Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Indicator when turning left

(Almost got run over last night by a fiesta driver who forgot to indicate at all. Of course he shouted "sorry" out the window ...no...he swore at me for getting in the way. :mad: )

Sounds like you are the same Chris, may be because the wheel is not coming back fast enough, but not a lot I can do about that when on a roundabout.

I do have to manually cancel, but in the new car the indicator tell tale click is a bit quieter and I am missing it :(

Originally posted by javadude

(Almost got run over last night by a fiesta driver who forgot to indicate at all. Of course he shouted "sorry" out the window ...no...he swore at me for getting in the way. :mad: )

Isn't it amazing the number of people who do not give a signal nowadays, that and bad lane discipline is just keeping the paint shops in business.

Originally posted by Blue Thunder

Yup, mine does that too. Total mind of its own. You could understand it if we all drove BMs as they dont have indicators at all, I understand its a huge extra cost option to have working lights fitted!!:lol:

So true!

Originally posted by lewispv
Originally posted by javadude

Isn't it amazing the number of people who do not give a signal nowadays, that and bad lane discipline is just keeping the paint shops in business.

Its true, lane discipline and indicating seem to be a big problem with some drivers. The amount of times I have been cut up when on the inside lane of roundabouts amazes me. And what amazes me more is that you have to avoid them and they never even know they have done it!

Rant is now over.:flaming:

Originally posted by lewispv

Anyone get a problem with the indicator failing to return to middle position after a left turn, in particular on a roundabout. Have had two IS's now and same symptom on both.

Any ideas ??

Glad it's not just me. There are a couple of corners locally that I use quite a bit and I've noticed the indicator doesn't cancel - they are probably JUST less than 90 degrees. Weird.

Originally posted by Blue Thunder

Yup, mine does that too. Total mind of its own. You could understand it if we all drove BMs as they dont have indicators at all, I understand its a huge extra cost option to have working lights fitted!!:lol:

nah you have got it wrong - you must be seeing cornish cars everywhere - everybody here knows that you dont use indicators or side lights "to save the battery" huge elderly population here - anyone ever come across a phantom driver metro????? wierdest thing u will ever see!

Cornish drivers are the coolest I have ever seen. When I used to take my hols down there, everyone was so chilled and courteous. Even the tractor drivers move over for you!

My indicator stalk sometimes doesnt return too. Might only be on corners <90 degrees though, I cant remember

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links