Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What did you get ?

Well today (Saturday) my F went for its MOT and the recall work regarding the fuel vent tube replacement at Lexus Maidstone, no surprises as it sailed the MOT, I had pre booked a courtesy car and was ready to pay the £15 charge, but I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that due to the recall the courtesy car charge would be covered by Lexus, even better I got a lovely 72 plate RX (old model) to take home, albeit for a short time as the work was completed in a little over two and a half hours and a complimentary wash and vac as well. Must say I was very impressed with the RX and the 3.5 V6 lump, extremely smooth and very sprightly considering it was the L version with a lovely V6 engine note that didnt sound over stressed, if it weren't for the can-bus thefts I'd be in the market for one come the day I wanted to change vehicle, interesting to note that the keyless entry had been disabled due the the increase of the can-bus related thefts.  20230304_094622.thumb.jpg.5a556da5353b2ab9070a2b2ccf704e73.jpg20230304_094121.thumb.jpg.6c508635f2ecac632c8dd2695b399e03.jpg

When I sat in one of those L versions it was still like 2 sizes smaller car inside but like a boat outside. Maybe for small Japanese that’s ok but for me a big NO.

Lexus Newcastle gave me a UX250 before Xmas.  It’s an Aston Martin dealer too, least they could do is give me a V8 vantage for a few hours!  RX is a lovely car, no way the wife is going to allow me to get rid of her Evoque for one though!

I requested an RX at my last service and another customer decided to crash their demo the day before my service 😞

Or so they said.... ha

Had an electric UX twice with Sidcup now.

Complete polar opposite of my car, but there we go haha

To be honest I thought I'd be given an all electric UX, last year I was given a normal hybrid UX and I thought it was a nippy little thing.

I will wait and see what Sidcup give me when I take the F sport hybrid in for its MOT, service and recall work next month. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links