Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is this the longest list of faults on an MOT fail certificat

he's thinking the Dust Covers relate to the units they're ( not now )  protecting having failed ........  how dopey  !  and that's most of the actual Fails  .  there's lots tho admittedly and the dust covers might cost say £30 each fitted .  not a " killer " to keep this quite rare V8 Jag on the road methinks

Your thoughts  ?

Malc

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

First of rest assured guys its not a Lexus!!!

I sometimes watch this guys channel and he recently took his 1999 Jaguar S type (V680 TAV) for an MOT - the list of failures is endless!!

My first Lexus would have been V704 TAV had I not put a personalised plate on it!

• Like 1

My Dad bought a new S-Type 4.2 V8 and kept it for about 10 years (130k Km). The dust covers on the ball joints are a common issue with those. They were replaced at least twice in his ownership. Apparently even the Jag dealer admitted it was a common problem but that Jag remedied it in later models with a different type of rubber.
Despite how much money he spent maintaining the S-Type, he then went and bought an XF 3.0 Diesel and that had zero problems until 90k Km when both turbos died (bearings failed).
Dad never got those fixed as he didn't live much longer himself.
We gave the car to a good friend of his (it's otherwise immaculate), and he spent €5000 getting it back to running order. It should last him at least another 60k Km but neither of these experiences would persuade me to ever buy a Jag. The only reliable Jag I have ever heard of was the X-Type, but then that was a rebodied Ford Mondeo.

The corrosion sounds about right for a 24 year old Jag. Since it's only surface, some work with a wire brush and some Kurust will soon deal with that.
The rest of it smacks of someone too lazy to do the pre-MOT checks himself, items like the headlight, number plate light and the tyres.

• Like 1

the numerous Dust Covers  .  just had one front one done on my Ls400 .............  £40 cash all-up .  and maybe last another 27 years 243k miles ......  i wish eh !

A buddy had a 1999 V reg   V8 Jag .  beautiful car which he swapped for a brand new diesel Range Rover thingy .  his son kept the Jag as he couldn't bear to see it just " go "

It's still going well ....  this car suffered stupidly from frequent Battery failures and my buddy was just fed-up with all that happening at inauspicious moments ............ of course 

His son, like his dad, has plenty of spondoolies to keep a luxury motor or two on the road ...  an old V8 Jag is NOT for the faint hearted however  

My cousin had an   " ordinary "   X reg Jag saloon that he bought brand new as his retirement pressie to himself BUT a couple of years ago it had to go . a rust-heap developing .  he now runs an Audi .............   wouldn't listen to me to buy a Lexus 

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links