Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2009-2015 RX450h Boot Carpet Mat Query.

Thanks Peter, yes I did see that one but it's rubber and I was looking for a carpeted version (if such a thing exists).

For some reason I can't type anything in the search products box on their site, which is odd.

Might contact Lexus customer services and ask the question but given the wealth of knowledge I thought a post here might yeild an answer.

I had a similar requirement for a different use, so I bought an off cut of carpet, and had the carpet shop cut it to shape and do the edging. 

In the absence of a genuine Lexus one it might be worth a try, and you can use the rubber mat as a template.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneyTT said:

Does anyone know if Lexus offer a carpeted boot mat or over mat for a 2009-15 RX450h, I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find anything?

Hi Barney,

I looked for one when we bought our RX  a few years back, but never did find a carpet, and bought a rubber liner.

Since then I bought one of the thin hard-wearing shop entrance type mats, and cut to shape. (they don't fray and don't require edging.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I had a similar requirement for a different use, so I bought an off cut of carpet, and had the carpet shop cut it to shape and do the edging. 

In the absence of a genuine Lexus one it might be worth a try, and you can use the rubber mat as a template.

Will keep that in mind although I would need a rubber mat for the template in the first instance.

4 hours ago, Illogan said:

Hi Barney,

I looked for one when we bought our RX  a few years back, but never did find a carpet, and bought a rubber liner.

Since then I bought one of the thin hard-wearing shop entrance type mats, and cut to shape. (they don't fray and don't require edging.)

Seems like a genuine Lexus item isn't on the cards, annoying that I can find aftermarket boot carpet mats for the earlier RX400h and would have gone for one of those in the absence of a Lexus item, if they were available for the 450h. The hard wearing shop entrance mat is another idea worth noting though, thanks.

22 minutes ago, BarneyTT said:

Will keep that in mind although I would need a rubber mat for the template in the first instance.

Templates are fairly easy to make from newspaper. Sellotape sheets together, larger than the boot space, and draw carefully around the edge with a felt-tip pen. Suggest felt tip, as you do not have to press hard to get a mark. I have done this on a number of cars to get a good carpet fit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Templates are fairly easy to make from newspaper. Sellotape sheets together, larger than the boot space, and draw carefully around the edge with a felt-tip pen. Suggest felt tip, as you do not have to press hard to get a mark. I have done this on a number of cars to get a good carpet fit.

Agreed, although I've found that a cheap roll of lining paper (aka wallpaper) is a little more durable, less likely to tear, and requires only one sellotaped join.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I may well go down this route if I can't find what I'm looking for, thanks Dav

17 hours ago, Spock66 said:

I had one custom made for my 4th Gen RX by this company, I went for the top quality carpet option nicely made at a reasonable cost.

https://www.bootliners-uk.com/

Sadly, they only seem to cover 450h models from 2016  onwards (mines a 2012), might drop them an email just in case.

17 hours ago, Illogan said:

Agreed, although I've found that a cheap roll of lining paper (aka wallpaper) is a little more durable, less likely to tear, and requires only one sellotaped join.

Good tip, noted:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BarneyTT said:

Sadly, they only seem to cover 450h models from 2016  onwards (mines a 2012), might drop them an email just in case.

They will make a custom one from a template if you contact them.

3 hours ago, Spock66 said:

They will make a custom one from a template if you contact them.

That sounds promising, thanks:thumbsup:

Just heard back from Lexus Parts Direct and they have confirmed only the plastic/rubber mat is available for my car, so it's aftermarket or DIY.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links