Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ux250h damp inside

12 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

Thanks for your reply. Tbh I can't fault the service at Lexus Reading just strange as booked in three weeks in advance and asked for a car but was declined. Car is 22 plate and 6 months old which kinda made it worse experience. They did offer me to bring car back on warmer day to be checked but no point as rather leave there then go back and forward as I have to get a taxi back which ain't cheap. I'll be honest I just hope they find the issue so i can sort it. Just hope warranty does cover it as I will be going further with it if not as you don't expect that on brand new car. Its 1800 miles on clock. Maybe I should have been more forceful with courtesy car. 

Must say I'm surprised about the lack of courtesy car given that it was such a recent new car purchase. 

16 hours ago, Dazzle1983 said:

Thanks for your reply. Tbh I can't fault the service at Lexus Reading just strange as booked in three weeks in advance and asked for a car but was declined. Car is 22 plate and 6 months old which kinda made it worse experience. They did offer me to bring car back on warmer day to be checked but no point as rather leave there then go back and forward as I have to get a taxi back which ain't cheap. I'll be honest I just hope they find the issue so i can sort it. Just hope warranty does cover it as I will be going further with it if not as you don't expect that on brand new car. Its 1800 miles on clock. Maybe I should have been more forceful with courtesy car. 

The only thing I can think of is they dont have any available and making excuses.

I tend to book atleast 4-5 weeks in advance for a courtesy car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on the original problem? My Takumi was left for 2 weeks in its normal place outside my garage and it had severe wet on the inside of the front screen. I have checked the car, my dealer has checked as well and there is no signs of water inside the car. Did about 15 miles yesterday to ensure the inside got warm, after advice from the dealer I am using auto a/c on and turned on the Nonoe filter. Below freezing again tonight and it looks like it’s misting up again inside. 
Any suggestions?

B22FB290-74FC-4920-A7AA-8A3980FF04FD.jpeg

A4E69FD4-9829-45A7-AD1C-036D06BDF09D.jpeg

080ECFF1-15D7-41C4-93DE-670F00232F09.jpeg

My RX does the same this winter. Funnily enough the side windows don't mist up  but the rear does and there is no sign of water in the car. I have a Pingi  dehumidifier on the dash and this is not showing  any wetness. I've come to the conclusion it must be something to do with the  extreme angle of the screen which is  radiating to the sky and becoming "colder"  as a result. The screen is also hard to clean effectively because of its angle and I think that road pollution gets blown on to the glass by the a/c, forming a greasy film which the moisture clings to.

I do leave the a/c on all year and let the car decide whether to use outside air or recirc.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 11:18 PM, Richard1200 said:

Any updates on the original problem? My Takumi was left for 2 weeks in its normal place outside my garage and it had severe wet on the inside of the front screen. I have checked the car, my dealer has checked as well and there is no signs of water inside the car. Did about 15 miles yesterday to ensure the inside got warm, after advice from the dealer I am using auto a/c on and turned on the Nonoe filter. Below freezing again tonight and it looks like it’s misting up again inside. 
Any suggestions?

To prevent this i don't use the auto function, decide myself the temperature, which vents i want air in, use recirculating function when i decide is needed. Plus i turn off air conditioner for the last 10-15 minutes of the trip (but keeping same temperature and fan settings),  this way the humidity that has collected will drip off, and the air ducts and vents will dry. I did this with all cars i owned that had auto function (BMW, Volvo, Lexus).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gdamorini said:

To prevent this i don't use the auto function, decide myself the temperature, which vents i want air in, use recirculating function when i decide is needed. Plus i turn off air conditioner for the last 10-15 minutes of the trip (but keeping same temperature and fan settings),  this way the humidity that has collected will drip off, and the air ducts and vents will dry. I did this with all cars i owned that had auto function (BMW, Volvo, Lexus).

Interesting choice.

I have used auto climate control cars for over 20 years now, and have always let the car make the choice and never turned the air con off.

In all that time I have never had an issue with damp or condensation inside any car.

The tech is there for a reason, use it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Interesting choice.

I have used auto climate control cars for over 20 years now, and have always let the car make the choice and never turned the air con off.

In all that time I have never had an issue with damp or condensation inside any car.

The tech is there for a reason, use it.

Same here, always use Auto and never had an issue.

Auto function is like ECO trying to save fuel instead of heating and removing water as much as the car is able to. Toyota use this so it is possible to get near the promised use of fuel. A/C on = more fuel. Better climate inside car. The one we have should be able to drive 100km on onluy 3.8L, and that is not possible. 50% more and all comfort features functioning and the cars are great.

We use auto but here there are no problems with cold or water and our car is inside garage at night.

