Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC F - Fuel Vent tube recall.

Ah ok, sounds similar to when my fuel pump was replaced. The inside of my car stank of fuel afterwards, so I took it back and they set off a sanitising bomb inside the car which solved the problem.  

39 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Its an all day job, they do the replacement from above so all rear seats come out

That's interesting 🤔  mines going in for its MOT and the recall work on a Saturday,  the workshop is only open until 1.00pm, I've been told it's one and a half hour job coupled with the one hour MOT, just as well I've got a courtesy car arranged might have it for the weekend 😉

5 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

That's interesting 🤔  mines going in for its MOT and the recall work on a Saturday,  the workshop is only open until 1.00pm, I've been told it's one and a half hour job coupled with the one hour MOT, just as well I've got a courtesy car arranged might have it for the weekend 😉

Well it was the receptionist that told me they would need the car all day, seats out etc so.... I guess 6-8 bolts for both pieces of the rear seats then onto the fuel pipe. Could be 1.5-2hrs in theory.

Got the car back, no smell of petrol in the car as someone here reported.

They said it took him all day as I asked them to balance my alloys too but they ran out of time.

So perhaps he was new. In that vehicle safety check video they do, he says "slight lip on your discs, but in good working condition"..... I have to laugh as I fitted those brand new on Sunday so they are 4 days old LOL.

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Got the car back, no smell of petrol in the car as someone here reported.

They said it took him all day as I asked them to balance my alloys too but they ran out of time.

So perhaps he was new. In that vehicle safety check video they do, he says "slight lip on your discs, but in good working condition"..... I have to laugh as I fitted those brand new on Sunday so they are 4 days old LOL.

Id be having a word with dealership if they said that to me after only 4 days….either that the  supplier of the butter soft discs getting a lip after 4 days 🙈… hate it when garages make stuff up just to try and show that theyve done a safety check,…. I had something similar on a MOT with tyres, got a advisory for tread depth on inner of rear os tyre… they where less than 24hrs old and only 5miles of usage

they make stuff up so anyone looking over there performance sees that they are checking and mentioning things, obviously in my case and yours its total BULL

i got DVLA involved and got 2 other garages to confirm tyres where mint…. Reissued with new MOT, and garage was suspended from holding MOT status for i believe a couple of years

Booked mine today. First available slot was 20 Apr. They said 2 hours for the work, but want it dropped off at 1000 for 1630-1700 pick up.

Hopefully they'll give me a LC500 loaner to take up to North Wales for the day

Had service, MOT & recall work done yesterday- slight smell of fuel vapour initially, but gone by the time I got home.

They confirmed work done by removing rear seats - dropped off at 8:00am & all done by 16:00 for me to pick up.

Mine went in on Friday, got a call from them later that day to say that the replacement part was broken when they took it out of the pack and they would need to order another one and can they keep the car until Monday.

Today I got another call from them saying that the part hasn't come in and is now on backorder until the end of March. 🤦‍♂️ What a waste of time.

I can't really blame the dealership assuming they're telling the truth, and I know there are parts shortages. But I'm feeling a bit let down. They couldn't even give me a courteousy car so I've been without a car for 4 days.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Given you were without a car (unplanned) Friday night to Monday, a courtesy car should have been arranged and you shouldn't have had to ask....!

They always seem to have extended wait times for courtesy cars, and even then it's something underwhelming like a UX 250h. I wish they would give me something nice (LC 500?).

Mine went in today. Phone call to say that they ordered the wrong part and it won’t be available until April. 😞

I had a new mid spec UX250h. To be fair I thought that it drove well and not a rattle to be heard. Preferred it to the last ES300h F sport I had as a courtesy car. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Mine went in today. Phone call to say that they ordered the wrong part and it won’t be available until April. 😞

I had a new mid spec UX250h. To be fair I thought that it drove well and not a rattle to be heard. Preferred it to the last ES300h F sport I had as a courtesy car. 

Another one... I wonder if this is just a coincidence or if there's something else going on causing the wrong parts to come in.

