Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Site showing pages over lapping

Mr Vlad

Has anyone experienced when on the site that when on a thread and you scroll down that another page namely the home page covers what you want to read. I'm experiencing this. 

I've cleared cookies and cashes etc to no avail. 

I've noticed however that if I disable VPN the site is as normal. 

I'll try to post a snapshot of what I mean.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Has anyone experienced when on the site that when on a thread and you scroll down that another page namely the home page covers what you want to read. I'm experiencing this. 

I've cleared cookies and cashes etc to no avail. 

I've noticed however that if I disable VPN the site is as normal. 

I'll try to post a snapshot of what I mean.

Try another VPN. I use PrivateVPN and have no problem.

Just looked at the picture you sent. Maybe not another VPN, but an adblocker.

That photo is what I've experienced. 

Can't understand why a VPN can affect a site when you're on it. I know it can block you from getting onto a site but this is ridiculous as its never happened before. 

The VPN I use is c/o ZoneAlarm. I've been using ZoneAlarm for easy 30 years. This issue I realised about an hour ago is due to an update to ZoneAlarm that occurred yesterday. I've been in touch with them and they're looking into it. Thanks for your post John.

8 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

I've been using ZoneAlarm for easy 30 years

Good grief, I stopped using Zone Alarm when Windows98 was out. I didn't know it was even still available.

Hi Alan. I've had that also for a while.

Blimey Herbie. ZoneAlarm has been available all that time. Best online security there is. Used by professionals. I use to use Norton but that was ruddy awful as it totally took over my computer that I could hardly do anything. Only way to uninstall it was by wiping the hard drive clean. 

ZoneAlarm has the best customer service too. Best if any company I've dealt with. Think I paid about £30 to protect 5 computers phones etc.

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Best online security there is. Used by professionals.

It is one of many personal malware/AV solutions for Windows that all do an adequate job, not really offering much more protection than Microsoft provides built into Windows. I believe the AV engine is Kaspersky.

I'm not aware of any corporates or security professionals using it, even the large multinational banks that use the parent company's Check Point firewalls for their network and cloud security use different endpoint protection. No doubt there are some who use it but they don't have any meaningful market penetration and aren't seen by Gartner or other analyst firms as a leader.

Can't comment on that Colin. All I know is what I trust in. And blimey I've not seen kaspersky mentioned anywhere in years. Yes checkpoint is the parent company but if one cares to look on their site they'll see a few top flight companies using their products. 

Where tech is involved I'm as thick as a brick so I take advice from only those I trust when it comes to tech. 

Nice of you to comment but not on the actual problem on this thread. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links