Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

I've received this from the Museum, they seem to be a real shambles so if anyone who attended could e-mail her directly it may help.

I have replied to her e-mail stating that their organisation of the event was a right sh** show and not to add insult to injury by trying to invoice me.

icon_blank_contact_75.png
Susan Evans <susan.evans@britishmotormuseum.co.uk>
To: DAVID WILTSHIRE david.wiltshire@btopenworld.com;
28/06/23 10:27

Hi David

Hope you are well.

I spoke with my colleague yesterday who was working on the Pay Van on Sunday and he said only 3 members paid at the Pay Van. How many members turned up to the venue -  just so I know how many people to invoice you for (less the organiser)?

Have a good day

With kind regards

Susan

Susan Evans

Bookings Officer
dd : 01926 895227 (please note new number)

British Motor Museum - Safe Spaces for safe Meetings

green.png eco.pngCHSAwards20---Winner---Independent-Venue-thumbnail.jpgAIM%20Contagion%20Secure%20logo.png

bmm_email_logo.png
British Motor Museum · Banbury Road · Gaydon · Warwickshire · CV35 0BJ
t: 01926 895300

Yes I will happily email and explain what happened and how much of a shambles the whole thing was. Also I handed back my sticker which the person at the booth put back in the envelope. Do you want me to CC you in?

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 5:05 PM, Arqum said:

Thanks for sorting things @B1RMA. FYI handed my sticker back so they best not invoice you for it.

3 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

@B1RMA I'm in the same boat as @besso. I forgot to hand my sticker back in, was too busy talking. Please personal message me your details and I will send the money over

Ideally @B1RMA we should negotiate a deal for the lack of organization from their end and how it affected everyone and turned people away after making the effort to attend. 

• Like 1

First things first, everyone who didn't pay please pay David aka @B1RMA as soon as possible (this includes myself btw). He organised this and may choose to just pay the invoice and get on with life, and if so that's his decision imo. Let's at least make sure he's not out of pocket.

David if you do in fact want to pursue this you may wish to put in a formal complaint rather than dealing with Susan (if it was her that made the mistake regarding arrival times). I don't know if my advice is worth much, but I would say (annoying as it is) pay the invoice as at least then they can't argue that you haven't done your part, and then it's on them to sort out any goodwill/reimbursements.

I agree it was disorganised with conflicting information, a rude marshal on arrival blaming us for being late, at least 6 cars being sent to separate car park outside the main event etc. BUT despite that it was still overall a very positive experience and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and being around some cool cars. 😀

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BillNick said:

If I need to send £10 for the last min drop out, pls let me know and I will 🙂

No don't, the Museum seem to have got it wrong and like all big disorganisations they'll try it on.

I'm sure a few polite but firm e-mails will perhaps give them some food for thought.

One thing's for sure if we have another gathering it won't be there.

I also ticked 'Pay at Gate' in my signing of this arrangement. If they were so useless that they didn't get that then tough.

32 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

No don't, the Museum seem to have got it wrong and like all big disorganisations they'll try it on.

I'm sure a few polite but firm e-mails will perhaps give them some food for thought.

One thing's for sure if we have another gathering it won't be there.

Fair enough, I just hope you don't lose out or spend a lot of time/energy dealing with this. Hopefully they write it off as a goodwill gesture. Still have £10 waiting to go should they invoice you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I've received this from the Museum, they seem to be a real shambles so if anyone who attended could e-mail her directly it may help.

I have replied to her e-mail stating that their organisation of the event was a right sh** show and not to add insult to injury by trying to invoice me.

icon_blank_contact_75.png
Susan Evans <susan.evans@britishmotormuseum.co.uk>
To: DAVID WILTSHIRE david.wiltshire@btopenworld.com;
28/06/23 10:27

Hi David

Hope you are well.

I spoke with my colleague yesterday who was working on the Pay Van on Sunday and he said only 3 members paid at the Pay Van. How many members turned up to the venue -  just so I know how many people to invoice you for (less the organiser)?

