in July, arrival to the dealer middle of October. 

Interesting. We ordered our 350h in September 22 and have also been told ours is on schedule for build in July with delivery to dealership in October. I was also told this may come forward slightly. Interesting how different orders/dealerships are having different lead times 

7 hours ago, Deb said:

Interesting. We ordered our 350h in September 22 and have also been told ours is on schedule for build in July with delivery to dealership in October. I was also told this may come forward slightly. Interesting how different orders/dealerships are having different lead times 

Not sure if there is someone else waiting such long time as me... But as already explained here, there is no clear FIFO or like that.

I ordered 12th Feb 22, hopefully pick my car up next week. I really don't know why yours has not been built yet. Mine is a Takumi spec, which has the longest lead time due to semiconductor shortages etc.

10 hours ago, Shanee said:

Its really very loooong waiting time. Hope you get it soon and wait will convert into joyful ride 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imgo said:

I ordered 12th Feb 22, hopefully pick my car up next week. I really don't know why yours has not been built yet. Mine is a Takumi spec, which has the longest lead time due to semiconductor shortages etc.

Maybe different market - ordered in Czech Rep., seems different destinations prioritized

Update-but-not-an-update time...if that makes sense. 🤔 Still, it's better than the twelve months of 'radio silence'. 

Earlier this afternoon I've received a text message from the salesperson to say everything remains on track for my NX350h Takumi to be at the dealers on 4th September. This date hasn't changed since I was initially told this at the end of May (I think it was the end of may - you'll have to look back through the thread to confirm...). I recall from the previous video text that I managed to take a very quick screenshot which said 4th September - 'no later than' 18th September.

So for argument's sake, I'm just calling it 'first half of September'. 

However, none of my previous questions from my last post have been answered. I've no idea if the car has been built or it's sitting at the factory awaiting to be put on a boat. Your guess is still as good as mine on that one... All I know for sure is that it has not been shipped out yet. He said it "won't be long until it's on a ship". What that ship will be...? Again, you tell me. 

So as things stand, if this date remains the same I'll be looking at around 15 and a half months from order to collection if it's there in early September. If we're looking at what's the 'worst case scenario' from that date range, it'll be pushing very close to 16 months. 

I'm told I'll soon be invited down to the dealer to go over the finance and of course get the trade-in value for my UX. Given the extended wait for my car (which again, has zero options on it), I don't think Lexus quite understand what the word 'soon' means, but we'll just have to wait and see.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:52 AM, Shanee said:

I'm sorry to hear that and believe me, I know how infuriating it is. People like ourselves, who are well over the first anniversary of our orders, are beyond the frustrated mark. As I've said in previous posts on this thread, I'm only aware of two or three fellow members who have waited even longer than I have... 

We're in quite an unwanted, exclusive club. 😕

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Gary H said:

trade-in value for my UX.

My dealer gave me  just £1000 less than they offered in June 2022 for my 2016 Nx 350. Push hard due to the wait. Good luck and you will enjoy it when it arrives. 

• Like 2

Sorry for slight off-topic - does someone have experience with side steps on new NX? I am thinking about as probably will need to use roof box more frequently, but can´t find any reliable video or visualization how it really looks on the car

We have been told our 350h will move into the build stage this month. I therefore thought I’d have a little look on the app to see if there was a change. Well, all that’s happened is the ‘real’ picture of our purchased car has been replaced with a generic picture! Almost like we’ve gone backwards not closer to build!!

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Deb said:

We have been told our 350h will move into the build stage this month. I therefore thought I’d have a little look on the app to see if there was a change. Well, all that’s happened is the ‘real’ picture of our purchased car has been replaced with a generic picture! Almost like we’ve gone backwards not closer to build!!

It could actually be a good sign. Mine did the same. The “real” picture had the wrong colour interior. After the car got built the picture that came back had the correct interior colour. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, imgo said:

My NX350h Takumi has finally arrived

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my new car that I got on Saturday. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links