Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Germany and Italy blocks ICEV bans for 2035

Linas.P

18 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Well no, it's not a conspiracy it's factual. Ireland has had funding from EEC schemes 

Same with Portugal, first time I went was before they joined the EU, roads were 'interesting'.  Last visit most roads amazing and goat tracks now roads.

However in 20 years time I assume without decent money going into maintenance, they might start heading back towards the past, and roads falling apart.  Who knows

32 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Aw c'mon on now  .......  let's put together some sort of Conspiracy Theory about that then  ..............  🤣

Malc

They use schemes for building roads for sure, the clue is the signs that are erected near said structure - funding from EEC scheme bla bla.

I don't think these schemes cover repairs of the roads itself and that is down to individual councils but the whole point is that the roads are f,d in England - because they aren't in the European economic region anymore forget grants, and unfortunately fixing roads isn't cheap - prepare for lots of bodged jobs I think 

43 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

because they aren't in the European economic region anymore forget grants,

and when we were in this European region I'm thinking we had good use of spare funds to fix our UK roads  ????  ...   hahahahahahahaha  ..........  never in a million years methinks  .  there never seemed any spare money for UK roads coming from EU funds to my awareness 🤔

Not enough money for roads eh, no surprises there then  BUT I'm thinking we'd rather now have those funds in the NHS and other " more worthy "  causes perhaps !

something one cannot blame Brexit for  then !  🤣

Malc

3 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

and when we were in this European region I'm thinking we had good use of spare funds to fix our UK roads  ????  ...   hahahahahahahaha  ..........  never in a million years methinks  .  there never seemed any spare money for UK roads coming from EU funds to my awareness 🤔

Not enough money for roads eh, no surprises there then  BUT I'm thinking we'd rather now have those funds in the NHS and other " more worthy "  causes perhaps !

Malc

I agree, it's an odd one - the UK had a friendly agreement with Ireland even though they had different currency - people were free to travel between the region's and so forth but when it comes to grants I don't think that England never really got much from being part of Europe, I can't answer that question.. but I do know some art galleries in England have had some funds from this EU membership just like the roads built in Ireland

It probably boils down to inept government at the end of the day but having a different currency probably didn't do any good 

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Aw c'mon on now  .......  let's put together some sort of Conspiracy Theory about that then  ..............  🤣

Malc

Well how about this then?

As a relatively wealthy nation we were a net contributor to the EU, and thus funded roads and infrastructure improvement in poorer member countries. Once they cleaned us out they pushed sufficient migrants onto us to drive enough people to vote for Brexit. Ironically, as things decline here, and roads and infrastructure fall apart, we may be the ones wishing to migrate to those European countries we've helped to build and improve, but forgot that freedom of movement works both ways, and so we're stuck here.

It was all a plot by the EU to take our money and then shut us out 🙂

Ever heard of the Secret Society of Pothole Men? Its massive and they are pretty good in staying under the radar. When is the last time you saw a pothole man? That's what I mean. They are neglecting the roads to such an extend that people will say enough is enough we cant take this anymore! Then the Society will come to the rescue but a prices and conditions unknown to men. Better prepare!

Well if the conspiracy theories are correct you will be in 15 minute bubbles in 2030 so maybe councils are just biding their time and not bothering with roads at all.. 

Whatever way you look at it they're a disgrace for a supposedly wealthy country 

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

so maybe councils are just biding their time and not bothering with roads at all.. 

it's a ploy to reduce speed ........... Speed Awareness Courses ..  create pothole courses . ........ furthering the cause of speed reduction programmes without costing a penny  .  nor a euro ..  we don't need to be a member of the EU for that .  Brexit is fine for me and I'm not an inward migrant and neither do i wish to be going outwards towards the " finer " things in Europe .  are there many ??  .  well fine escargot and frogs legs maybe but not to my delicate taste buds methinks 🤫

I'm ok with bangers and mash, pie 'n mash, toad in de 'ole  .....  Ole'  !

Malc

hehehehehe  ... 

The wheels look to be falling off this EV bandwagon, banning them for good would be the best outcome.

Dealers won't go near used one's with a bargepole 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-electric-vehicles/crisis-looms-used-electric-car-values-plummet

On 3/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, Malc1 said:

Malc

With all the money saved from not supporting EU (Boris said something like that) I suppose you have had all your roads repaired to mint condition. And got money enough to pay the working people so they do not have to stop working in order for others to see that the work they do is needed.

58 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The wheels look to be falling off this EV bandwagon, banning them for good would be the best outcome.

Dealers won't go near used one's with a bargepole 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-electric-vehicles/crisis-looms-used-electric-car-values-plummet

Convert all the EV cars to fuel cell when batteries no longer are good enough. No reason to make them landfill.

Like what is not possible to reuse from the batteries.

7 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Convert all the EV cars to fuel cell when batteries no longer are good enough. No reason to make them landfill.

Like what is not possible to reuse from the batteries.

