Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Recall….

14 hours ago, Ken R said:

Hi Ronnie

No it's just for the new 2022 models I believe. It's just one of numerous recalls. I believe there are at least another two in the pipeline which is very disappointing. This model launch should have been delayed to address these issues prior to customers taking delivery. Most un-Lexus like! The Lexus Link app is also a source of problems so my patience is wearing thin. I would take my NX300h back in an instant!

Crikey Ken.. Sorry to hear about the problems you are Having with the Nx450h Albeit software issues and I would agree Lexus Should most definately have Addressed these problems Sooner rather than Later..ironically i was thinking My next Lexus might well be The same as Yours So hopefully they will get this software issue sorted ...Mine goes in to Edinburgh 22d June for its first M.O.T Followed by my Insurance Renewal ..Think I will stick with Saga For another Year.. Depending of course on the price..Hope you and the Family are all well and Maybe bump in to you at The dealership some time in the future..Take Care My friend..Ron

Lexus have to operate differently now.

When the first UK LS400 came out we owners were a small group of pioneers. We had Club Lexus, with events like black tie dinner at the RAC Club in Pall Mall and Tarbuck as entertainment.

Once the model range and sales increased that became too big to handle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Crikey Ken.. Sorry to hear about the problems you are Having with the Nx450h Albeit software issues and I would agree Lexus Should most definately have Addressed these problems Sooner rather than Later..ironically i was thinking My next Lexus might well be The same as Yours So hopefully they will get this software issue sorted ...Mine goes in to Edinburgh 22d June for its first M.O.T Followed by my Insurance Renewal ..Think I will stick with Saga For another Year.. Depending of course on the price..Hope you and the Family are all well and Maybe bump in to you at The dealership some time in the future..Take Care My friend..Ron

Hi Ronnie 

Good to hear from you. Yes it's all a bit frustrating that the car itself is excellent but the Lexus Link software issues and the number of recalls with a general lack of urgency to resolve matters are now testing my patience. Once these are addressed it will be an outstanding car. Regards insurance I paid £233 fully comp last year (Aviva) but it looks likely that this will rise by c£100 when it renews next month. May well bump into you at the dealership as the combination of services and recalls resulted in 3 visits within 2 weeks!

Stay well.

Ken

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 2:13 PM, hintonwood said:

Received a letter from Lexus about the XGG95 recall to reprogram the ECU again - this time for a fault with the TSS3 safety system.

This is my 4th recall for ECU issues. Very inconvenient with a 60 mile round trip each time.☹️

Had my software updated for the XGG95 recall yesterday.

The actual update only took 2 hours but I had a loan car anyway.

Whilst it was in they replaced the fuel flap mechanism. Top marks to Lexus Hedge End for doing it for me at the same visit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had my recall done yesterday, can’t notice any difference on it. I asked whilst it was in if they could have a look for a rattle around the drivers side speaker or air vent (only occurs on a rough surface) but they found and sorted it, driving like brand new again. I did the pick up and drop off service for £12 and when they phoned to say the car was ready, I asked to pay the £12, service dept said no they would charge it back to Lexus due to the recall, excellent service again from Lexus Glasgow.

just done an app update on my phone for the Lexus app, it said to fix bugs etc, it hasn’t solved my bugs, showing no fuel, parked at a different address from 21/02/2023, and the last trip was days ago although it’s a daily driver!, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail, maybe one day it will just work the way it should.

Yes. I am experiencing similar issues with the app although the location of the car is now correct and I am able to lock/unlock the car via the app. Total mileage hasn’t updated for over 3 months. It was only recording about 1 journey in 5 initially but this was addressed and resulted in 9 out of 10 being shown. Unfortunately that has recently reverted to being sporadic - the past weekend it only recorded 5 out of 12 journeys. Its hugely disappointing in what is a premium product and it is tarnishing the Lexus reputation. 

4 hours ago, Ken R said:

the location of the car is now correct and I am able to lock/unlock the car via the app.

Same for me now. Previously it said the car was moving when it wasn’t. 😬 small steps….