15 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Auto function is like ECO trying to save fuel instead of heating and removing water as much as the car is able to. Toyota use this so it is possible to get near the promised use of fuel. A/C on = more fuel. Better climate inside car. The one we have should be able to drive 100km on onluy 3.8L, and that is not possible. 50% more and all comfort features functioning and the cars are great.

We use auto but here there are no problems with cold or water and our car is inside garage at night.

I don't use Auto because i feel it is too "aggressive", fan is always too high for me so the car gets too hot in winter and too cold in summer. I really prefer to set things manually, and this also saves a little bit of fuel.

1 hour ago, gdamorini said:

I don't use Auto because i feel it is too "aggressive", fan is always too high for me so the car gets too hot in winter and too cold in summer. I really prefer to set things manually, and this also saves a little bit of fuel.

Your car is far more automatic than the old CT. Auto A/C does not adjust temperature, only change fan speed and just like when driving in ECO mode it is far too little. In winter we have 22° C and in summer 25 -27 when it is hot so we do not have too big difference in car and outside of car. Too much A/C can give many people a constant feeling of getting a cold or flu.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:23 PM, Las Palmas said:

Your car is far more automatic than the old CT. Auto A/C does not adjust temperature, only change fan speed and just like when driving in ECO mode it is far too little. In winter we have 22° C and in summer 25 -27 when it is hot so we do not have too big difference in car and outside of car. Too much A/C can give many people a constant feeling of getting a cold or flu.

You live in Canary Islands?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 10:18 PM, Richard1200 said:

Any suggestions?

Had a smoke test done on mine. They said it was the cloth I was wiping the iced inside with as it was damp. Weather to hot to ice up now but I've logged with them so next year I'll be taking it back to them in winter time when problem happens again. They also said I because I don't use it enough. Funny as all other cars I had ain't had problem. So no they couldn't find fault with mine. Guess I'll be taking it back in November December time when it gets minus temp again.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:54 AM, stepppy said:

Had a thought, wonder if he recirculate button has been pressed by accident as that can cause the windows to steam up…. 

I don't use recirculation button. I'm want to let my mechanic look at mine but apparently it will void warranty. I think its something to do with front window seal. In winter it expands with cold and frost which let's damp in then warmer times it closes. I can only suggest manufacturer fault with window on front. I'd put money on it as just looking I saw on passenger side the rubber sticks out. Even though they say I normal.

20230208_160128.png

3 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

I don't use recirculation button. I'm want to let my mechanic look at mine but apparently it will void warranty. I think its something to do with front window seal. In winter it expands with cold and frost which let's damp in then warmer times it closes. I can only suggest manufacturer fault with window on front. I'd put money on it as just looking I saw on passenger side the rubber sticks out. Even though they say I normal.

20230208_160128.png

It's not wise to go against the dealer. If you think there is a fault, then you need to tell head office and put in a complaint. They will send someone out for another inspection. If the rubber seal is at fault, it will look in some way faulty under a microscope 

4 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

It's not wise to go against the dealer. If you think there is a fault, then you need to tell head office and put in a complaint. They will send someone out for another inspection. If the rubber seal is at fault, it will look in some way faulty under a microscope 

U can see in my picture attached its defo sticking out. However,  I was told its normal. I'm not planning on keeping once the service plan runs out in 3 years. Only keeping as added that when brought new. This I my first Lexus and apart from this I love the car. Just disappointed in the service they provide when u have a problem. I guess I'm used to BMW service which if you have issue a replacement car is dropped to you and your car taken away fixed and showroom cleaned. With Lexus I booked 6 to 8 weeks in advance and no car for few days. Wash was not good either had to valet myself afterwards. Anyway not here to rant about service lol. Good car but not for short trips in winter. Gd for summer though and very comfortable. 

34 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

U can see in my picture attached its defo sticking out. However,  I was told its normal. I'm not planning on keeping once the service plan runs out in 3 years. Only keeping as added that when brought new. This I my first Lexus and apart from this I love the car. Just disappointed in the service they provide when u have a problem. I guess I'm used to BMW service which if you have issue a replacement car is dropped to you and your car taken away fixed and showroom cleaned. With Lexus I booked 6 to 8 weeks in advance and no car for few days. Wash was not good either had to valet myself afterwards. Anyway not here to rant about service lol. Good car but not for short trips in winter. Gd for summer though and very comfortable. 

If you post a better photo of the fault, then the members might be able to assist you further 

3 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

20230208_162910.thumb.jpg.efe253d3486cfd7336ffd2c365f08788.jpg

This is the top of window. Yes car is being washed today. If you zoom in the corner you can see a rubber bulg on the top seal not the side one that sticks out.

57 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

This is the top of window. Yes car is being washed today. If you zoom in the corner you can see a rubber bulg on the top seal not the side one that sticks out.

i think your best bet is to look at the UX models in the showroom and if like yours then you can be sure there is no fault. However, if yours is different in any way then there is a fault and the dealer must fix it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links