Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers seat height from ground

Hi trying to find out how high the drivers seat is from ground on a LS 430. Reason is a bad back 7 slipped discs and 1 is torn. I am 6'4" tall. Obviously if car seat to low I struggle to get in and out of car. 

Thanks in advance for any information or advice given

David 

OK, mine measures 26” from the ground to the top of the front of the seat base, bear in mind that the seat base can be height adjusted so you can raise the front.

Not sure if the car can be left in this mode when parked but could the air suspension be left in the high setting thereby raising the seat height further then switched back to normal once in and seated.

Funnily enough I got bored waiting outside the vets this week so decided to read the handbook on memory seat adjustments.

Following the book I pressed set and 1 to save the current position and then pressed 2.

The seat back came up first to near vertical, the base dropped down but then the seat began moving forward and continued. With my knees now impacting the dash I quickly pressed 1 again to avoid being crushed.

I closed the handbook and put it back in the dash box.

The cat is fine and enjoyed a rear seat massage on the way home 😀

• Haha 1

You should be fine, I'm 6'2" and have similar issues L1 through L5 and nerve damage. 

If it was still an issue you could use the 2nd seat memory setting as a get in / get out setting and use 1st setting for driving.

The retracting steering wheel is a massive help for getting the knees out without having to twist the lower back too much.

• Like 2

Just on the air suspension it does stay up (at least mine does) and also the seat memories are useful for me as my steering motors have failed and I have neither the spare cash or a mechanic willing to fix them so they can stay broke 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links