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 5:29 PM, Ken R said:

Yes. I am experiencing similar issues with the app although the location of the car is now correct and I am able to lock/unlock the car via the app. Total mileage hasn’t updated for over 3 months. It was only recording about 1 journey in 5 initially but this was addressed and resulted in 9 out of 10 being shown. Unfortunately that has recently reverted to being sporadic - the past weekend it only recorded 5 out of 12 journeys. Its hugely disappointing in what is a premium product and it is tarnishing the Lexus reputation. 

I've not had much success with lock/unlock via the app.  There is a info bubble that says the car was locked with a key or the alarm is set so must use the key to unlock. If I unlock with key and then lock with the app the info bubble just comes back.  Anybody else have this?

Just tried this, it say’s, unlocking disabled, your car was locked with a key or the alarm was set, please unlock manually with your smart key.

Tried it again, I can lock the car using the app, turn on the heating etc but can’t unlock the doors. In fairness I think we have an inferior app to the US/Canada app when you see what they get on their phone screens and options (YouTube video on setup of a new car).

This all very much sounds like teething issues which are present on almost every single new car.

Best to buy when the model is out for atleast 1 year and atleast its being done as a recall and not as a "wait till its out of warranty" kind of approach

I dont think a recall counts as being "unreliable" does it - its technically not broken but an update?

• 2 weeks later...

My phone app is now up and running showing fuel % and current location, last journey etc, it has just started working without any app update, strange.

• Confused 2

On 5/26/2023 at 3:40 PM, rayaans said:

This all very much sounds like teething issues which are present on almost every single new car.

Best to buy when the model is out for atleast 1 year and atleast its being done as a recall and not as a "wait till its out of warranty" kind of approach

I dont think a recall counts as being "unreliable" does it - its technically not broken but an update?

Some recalls can be serious but if they are only to get the car to read correct fuel consume and thing like that they are not something to worry about.

I have never read about a CT recall and Lexus has never called the one we in for a recall, so I wonder if there were any after the model was updated.

Audi has more recalls than Skoda for the reason that the latest of technology is in the Audi, while Skoda is built on older technology and that technology has been updated in the Audis so  buyers of the latest models are guinea pigs.

2 hours ago, 78csj said:

My phone app is now up and running showing fuel % and current location, last journey etc, it has just started working without any app update, strange.

That is strange although mine has started showing the total mileage correctly again. Still, nothing else works so maybe if yours is all ok again they are correcting things behind the scenes one at a time!

I am convinced the issues are related to the servers run by Lexus and it is the communications between them and the car that is causing the app to show weird things.

hopefully things are starting to move in a positive way 🤞

• Like 1

Mine too is now showing the correct mileage for the first time in 4 months! I take on board the point that such "minor" recalls are not something to worry about however they are annoying and should not be simply accepted as part and parcel of owning a newly launched vehicle particularly one in the premium sector. Such recalls - minor or not - are risking reputational damage to the brand. 

10 hours ago, 78csj said:

As has mine. 👍

Ill need to check if my remote locking is working when I get back home.

9 hours ago, Ken R said:

Mine too is now showing the correct mileage for the first time in 4 months! I take on board the point that such "minor" recalls are not something to worry about however they are annoying and should not be simply accepted as part and parcel of owning a newly launched vehicle particularly one in the premium sector. Such recalls - minor or not - are risking reputational damage to the brand. 

What I find strange Ken is that, during the 4 months that you were having problems with the app etc, ours was and always has been behaving and reporting everything ok, bar the odd missed journey. 🤔
This is both prior and after the recalls.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

What I find strange Ken is that, during the 4 months that you were having problems with the app etc, ours was and always has been behaving and reporting everything ok, bar the odd missed journey. 🤔
This is both prior and after the recalls.

Same here Paul. It's bewildering. If it was the servers, as suggested by Steve, I would have thought everyone would have been affected equally. The not knowing,  uncertaint and, reduced confidence does dent the brand image as mentioned by Ken. Let's hope that along with the improving delivery dates, that seem to be coming through, that lexus is at last starting to get on top of things.

