Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Access Lexus online service history

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

You need to set up a My Lexus account through the website or by using the Lexus Link mobile app for your phone platform.

Thanks for reply .I have done all that and registered my car but cannot find the service history section 😞

Log into your My Lexus account and select you're owned car and click on that car. The service history section is listed further down the page along with Vehicle settings, Shared location etc etc..

Have you verified your car and registered your multimedia system?

Mine only shows the service i did shortly after buying the car at 18k miles, because it seems the previous owner had not bothered setting up an online account, maybe?

I sitll think they should all be there linked to a particular VIN number. Not impressed.

52 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

Mine only shows the service i did shortly after buying the car at 18k miles, because it seems the previous owner had not bothered setting up an online account, maybe?

I sitll think they should all be there linked to a particular VIN number. Not impressed.

Your 100% on point it should have the 10,000 miles service record/log online at least for the 1st year.

A family member experienced this & questioned why 1 year service is missing from the service log & they were informed we can not guarantee or explain why there is a gap in the service record however to reassure them because its recently serviced pre-sale full inspection multi point check conducted with a Full service which provides 1 year warranty. 

The salesman will not tell you if its got a gap in the service record! Due dillegence required on your own part. I know its ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I only can access online service history if previous owner or owners have registered the car for this ? 

I'm very surprised Lexus doesn't record service digitally for new owners of used cars to access 

12 minutes ago, Colinb623 said:

So I only can access online service history if previous owner or owners have registered the car for this ? 

I'm very surprised Lexus doesn't record service digitally for new owners of used cars to access 

No I didnt buy mine New I think im the 2nd owner & if I log on it displays the full service history last 5 are visible for me.

3 minutes ago, IS300FSPORT said:

No I didnt buy mine New I think im the 2nd owner & if I log on it displays the full service history last 5 are visible for me.

Can I just ask where are you logging on and what section are you going into?

Is it through the lexus Link app ?

The screen shot you shared doesn't look like any screen i recognise as logged in and verified.

One should see Verified and Connected icons on the dashboard (home ) screen if using the web based portal. In the following screens there should be reference to the multimedia ID for your car.

If using the mobile based app the home screen should show you linked car and registration number, in the next screen should be the current mileage displayed.

I think the car hasn't been registered/verified correctly

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colinb623 said:

Can I just ask where are you logging on and what section are you going into?

Is it through the lexus Link app ?

https://www.lexus.co.uk/customer/portal#/

You have to register I think verification via your VIN number & log book apologiee its been 2 years cant remember specifics.

20230321_191755.jpg

Screenshot_20230321-191825_Chrome.jpg

20230321_191702.jpg

4 minutes ago, IS300FSPORT said:

You have to register I think verification via your VIN number & log book apologiee its been 2 years cant remember specifics.

20230321_191755.jpg

20230321_191702.jpg

Thanks for that . It seems I have all the options you have there except for vehicle service.  My car must not have had its services recorded online sadly 

Screenshot_20230321_191556_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230321_191605_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Colinb623 said:

I believe the servicing dealer will update the online record unless they forget, regardless of whether the owner has set up an account or not.

But to be honest there are very few details recorded, a stamped service book is better and better still is if you have the service invoices detailing exactly what work has been carried out.

For example I purchased my car used, the service invoices show that in addition to the service there was an air con service and full wheel alignment, but no record of this other than the service is recorded online.

2 hours ago, IS300FSPORT said:

20230321_191755.jpg

20230321_191702.jpg

Wow this is gold. I registered a while ago but didn't realise it had the full service history (mine has it right from the start) including a recent gearbox oil change that I got done in Jan. But it does seem thin on details. For example i see a warranty claim done at 14k but doesn't say for what. 

9 hours ago, Notamech said:

Wow this is gold. I registered a while ago but didn't realise it had the full service history (mine has it right from the start) including a recent gearbox oil change that I got done in Jan. But it does seem thin on details. For example i see a warranty claim done at 14k but doesn't say for what. 