I don't know, the amount of batteries put into EVs is at a level most people aren't even considering, I remember doing a spreadsheet last year I think it was and working out roughly how many batteries will be needed between now and 2040 with generous enough sales figures, still far lower than what we used to get but enough to provide a figure way too large to pronounce in scientific notation

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

With all the money saved from not supporting EU

ne'er a penny nor a euro saved at all  .  the potholes are still creating work for the otherwise whom would be unemployed ......  today even I saw and was caught up in a 4 way directional pothole repair scenario with at least 150 vehicles totally snarled up on the main 2 drags with about 4 in total on the remaining 2 ways involved .  and we all had to wait about 5 mins at each 4 way letting-out for the 20 seconds allowing about 5 vehicles to get thru'

It's called maybe traffic calming and /or driver irating syndrome  . and it works ..  one excellent outcome from Brexit eh !  Passive Traffic Calming 

Malc

• Haha 1

Scientists say reducing planet-heating pollution is non-negotiable if the world is to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre-industrial levels and avoid a key tipping point beyond which extreme flooding, droughts and wildfires will likely become much more frequent....

The problem is the science, how about wake up to the fact that the automotive industry isn't the chief culprit in .. climate change net zero. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/cars/eu-combustion-engine-debate-climate-intl/index.html

Offshore-green-hydrogen-An-offshore-wind-farm-in-the-Netherlands.thumb.jpg.ed1aac0dac1fafc82e29c617b0504e9a.jpg

Massive 500 MW offshore green hydrogen project finds home in the Netherlands

Mar By ERIN KILGORE               https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/author/erin-2-2-2/

The Dutch government has chosen a site to build the world’s largest offshore wind-to-H2 project.

The area that has been chosen is Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden, which will become home to the largest offshore green hydrogen production and transport project powered by wind turbines.

Offshore-green-hydrogen-pipeline-ocean.thumb.jpg.967b2c711ca53946feeca9328c9b69fc.jpg

The area was already planned for renewable electricity production.

Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden (the North of the Wadden Islands) was previously identified as a suitable region for offshore wind development and the production of electricity was already planned. It is one of the areas that the government of the Netherlands identified in 2022 for new offshore wind farms that could bring as much as 13.4 GW of combined capacity across nine sites.

Recently, the Dutch government announced that the area was ideal for large-scale offshore green hydrogen production, to provide 500 MW of electrolysis capacity and to transport hydrogen to land. The area’s suitability is not only due to its offshore wind farm, but an existing natural gas pipeline close to the site could be reused for green H2 transport to land, with the potential to properly connect to the onshore hydrogen network

The Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden wind farm is located 56 km (34.7 miles) off the coast of the Netherlands, to the north of Groningen.

ICE Ban 2035 off the table decided last night in the european parliament. This implies that ICE cars will be allowed ONLY if they run on E-Fuels. This means zero tailpipe emissions.

Of course normal ICE petrol or diesels are still allowed to drive until eternity this is about new cars on offer as from 2035. You can buy a V8 diesel in 2034 and keep driving without problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

ICE Ban 2035 off the table decided last night in the european parliament. This implies that ICE cars will be allowed ONLY if they run on E-Fuels. This means zero tailpipe emissions.

Of course normal ICE petrol or diesels are still allowed to drive until eternity this is about new cars on offer as from 2035. You can buy a V8 diesel in 2034 and keep driving without problem.

Apart from the fact you struggle to get a V8 anything now let alone in 2034

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Apart from the fact you struggle to get a V8 anything now let alone in 2034

Just buy a Maybach and a V8 is for children. V12 is the right way.

For normal people who just need to get from one place to another a V8 is just as not really needed.

24 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

For normal people who just need to get from one place to another a V8 is just as not really needed.

is this another of those Conspiracy Theories surmising that I'm NOT normal.........  .  jeez, wot's the world coming to !  🤩

Malc

47 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

is this another of those Conspiracy Theories surmising that I'm NOT normal.........  .  jeez, wot's the world coming to !  🤩

Malc

Do you think any of us are normal?

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Should any here want to know something about hydrogen that is not written by conspiracy loving people:

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/hydrogen-fuel-cell-ebook/

Hydrogen cars are way way off.. converting existing combustion engine cars to hydrogen is a long shot, if the cars have vvt or such as many modern cars do forget about it the ECU and timing and everything else won't know what is happening with the new fuel.

I think we need to step back and go back to what I said, combustion engine cars aren't the chief culprit with greenhouse gases. 

Let's say that more blunt, blame the cows, manufacturing plants and the main sources of greenhouse gases, net zero climate change things.

Is that a far etched conspiracy statement? Or common sense... Which seems absent in this world nowadays 

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Do you think any of us are normal?

Well people who refuse to accept anything but what they are told is a bit difficult to understand sometimes, yes 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Malc

I say stick with that V8, I done an Oil change on this Subaru today, almost 139k miles and purrs like a kitten and goes like a scaled cat when the needs arise, I would drive an electric car over the cliff and keep this.

Old cars are selling in auctions for crazy money, mostly the buyers are well heeled gen X people who have no interest in modern cars with zero driving dynamics.

80s and 90s cars now command a premium and the trend is following with 2000 models

Meanwhile electric cars aren't even taken in by dealers as part exchange.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links