Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

location of fuse box

The manual for my RX450H 2012 says there is a fuse box low down below the steering wheel on the driver's side - there is even a photograph of it.  But on my car there is no such fuse box, as far as I can see.

Am I just not looking hard enough, or is this fuse box located elsewhere?  I need to check one of the fuses in it.

There are two others fuse boxes under the bonnet, exactly as described in the manual.

There's only three main places for fuse boxes, those being the engine bay, the driver's footwell and the passenger footwell. There may be a couple of other locations but they're only small ones (2 or 3 fuses) and are local to the devices they protect.

You're not looking hard enough. Lie on your back with your head looking towards the top of the dashboard and ye shall see 'em.

EDIT: It's possible that you may have to pull the carpet out and away to see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

There's only three main places for fuse boxes, those being the engine bay, the driver's footwell and the passenger footwell. There may be a couple of other locations but they're only small ones (2 or 3 fuses) and are local to the devices they protect.

You're not looking hard enough. Lie on your back with your head looking towards the top of the dashboard and ye shall see 'em.

EDIT: It's possible that you may have to pull the carpet out and away to see it.

It will help if one's completed a four-year-long apprenticeship with Cirque Du Soleil, and one's mastered dry-shaving with a broken bottle whilst in a backward somersault.

But don't worry if not (we all have to start somewhere!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the delay in response.

This is driving me properly mad.  I have contorted myself as recommended, pulled up the carpet and removed the local trim.  But I cannot find the fuse box!

See photos showing the driver's side footwell, looking upwards from the pedal area.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

David

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

I’ve just been through the same search looking for the fuse box to fit my dash cam!

Found it at last! It’s on the passenger side ie. Left hand side . Little white fuse box right up in the left hand corner. Good luck searching .

17 hours ago, Bathguy said:

I should have guessed that the manual was written with LHD vehicles in mind.

Why would you guess that?

Japan drives on the left, like the UK.  Their cars are built as RHD.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links