Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Do You Insure With?

STE041

The only company I've had to deal with for an incident was Hastings Direct when I needed the windscreen on my IS250 replacing. They were shocking. Absolutely shocking. Took ages to get through then I was fannied around for over two weeks while they tried to work out which one of their two windscreen replacement companies were going to come out. I almost got very cross with them. I'm currently with the AA and will be seeing how their windscreen replacement service compares shortly.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'm currently with the AA and will be seeing how their windscreen replacement service compares shortly.

I hope for your sake they don't use National Windscreens; I'm with Aviva, and unfortunately they do.

My appointment for replacement and recalibration was cancelled on the day because I was told the screen had arrived damaged. After that there was no more contact, so I phoned their call centre, and got a different story, but was told I would be contacted. I wasn't. I phoned again and got another different story. Their final version was that I now have to pay the excess before they will order the screen - incidentally, they have subsequently told me (after I had to contact them again) that the screen is on back order.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

get Aviva to use Lexus to supply and fit the windscreen then ?

Malc

I'm told National Windscreens have ordered the screen from the Lexus dealer - but it's on back order with them. I think the ES volumes are probably too low for there to be aftermarket screens in the UK.

I would certainly call Lexus at the Centre UK and ask them outright

I think your insurers etc may be lying to you ........... .  wouldn't trust insurers one jot

Uberrimae Fidei  .........   is probably a thing of the past I'm afraid

Malc

24 minutes ago, Dippo said:

I'm told National Windscreens have ordered the screen from the Lexus dealer - but it's on back order with them. I think the ES volumes are probably too low for there to be aftermarket screens in the UK.

I had mine replaced last year (twice!!), both times the screen was supplied to the windscreen companies by Lexus, as you say doubt there is enough business to warrant a third party supplier 

51 minutes ago, Derant said:

I had mine replaced last year (twice!!), both times the screen was supplied to the windscreen companies by Lexus, as you say doubt there is enough business to warrant a third party supplier 

We're clearly doing our best to make a business case!

it's quite disgraceful that Lexus fail to provide easy to get stock of ALL product OEM  .  unless it's Chip related right now  ...  or do Lexus windscreens involve " chips " in some way or other ?

Malc

15 hours ago, Malc1 said:

it's quite disgraceful that Lexus fail to provide easy to get stock of ALL product OEM  .  unless it's Chip related right now  ...  or do Lexus windscreens involve " chips " in some way or other ?

Malc

Typical Japanese effiency, don’t carry excess inventory which costs money, however the Just In Time part of their lean process doesn’t seem to work in this instance, maybe they calculate a few frustrated customers waiting a few weeks for a windscreen is worth not carrying lots of stock

On 2/4/2023 at 1:42 PM, Malc1 said:

Nope not at all and I've been driving for just about forever, well 56 years ............ very very few claims in that time BUT I would place Saga towards the Top of my list of OK insurers dealing with a claim .....  and really, just ok sadly .  nothing to write home about tbh apart from they seemed to try really hard .....  eventually ........  and at the other end of the scale . probably the worst on this UK planet is

those AbominableAdrianiee guys with the runaway -Flooxie  floosy and their just HOPELESS insurers loss adjusters assessors and crap legal team ..... oh my, that was the most pathetic experience ever .......   MINUS 10 out of 10 for them

No experience of these in the sad event of a claim but I've had recent quotes from Home Direct ( for car ......... and now my home insurers !  ) and Age UK  ( wot a larf ) and Swinton  ( fantasy land ) and quite likely going with Chris Knott Brokers insurers who I used for stuff back in the 90's .....  nice people with a sensible attitude 

It's a huge pile of poo out there .

Good luck with it all

Malc

I,m with saga.. have been for many years Malcom do you think i should stick with them this year..Never had a claim..

Ron  .  it's a nightmare ...  I stuck with them this year in the end coz it was tooooo much kefuffle to do all the myriad of on-line paperwork and new driving licence certification stuff etc to move away to the BEST QUOTE I had which was from Chris Knott ..  the other quotes i had were in cloud cuckoo land tbh  ...........  Chris Knott were pleasantly HUMAN on the phone

The Saga price I have is on their 3 year fixed price deal ( with caveats of course ) and for £47 extra I decided i would leave it all with Saga ..  especially as I was struggling just then sorting out some issues with my company accounts preparation .....  £47 seemed a small price to pay to get it all behind me tbh  . and on the 3 year scheme coz I'm now 73 and heaven knows what will happen when I'm 75 turning and Old Age might finally begin to creep up on me .  and insurance pricing eh !  🤑

ALSO they, Saga,  were all ok when I had my knock in Oct 2019  .  but only just ok tho' . .........maybe my expectations of the Saga claims experience even then were too high  🤔

An earlier time knock on the Honda Legend involving Adrian Flux resulted in my vowing NEVER to ever use them again ......  I felt totally cheated under their " care " 

BACK to SAGA  .  being a long term client . some 8 years ( and with 15 years protected NCD they told me ? )  .  I did manage to beat them up on the final price .  they seem to respect " loyalty " .  so they said anyway 

Good luck with it all 

Malc

• Like 2

I had a problem with LV in the past and said i would never use them again. When i was self employed i had 2 vehicles. one for private and a van for work. Both had over several years earned their own NCB. When the van was involved in a minor car park scuffle and a claim was filed against it, LV removed NCB from both policies which annoyed me and never made sense to me.

