Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX real economy or adverse conditions

Had the use of an NX300H for a couple of weeks that was considering purchasing.

Great driving position/specification but had noticed that the general fuel economy / most I could achieve was an average of 34mpg on a run and generally round the doors 32mpg.

I felt this was quite poor and more or less put it down to the size of the car/kerb weight and that although framed as a hybrid it struggled to be in EV mode very much at all.

Is this normal for the NX?

Decision not to purchase was an easy decision as after a final test re-fuelling and a computer reset then a run down the motorway over 70 mile distance it returned the worst I had seen

I wondered if the high winds we have been getting that this was down to adverse conditions and had spent the full duration of driving into a head wind to get such a poor average (27.6mpg)

What I had encountered with the economy seems a distance away from lexus figures, are these normal for the NX?

IMG_20230219_221748.jpg

I had a NX300H for 4 years and recorded every refill of fuel against mileage. Overall I averaged over 41mpg in 30000+ miles. Best was 46.32 and poorest 30.48. Season has a huge bearing with highest consumption in the winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ken R said:

I had a NX300H for 4 years and recorded every refill of fuel against mileage. Overall I averaged over 41mpg in 30000+ miles. Best was 46.32 and poorest 30.48. Season has a huge bearing with highest consumption in the winter.

I`m sure that your right foot and anticipatory skills played their part too Kenny ?

• Like 2

I get about the same 32MPG in winter. Considering it's an SUV that weighs almost 2 tonnes with the AC on 25c,
heated seat on,
heated steering wheel on,
heated rear screen on,
heated mirrors on
headlights on
for every early morning commute I think the MPG is pretty good. My 3 previous cars did 26-28 at best.  

Had my 350h for 5 months now - on a longer run I get around 45mpg and shorter journeys anything between 30mpg (if mostly uphill) and 75mpg (if mostly downhill). 

It is very good as swapping to EV mode when idling in traffic, which really helps overall MPG.

Overall, we have got about 36 to 37 mpg (real, not from the OBC) from our 2019 NX over 27K miles of mixed driving. I think this is pretty typical but I expect our new NX350h (whenever it arrives) will do about 45 mpg based on our test drive consumption.

On my 15 plate 300h current average is about 37 mpg.  I don’t reset this for individual journies, but the garage has a couple of times when in for service. 
does go up to 40+ in the summer and can drop to 34 in winter, so yes the weather does play a big part.  Also can see the movement on the type of driving I do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links