Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First service ux250h

So I get my car valeted weekly due to being a clean freak and really like to have a shiny car looking its best. Below are the pictures of the car the day before the service. Brand new no marks like a mirror all round. Anyway, get car back and have scratches all over the front bonnet and one on the passengers door handle. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just something lexus do to your cars when servicing them. I feel like I constantly moan on here but after phoning them up they tell me marks where there already. I am happy to get it valeted again and have all scratches removed via machine polish however I think this is frustrating and can't believe they don't treat people's cars with no respect. Has anyone else had this problem or just me? Also I'm at the point of selling it due to everything that's happened with them over the last year.

20230415_190811.jpg

20230419_120123.jpg

20230419_120331.jpg

20230419_120251.jpg

20230419_120347.jpg

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

So I get my car valeted weekly due to being a clean freak and really like to have a shiny car looking its best. Below are the pictures of the car the day before the service. Brand new no marks like a mirror all round. Anyway, get car back and have scratches all over the front bonnet and one on the passengers door handle. Has anyone else experienced this or is it just something lexus do to your cars when servicing them. I feel like I constantly moan on here but after phoning them up they tell me marks where there already. I am happy to get it valeted again and have all scratches removed via machine polish however I think this is frustrating and can't believe they don't treat people's cars with no respect. Has anyone else had this problem or just me? Also I'm at the point of selling it due to everything that's happened with them over the last year.

20230415_190811.jpg

20230419_120123.jpg

20230419_120331.jpg

20230419_120251.jpg

20230419_120347.jpg

It's Highley unlikely Darrell as Paul Dillon, the chief executive of Lexus would sack these involved make no mistake about that. You should email him, so he can look into it OK 

Paul.Dillon@Marshall.co.uk

• Like 1

Darrel.   I’m so sorry to hear of your experience of Lexus “valeting”  I agree it is bloody abysmal and should best be avoided.  When I collected my new car, it wasn’t quite up to standard .  It had been left outside.  I mentioned this to the salesman he apologised and said   “I will not allow the valeter to touch one of my new cars”  They are all contractors. The same scenario happened on my son’s ES went in spotless, told not to clean,  they did! Same outcome as yours.  Disgraceful.  Complain right to the top.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rayaans said:

To be honest, if you don't want scratches you should be telling them not to wash the car. 

Yes that's the response you should give if some lads knock on your door "can we wash your car mister", but not at the dealership of a luxury brand that supposedly prides itself on customer service.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fourbanks said:

It's Highley unlikely Darrell as Paul Dillon, the chief executive of Lexus would sack these involved make no mistake about that. You should email him, so he can look into it OK 

Paul.Dillon@Marshall.co.uk

Did mention it already but got told they were already there. The bloke who valets my car has said, he can get them all out. Just very frustrating that this happened. Like I said love the car but service is not what u expect. Never had this before so dunno what is happening. Thanks for the email address though just don't want anyone losing jobs etc as I'm not that sort of person 👍. Next time I take car for its next service I will make sure I get copy of paperwork when they check it. However after lots of complaining they did say if you drive by we can have a look for you. That will probably be same people who scratched it so dunno if I should trust em to try get em out. 😆 🤣 

3 hours ago, Dazzle1983 said:

Did mention it already but got told they were already there. The bloke who valets my car has said, he can get them all out. Just very frustrating that this happened. Like I said love the car but service is not what u expect. Never had this before so dunno what is happening. Thanks for the email address though just don't want anyone losing jobs etc as I'm not that sort of person 👍. Next time I take car for its next service I will make sure I get copy of paperwork when they check it. However after lots of complaining they did say if you drive by we can have a look for you. That will probably be same people who scratched it so dunno if I should trust em to try get em out. 😆 🤣 

The staff at of the Lexus franchises are a complete mish mash of talent, and with much regret that's the state of play today with multi car franchises. Private dealers operating a single franchise will always be far superior 

• Like 1

My first UX had an issue with a sticking sun roof. The experience of taking in and how I was treated, courtesy car etc. was first class and problem solved. I only issue was finding a grease hand print on my cream "leather" centre arm rest. Got the mark out myself. I gave them a 4 instead of 5 on Google reviews. It was remarkable how quickly I was contacted to see how they could encourage me to revise that to a 5 star! I was offered a free valet and gem coat when I came in for the next service which I accepted and edited my review. So, I wonder if a less than complimentary public review on Google might work for you Darrell? 