Have a good day

With kind regards

Susan

Susan Evans

Bookings Officer
dd : 01926 895227 (please note new number)

British Motor Museum - Safe Spaces for safe Meetings

green.png eco.pngCHSAwards20---Winner---Independent-Venue-thumbnail.jpgAIM%20Contagion%20Secure%20logo.png

bmm_email_logo.png
British Motor Museum · Banbury Road · Gaydon · Warwickshire · CV35 0BJ
t: 01926 895300

Pay Van?? Where was this?.. didn't see anyone trying to ask for money at all.

B1RMA, let me know how to pay you and will send the money... sorry didn't know how it was supposed to be working.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Pay Van?? Where was this?.. didn't see anyone trying to ask for money at all.

B1RMA, let me know how to pay you and will send the money... sorry didn't know how it was supposed to be working.

I have no idea where the Pay Van is. Once I establish what and where it is situated I can proceed with the Museum.

Thanks for the offers to pay me, let's see how it pans out with the Museum.

• Like 1

Keep us posted and I'm sure you'll have no issues with them since the confirmation is in writing. 

If they become difficult I'm sure we are all happy to write reviews about our terrible experience on there website and Google. 

I also do agree with Rob that I don't want you out of pocket and I'm still happy to pay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I have no idea where the Pay Van is. Once I establish what and where it is situated I can proceed with the Museum.

Thanks for the offers to pay me, let's see how it pans out with the Museum.

Also worth noting that at least 2 cars turned up that weren't even part of our meet and got directed to the inner car park in case they try to invoice you for those. Silver GSF and red RC I think.

I had a chat with the GSF owner just before I left, nice guy, he said he was meeting his son there and was surprised to be directed to a special "Lexus only" area. 😂 He's a member on here, but wasn't aware of the meet.

• Like 1

@B1RMA let me know if I need to pay, I did however return my sticker to the pay 'shack'.

The other RC300h that was on the very end belonged to a trader as he approached while I had my bonnet up showing one of our other members (sorry forgot your name) the hybrid system, well that part of it that can be seen anyway

I must admit that this forum does puzzle me some what as there is an event/show page but it gets very little use or even views and most events are just posted in the pages for specific models.

14 hours ago, Littorio said:

@B1RMA let me know if I need to pay, I did however return my sticker to the pay 'shack'.

The other RC300h that was on the very end belonged to a trader as he approached while I had my bonnet up showing one of our other members (sorry forgot your name) the hybrid system, well that part of it that can be seen anyway

I must admit that this forum does puzzle me some what as there is an event/show page but it gets very little use or even views and most events are just posted in the pages for specific models.

I think it's fair to say that the payment arrangement I made with the Museum didn't work, we were supposed to pay on entry so invoicing me is out of the question because I signed up for pay on entry.

I think if we do arrange another gathering I don't think we will bother with this venue again. I'll post on Pistonheads Midlands forum to find a car friendly pub.

• Like 4

Just a thought, I must be a glutton for punishment but. Many years ago I lived in Newbury, there is a fantastic road between Newbury and Wantage.

So it got me thinking how about September time we arrange to meet at the Chievley Services just outside Newbury, I'm not sure if this is central enough for everyone who would like to come along. But I know this road would be great for a drive out plus I know  a very nice pub on the Newbury to Wantage road that may be car friendly to stop at for a bite of lunch.

There is a three hour time limit at the Services but that will give us time to meet-up and go for a drive. Again I find Sunday to be best for me.

What do you think?

• Like 3

Meet and ride out sounds great, so I would come along. As for motor museum, handed my tickets back, but happy to pay you Birma if they insist on invoicing you and your going to be out of pocket.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pielight said:

@B1RMA What was the eventual outcome regarding the museum pursuing you for payment?

I sent an e-mail to them stating that as far as I was aware everyone had paid. I also mentioned the fact that the our designated area had large towed trailers parked in it wasn't great either. I have not had anything since so I'm guessing it's concluded.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I sent an e-mail to them stating that as far as I was aware everyone had paid. I also mentioned the fact that the our designated area had large towed trailers parked in it wasn't great either. I have not had anything since so I'm guessing it's concluded.

That's good news, but if by any chance they hassle you again, let us know so we can transfer you money to settle up.👍🏼

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links