I had a UX 250h once before... I agree it did drive nicely, it's a bit soft and artificial feeling, but it was pretty fun to floor it all the time and still get 50+ mpg. I just thought it felt a bit cheap on the interior and didn't quite feel "Lexusy".

11 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Another one... I wonder if this is just a coincidence or if there's something else going on causing the wrong parts to come in.

I had a UX 250h once before... I agree it did drive nicely, it's a bit soft and artificial feeling, but it was pretty fun to floor it all the time and still get 50+ mpg. I just thought it felt a bit cheap on the interior and didn't quite feel "Lexusy".

Was that with Hedge End Lexus? I've got mine booked for the 17th of March. Should I be proactive and phone them and ask about the parts and if there might be a problem.

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Was that with Hedge End Lexus? I've got mine booked for the 17th of March. Should I be proactive and phone them and ask about the parts and if there might be a problem.

No it's Guildford, so perhaps Hedge End have all the parts already and it's nothing to worry about.

I don't know if it's worth phoning at this stage. From their point of view you are booked in and the parts are allocated so there's no problem. Two people on the owner's club having to wait for parts will just be seen as isolated incidents or online drama etc...

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

No it's Guildford, so perhaps Hedge End have all the parts already and it's nothing to worry about.

I don't know if it's worth phoning at this stage. From their point of view you are booked in and the parts are allocated so there's no problem. Two people on the owner's club having to wait for parts will just be seen as isolated incidents or online drama etc...

Hope so, I'm leaving the car there and driving home in a courtesy car which are not normally to my taste, so if I get stuck with a car I don't like it will be a pain as I'm just taking it off SORN tomorrow.

Booked the GSF in a couple of weeks ago for 22 march - said the bits and pieces required were on a 4 week order from Lexus. Newcastle Lexus have been spot on every time, don't doubt it.

Not fussed over a courtesy car - as long as they give me a lift home..... and of course they fix it first time!

Then I must make an effort to sell it.......

and the S2000 (late 59 2 owner, black 42000 miles, FSH if anyones interested) as its not getting used. Only done max 300 miles a year for the last 3 years, and is serviced every year....

28 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

Booked the GSF in a couple of weeks ago for 22 march - said the bits and pieces required were on a 4 week order from Lexus. Newcastle Lexus have been spot on every time, don't doubt it.

Not fussed over a courtesy car - as long as they give me a lift home..... and of course they fix it first time!

Then I must make an effort to sell it.......

and the S2000 (late 59 2 owner, black 42000 miles, FSH if anyones interested) as its not getting used. Only done max 300 miles a year for the last 3 years, and is serviced every year....

I'm not fussed over the courtesy car either, they gave me an NX SUV thing last time and it made me realise why I didn't buy the LS600h all those years ago. Ten minutes in it with that CVT outbox had me wishing I didn't have another 30 more minutes in it. Still mustn't grumble it is free more or less.

Had mine booked with Birmingham for 8wks iirc and I checked in with them, before I travelled.  found out they have no parts and on back order and no due date. Glad I checked for myself before travelling. 

Mines booked in at Lexus Aberdeen 1st week in June…. Spoke with them today (lexus servicing Aberdeen are actually a Honda dealership) 🙈…. They’ve not done any lexus fuel vent tube recalls yet but are starting to do them later this month….told them I’ll wait till theyve done a few before handing my car to them 😂 hence the June appointment 

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Mines booked in at Lexus Aberdeen 1st week in June…. Spoke with them today (lexus servicing Aberdeen are actually a Honda dealership) 🙈…. They’ve not done any lexus fuel vent tube recalls yet but are starting to do them later this month….told them I’ll wait till theyve done a few before handing my car to them 😂 hence the June appointment 

Wise move, I'm definitely calling Hedge End to check they have the parts.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, Duggie B said:

Well, mine went in to Lexus Maidstone as arranged for its MOT and the recall work, have to say the guys there were on the ball and special mention to Richard Nugent (service manager) who waived the courtesy car charge due to the recall work and had my car ready for collection roughly two and a half hours from time of dropping it off and car fully valeted upon my return, no smell of fuel in the cabin either.

Happy bunny 🐰 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links