When I got my two year old car back in 2016 and registered with the app I could see all the previous service details (four in my case as it had done 40k miles). Initially there was quite a bit of detail for each entry and for new ones (plus any other work) each time it went into Lexus. Then a few years ago Lexus changed something with the system and although the headline entry stayed in the app the details were significantly reduced and now virtually nothing is logged when the car goes in - and in some cases it now shows what should be Maintenence as a Repair! I don't know whether the dealers systems and the app are even linked anymore (they seemed to be originally given the level of detail) or whether someone just put something into a separate system (as the details must still be stored somewhere within Lexus) which is the one we now see?

BTW we also have a Toyota and this usesbthe same app with a different skin and in that the entries are also just the bare bones. 

To be honest I'm a little disappointed with this . My f sport 2016 was imported into Ireland in 2019 .prior to this it spent 3 years in the UK and according to the service booklet  ,had regular services at a main dealer ., and yet no record of this online . I appreciate the service booklet is there to verify the service history, but some detail on the services would be nice 

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

When I got my two year old car back in 2016 and registered with the app I could see all the previous service details (four in my case as it had done 40k miles). Initially there was quite a bit of detail for each entry and for new ones (plus any other work) each time it went into Lexus. Then a few years ago Lexus changed something with the system and although the headline entry stayed in the app the details were significantly reduced and now virtually nothing is logged when the car goes in - and in some cases it now shows what should be Maintenence as a Repair! I don't know whether the dealers systems and the app are even linked anymore (they seemed to be originally given the level of detail) or whether someone just put something into a separate system (as the details must still be stored somewhere within Lexus) which is the one we now see?

BTW we also have a Toyota and this usesbthe same app with a different skin and in that the entries are also just the bare bones. 

Yeah I noticed that too. Recent services seem very off. Like i did a major service when i bought the car but dont see that entry. Just the hybrid check from that service is recorded. Also last week I got my waterpump replaced and dont see that repair recorded either. Fortunately when i bought the car it came with most of the receipts. 

13 minutes ago, Notamech said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Recent services seem very off. Like i did a major service when i bought the car but dont see that entry. Just the hybrid check from that service is recorded. Also last week I got my waterpump replaced and dont see that repair recorded either. Fortunately when i bought the car it came with most of the receipts. 

Yes I also had a service that only shows the hybrid health check too. What's on the Lexus Link app isn't worth having anymore unfortunately. I always make sure they stamp the service book and keep copies of all my receipts. 

• Like 1

My recent service showed up on the app,but listed it as"major", rather than "minor". The garage haven't been able to correct it on the app.They did send me a screenshot of their system confirming "minor" service.

Regarding the app showing only hybrid checks,there is a filter button on that screen which filters hybrid/maintenance/repair.Mak sure it is off on all the options to show all.

Incidentally,my garage said Lexus were working on improving the app.Perhaps it would be kinder to take it to the vet and have it put down.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

My recent service showed up on the app,but listed it as"major", rather than "minor". The garage haven't been able to correct it on the app.They did send me a screenshot of their system confirming "minor" service.

Regarding the app showing only hybrid checks,there is a filter button on that screen which filters hybrid/maintenance/repair.Mak sure it is off on all the options to show all.

Incidentally,my garage said Lexus were working on improving the app.Perhaps it would be kinder to take it to the vet and have it put down.

My [unrequested] professional opinion, as someone who designs interfaces for a living, is that both the Lexus website ecosystem AND the apps are pretty underwhelming... 🙄 and I'm sure it's not lack of money to do it better.

• Like 1

Well I managed to access the service history online . I'm a bit under whelmed.  It lists the services done at the UK main dealer from 2016 to 2019 but that's about it . No detail,  only the hybrid health check .

• Like 1

I had issues with the VW online logbook, what a pita. Whats wrong with a real service book? 🤨 It a lot easier to show someone the physical service book when youre trying to sell the car than find the super secret hidden online one, also I just had to trust that the dealer was electronically logging the services each time.

16 hours ago, DavidCM said:

I did get Lexus Customer Service to change one of mine from Repair to Maintenance a while back but when it happened again I decided not to bother as I could see me having to do it every time! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links