Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No wiper blades at Halfords for the LS430?

Went on online yesterday to get new blades. Website says no. (2006 LS430) took a drive over as I was near them anyway and they had none. Chap was very accommodating and went back and forth trying different ones but no joy. Local motor factors had none, and my "local" Lexus dealer is 50 miles away. So amazon here we come and... No. We can't ship this item to your address (I'm in Northern Ireland) 🙄   Off to Rock Auto over in the US of A and 2 blades plus Fedex shipping were £5 cheaper anyway. Anyone else have any issues with blades?  

2 hours ago, DavidCM said:

I got mine from Euro Car Parts..they have branches in NI.Best price on Denso wipers when I bought in  late December.

Yeah they have a branch in Portadown and others in Belfast but that's still a minimum of a 60 mile round trip for me. Next time I am up I might grab some just to have 🙂 

28 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

Yeah they have a branch in Portadown and others in Belfast but that's still a minimum of a 60 mile round trip for me. Next time I am up I might grab some just to have 🙂 

I've used ECP too, I just order two sets of blades, it includes free delivery, and Bob's my father's brother!

Got mine at local Toyota garage. They fitted them while they gave me a nice cup of coffee. 
Almost same price as Halfords - cheaper if you consider the coffee

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HMT said:

Got mine at local Toyota garage.

we do often underuse the local Experts with our cars .  the manufacturers facilities locally  .  the main dealers stores people  .  and the coffee

Malc

I just buy them online. I use Bosch AeroTwin blades in the 16" and 24" lengths.
Plenty of other options here https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ls-430-years-2000-to-2006-wiper-blades

If you prefer to use Halfords, just buy the 24" and 16" blades separately.

If you use the Bosch AeroTwin blades, you will have to cut away part of the cover that snaps down over the mount on the 24" drivers side blade.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Don't they offer delivery in NI?

Yes but it was still cheaper to order from the states (not by much I will admit) thing is I have bought blades from amazon before so can't understand why they won't deliver here now 🙄

1 hour ago, BMCWP said:

Yes but it was still cheaper to order from the states (not by much I will admit) thing is I have bought blades from amazon before so can't understand why they won't deliver here now 🙄

Thanks to the cluster🤬 that Brexit has turned out to be, amazon are waiting for a stable process for sending stuff to Northern Ireland to develop. They are sick to death of the rules changing every few months resulting in huge numbers of returned parcels and lost parcels.
A motorcycling friend in NI has gotten so sick and tired of the entire cluster🤬 that he now has all his stuff sent to a friends address in Eire and he rides there once per week to pick up what he has ordered.

• Thanks 1

I had a eBay buyer in NI and the eBay postal assist did not assist it declared the process as not applicable.So the sale was cancelled and as a result I excluded  all bidders from NI as it was a nightmare getting stuff to them.

https://www.ebay.de/str/goodrain?_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2563

Highly recommended.

I buy from that shop inserts for original wipers. Denso. Good. Here we have little rain, but lots of dust and that is hard on the rubber (plus use much liquid).

Pretty sure you can get inserts for all Lexus cars and probably also complete wipers.

23 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

has all his stuff sent to a friends address in Eire and he rides there once per week

with the myriad of criss crossing roads to and fro the border twixt the two it's never going to be a long long way to collect summat from Eire .....  is there a local Eire Post Office to anyone ordering  that stuff could be delivered to and collected from methinks !

Malc

Brian...Is there much difference in petrol prices between the North and South?

When I was last over there probably about 12 years ago, petrol was noticeably cheaper in the South.I'm going over there in a few weeks time and will be shuttling to and fro between Fermanagh and Donegal.

David

On 3/21/2023 at 3:07 PM, Malc1 said:

with the myriad of criss crossing roads to and fro the border twixt the two it's never going to be a long long way to collect summat from Eire .....  is there a local Eire Post Office to anyone ordering  that stuff could be delivered to and collected from methinks !

Malc

Lets just say I am no stranger to the border (being as I live a few miles from it) 😉 anyway the wipers arrived yesterday and ironically I couldn't fit them as it was chucking it down so will have to do that in the morning 🙂 As for petrol David there is not much in it (not enough for me to nip over and fill up for example) nothing like the way it was years ago 😞 Its slightly cheaper but really depends on the garage 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Thanks for that Brian.Good luck with the wipers.April showers are early again.

One thing about rock auto they send you the right stuff. Literally 2 minutes to fit straight from the box with no issues. (well, apart from a quick read of the instruction leaflet to work out what way round the clip went) 🙂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links