• Like 1

This is unacceptable and for a brand like Lexus. They ought to be embarrassed by that. As someone else who considers their car to be their pride and joy, I do spend a lot of time cleaning it properly. I even subscribe to a few semi-professional and full-time professional detailers over on YouTube.

The problem I always find when dealers clean your car is that, yes, they simply use contractors who are often careless. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a mediocre job of a cleanish car which is full of water stains. Usually, it's a 'patchwork quilt' type of affair where it’s clear bits have been missed and more often than not, they've only very briefly put a sponge over the alloy facings - leaving them mostly dirty. At worst - you'll end up in the unfortunate situation of scratches like what you’ve seen. 

When my UX was in for a service and it’s first MOT last month, I did give them permission to wash it. I done this simply because it wasn't that dirty to begin with (less chance of inflicting scratches/swirls) and it was bitterly cold - too cold for me to give it a once-over myself. When I got it back, it looked pretty good from 20ft away. No scratches were there, but they’d completely missed washing the driver's side door mirror and the recessed panel which the rear number plate sits in.

23 hours ago, Spock66 said:

Yes that's the response you should give if some lads knock on your door "can we wash your car mister", but not at the dealership of a luxury brand that supposedly prides itself on customer service.

Its the response that should be given to all car dealerships

They're all sub contracted to valeters - not detailers. 

It doesn't matter if its a Lexus or a Rolls Royce, there's still a valeter there trying to wash 20-30 cars in a day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its the response that should be given to all car dealerships

They're all sub contracted to valeters - not detailers. 

It doesn't matter if its a Lexus or a Rolls Royce, there's still a valeter there trying to wash 20-30 cars in a day

My thoughts exactly. I tell them every time my car is in, not to wash it. I always send the car in dirty as well, so that it is obvious if they have washed it by mistake… not that this has happened so far. 

As much as I love a clean car, I would rather have a dirty car for weeks, than risk a dealer cleaning it and causing damage to the paint work. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 4:27 PM, Navnan2 said:

My first UX had an issue with a sticking sun roof. The experience of taking in and how I was treated, courtesy car etc. was first class and problem solved. I only issue was finding a grease hand print on my cream "leather" centre arm rest. Got the mark out myself. I gave them a 4 instead of 5 on Google reviews. It was remarkable how quickly I was contacted to see how they could encourage me to revise that to a 5 star! I was offered a free valet and gem coat when I came in for the next service which I accepted and edited my review. So, I wonder if a less than complimentary public review on Google might work for you Darrell? 

Controversial maybe but what's the point of a review if anyone can be bribed to change it for the better?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:04 PM, Lmafudd said:

Controversial maybe but what's the point of a review if anyone can be bribed to change it for the better?

When I said I changed my review I didn't remove my comments/observations, I just added the reaction of the dealer to my review and changed the 4 to 5 stars. I felt this was reasonable given their reaction. So people can still see the whole story and make their own mind up. I don't feel bribed at all.

I feel for you Darrell being a clean freak with weather wev'e had recently, the last three times I cleaned mine it rained the day after, made worse by the fact of living in rural Somerset so with all the crap on the roads one half hour trip later the car looks as if I haven't washed it for weeks.

Grateful for those extended door skirts though that mean the sills keep clean.

Look forward the the Summer, at this rate it will be winter again before we have any nice weather.

So glad I picked my car up last July, drove it 30 miles home from Lexus Bristol and it was still sparkly when I arrived home.

Still pains me to think of when I 'retired' (still working) 12 years ago, after many years of company cars I treated myself to an Audi A4 Avant, looked beautiful under all the spotlights in the showroom, had to drive it home from Taunton up the M5, it was dark, piddling down with rain and filthy weather all round. That was the one and only time I saw that car in showroom condition.

Bill D.

22 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

I feel for you Darrell being a clean freak with weather wev'e had recently, the last three times I cleaned mine it rained the day after, made worse by the fact of living in rural Somerset so with all the crap on the roads one half hour trip later the car looks as if I haven't washed it for weeks.

It must be time for the hosepipe bans to start again !

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links