Never say never. Price made me return to LV 2 years ago and they are efficient but just bumped my premium by £100 this time although having no claims so trying RAC for a change.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 3:30 PM, Cs150 said:

23 years no claims, they only seem to recognise 9 at most insurers. IAM member and price was £420. This is with Lexus insurance directly. Could have got it for around £380 with other insurers but went with Lexus directly. Not had to claim but in taking out the policy they were slow with the paperwork!

Is it actually lexus who are the principal Insurers or do they Farm The business out to another Company like most do.?

On 2/24/2023 at 10:57 AM, Malc1 said:

I would certainly call Lexus at the Centre UK and ask them outright

I think your insurers etc may be lying to you ........... .  wouldn't trust insurers one jot

Uberrimae Fidei  .........   is probably a thing of the past I'm afraid

Malc

Latin term I use Often Malcom

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Ron  .  it's a nightmare ...  I stuck with them this year in the end coz it was tooooo much kefuffle to do all the myriad of on-line paperwork and new driving licence certification stuff etc to move away to the BEST QUOTE I had which was from Chris Knott ..  the other quotes i had were in cloud cuckoo land tbh  ...........  Chris Knott were pleasantly HUMAN on the phone

The Saga price I have is on their 3 year fixed price deal ( with caveats of course ) and for £47 extra I decided i would leave it all with Saga ..  especially as I was struggling just then sorting out some issues with my company accounts preparation .....  £47 seemed a small price to pay to get it all behind me tbh  . and on the 3 year scheme coz I'm now 73 and heaven knows what will happen when I'm 75 turning and Old Age might finally begin to creep up on me .  and insurance pricing eh !  🤑

ALSO they, Saga,  were all ok when I had my knock in Oct 2019  .  but only just ok tho' . .........maybe my expectations of the Saga claims experience even then were too high  🤔

An earlier time knock on the Honda Legend involving Adrian Flux resulted in my vowing NEVER to ever use them again ......  I felt totally cheated under their " care " 

BACK to SAGA  .  being a long term client . some 8 years ( and with 15 years protected NCD they told me ? )  .  I did manage to beat them up on the final price .  they seem to respect " loyalty " .  so they said anyway 

Good luck with it all 

Malc

Its Kind of  Representation And Reality Malcom They all promise you this and that but the real measure of how good they are is Clearly Seen When you have a Claim..personally i don,t trust any of them !! They take your money Quick enough but When paying out Its a Different experience.. Slow Boat.. China.. Springs to Mind..Will probably Stick with Saga For this year But oddly enough  a Professional Colleague Of Mine Has had Some recent Experience with Aviva and said they were Very Very Good  Certainly dont go near Churchill...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Is it actually lexus who are the principal Insurers or do they Farm The business out to another Company like most do.?

Think sadly it is farmed out to some insurer. policy documents do Indicate repairs are done by Lexus repair network though. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 11:06 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I'm with Lexus Insurance (primarily for the fact that they say that all repairs will be carried out by Lexus workshops). My documentation states that "Lexus Motor Insurance is a trading name of Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Limited" and that the policy is "Underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Limited".

For anyone considering Lexus Insurance - I went with them for the reason I stated above plus their price was very competitive (for me at least). I have not needed to make a claim (famous last words!) so can't comment on their performance in that regard. I would say though that their customer-facing IT system seems a bit old school and their general customer support (e.g. when I renewed my policy recently) was somewhat below par so hopefully their claims process is better. Time will tell I guess.

4 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

perhaps of some advantage then !

and they only lost £12mn on their full 2nd year of trading ...  in 2021  ...  let's see how long their owners, one of the largest insurers in the world, are happy to continue in this philanthropic vein 🤣

Malc

On 2/25/2023 at 10:22 AM, Malc1 said:

The Saga price I have is on their 3 year fixed price deal…

That’s the deal we have for MrsT’s car - which does a ridiculously low annual mileage anyway.

Very happy with Saga.  In fact, we recently added her Brother temporarily to the policy so that he could drive it while searching for a replacement car.  Curiously, that additional driver resulted in Saga refunding £55!

I’ve no idea why - but it seemed churlish to have an argument over it.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links