Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which RX450h?(2009 - 2015)? Is there a specification list?

I was contemplating the RX450h. It ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Is there an equipment list and specifications somewhere?. There is a link from this forum to a PDF file, but that link is broken. It would have been useful to me as a potential buyer.

Is a 2010 model adequate?  or should I pay a little more to get a newer model due to improvement in equipment levels or facelifts etc....

Should I be looking for out a specific variant?

I saw some RX450h come with sun roof and others models came with roof rails..... I note some come with a Mark Levinson audio. I do like my music. DAB radio is on my wishlist. I like the idea of a smooth comfortable car.

Is Lexus service history important? Some seem to come with it and others not.

I am also worried about buying a clocked car. Are there any tell tale signs on the Lexus or its true mileage?

Odd, the PDF worked just fine for me.

2012-on lightly facelifted model would be good if you can stretch to it. No real difference in performance or economy however, so you'll be better off buying on condition and history than looking for something too specific.

Possibly best to avoid the highest-spec models with air suspension.

Otherwise the usual used car buying recommendations apply.

The link does not function unless you are actually logged into this forum first….the error message definitely appears otherwise as experienced by Flashback32….

11 hours ago, Madsod said:

The link does not function unless you are actually logged into this forum first….the error message definitely appears otherwise as experienced by Flashback32….

But surely you'd have to be logged in to post something anyway, so why would anyone try to download it without being logged in?

I agree Herbie but I believe Flashback32 only joined yesterday so maybe they did not have an account when they first clicked on the link hence the issue which they joined to raise..

But only they can confirm it… either way it works once your logged in and that’s all that matters really I guess, I assume admin don’t want to give ‘butterfly’ access to such documents without people creating an account.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, Flashback32 said:

Is there an equipment list and specifications somewhere?. There is a link from this forum to a PDF file, but that link is broken. It would have been useful to me as a potential buyer.

Is a 2010 model adequate?  or should I pay a little more to get a newer model due to improvement in equipment levels or facelifts etc....

Should I be looking for out a specific variant?

I saw some RX450h come with sun roof and others models came with roof rails..... I note some come with a Mark Levinson audio. I do like my music. DAB radio is on my wishlist. I like the idea of a smooth comfortable car.

Is Lexus service history important? Some seem to come with it and others not.

I am also worried about buying a clocked car. Are there any tell tale signs on the Lexus or its true mileage?

Flashback I've attached a brochure with specs which you may find useful.

I think the general consensus is to avoid air suspension as it can potentially be expensive to put right, other than that just the usual pre owned car checks

RX-450h-(9Mar10)_tcm-3066-452072 (2).pdf

• Like 1

You're best advised paying a little extra and going for a post 2011 RX3 model where a facelift and some improvements were made.  The plushest ride was on premier models with air suspension but at that age could be trouble stored up as this suspension is expensive to repair.  Air compressor failure costs £2.5K to replace the compressor and each corner is over £1K to replace.  Lux models have extras including options for LED headlamps, sunroof etc and were a very popular choice.  F Sport gives better handling thanks to lateral dampers as well as conventional but feels fairly firm.  It also comes as standard with full LEDs and is optioned with Mark Levinson sound system (which you can pay for on other models too), HUD (which is worth having) and several other extras.  It's one of the better options longer term and FSports tend to hold their value well as one of the more desirable models.

On 2/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, Flashback32 said:

Is a 2010 model adequate? 

<<<<<>>>>>>>

Ah, well, we bought our first RX450h three n a bit years ago, and had asked similar questions to yours.

A mate had an RX300, which had quite impressed me, (until one of his suspension struts went down!) and it was that cost that convinced me to go for an 'F-Sport' (2014 with proper springs!).

The ride IS firm, (I'd previously had an air-suspension Merc S500), so I noticed the difference immediately. However - the seats are gloriously comfortable, the mechanics of it are faultless, the sound system sublime. The HUD quickly became integrated into my driving, and I do drive this differently from previous cars - gone are the grand prix starts, handbrake turns and doughnuts in empty resonating car parks - my progression now suits the car [and my age] - sedate, gradual acceleration, and very little braking - - and a reasonable mph for a 21/2 tonne lump. (33 all year average in town).

As an aside - I took it to an (exceptionally good) local garage with Hunter Elite kit for wheel alignment last week, (our roads have a terminal rash of the compulsory potholes and speed lumps) - and no adjustments were necessary - all were still within the factory settings - and have not needed adjustment in at least four years - that's another indication of Lexus quality.

And yes, I'd decided that I'd prefer a car with a full Lexus service history, not a 100% perfect guarantee of honesty - but about as good as one can get.

And a simple check on if a vehicle's been clocked?  - I'd check on the MOT history of the car, https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history, 

GIven that you're in London it might be worth checking if the Euro emissions ratings are the same across the ages of RXs.

2009 are Euro 4, which is currently ULEZ compliant, but I'm sure I saw somewhere that newer models (not sure from what year it starts) are Euro 5. Given that the current ULEZ area is set to expand, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that our beloved mayor will shift the goalposts on Euro emissions ratings at some point in the future.

...or London's beloved mayor will have his goal posts moved somewhere out of harm's way along with him attached to them (you can live in hope!) 😄.  Whoever replaces him though will most likely carry head on charging down the zero emissions route, as most politicians are firmly wedded to killing our economy by doing so.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Best model from a spec perspective is the early (2009/10) SE-L.

I believe it has every option including the HUD, ML stereo, adaptive cruise control, heated/cooling seats etc and also has the traditional suspension.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links