• Like 2

Just booked mine in with Lexus Sheffield for XGG95 - they said another recall 'reprogramming the computer' will be done at the same time. They will come and pick up and car, leave me a courtesy car and return mine back once complete - excellent service!

Just to add to the general confusion - picked up my new NX450h with premium plus pack from the dealers on 1st June 23.  It’s the MY24 so should have all the latest versions so after a whole week:- 

total milage is incorrect - not all there

about 50% of trips are missing - most of those that do show are my trips back home, only 1 when I left home?
this is on both apps on Iphone , iPad and My Lexus on laptop

also my Lexus is mixed mpg/mph and kph. Shows speed etc in metric but shows top speed of 110mpg this should be 110kph (ie just under 70mph).

does get location correct most of the time- on 1 occasion my trip home showed the car a little bit out

have not tried the other bits ( temp, unlock)

The car itself is great !!!!!!, and am very pleased with it, so can put up with (what is to me) the nice to haves but not to bothered about bits on the app.

Having been with Lexus for a number of years I am disappointed with this and their apparent  inability to correct

• Like 1

I mainly agree, the car is great and the app is a nice to have up to the Battery charging functionality. I used it a lot to decide if I needed to charge it when the car was driven by my wife or when to take it off charge when I don’t want it up to 100%. Now that I cannot see the charge level it has become an annoyance. 

I do think that Battery management is a bit lacking and I try to manually keep mine around the 80% area, and as there is no limiter to the charge programme in the car I used to use the app, but now it is just guesswork 

34 minutes ago, SA1 said:

I mainly agree, the car is great and the app is a nice to have up to the battery charging functionality. I used it a lot to decide if I needed to charge it when the car was driven by my wife or when to take it off charge when I don’t want it up to 100%. Now that I cannot see the charge level it has become an annoyance. 

I do think that battery management is a bit lacking and I try to manually keep mine around the 80% area, and as there is no limiter to the charge programme in the car I used to use the app, but now it is just guesswork 

Sorry, I forgot to mention the Battery charger in my comments,    For me this is the bit on the app that does work, bit slow to refresh but gets there in the end.  I always (for the week I have had the car) charge to 100% the charge stops at this point ( the green light on the charge port goes out) and the app shows 100%

5 hours ago, HMT said:

Just to add to the general confusion - picked up my new NX450h with premium plus pack from the dealers on 1st June 23.  It’s the MY24 so should have all the latest versions so after a whole week:- 

total milage is incorrect - not all there

about 50% of trips are missing - most of those that do show are my trips back home, only 1 when I left home?
this is on both apps on iPhone , iPad and My Lexus on laptop

also my Lexus is mixed mpg/mph and kph. Shows speed etc in metric but shows top speed of 110mpg this should be 110kph (ie just under 70mph).

does get location correct most of the time- on 1 occasion my trip home showed the car a little bit out

have not tried the other bits ( temp, unlock)

The car itself is great !!!!!!, and am very pleased with it, so can put up with (what is to me) the nice to haves but not to bothered about bits on the app.

Having been with Lexus for a number of years I am disappointed with this and their apparent  inability to correct

Definitely strange gremlins in the software that some of you have 🤔

Surely there must be a common denominator with the ones that are having problems. Type of phone etc although if it’s the same when using the portal everything points to something in the software in the car. 

Honestly, our app works perfectly bar the odd missed journey which is just 1 in the last 3 weeks.

Sometimes it might be better when things don’t work…….

my wife used the car yesterday morning, I used it in the afternoon and when I checked last night all 4 trips had been recorded - the 1st “outward” trips from home recorded since Sunday.

However when I mentioned to my wife that she should not brake as hard going into roundabouts, and should be more gentle accelerating when the speed limit changed things got a bit frosty…….  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HMT said:

Sometimes it might be better when things don’t work…….

my wife used the car yesterday morning, I used it in the afternoon and when I checked last night all 4 trips had been recorded - the 1st “outward” trips from home recorded since Sunday.

However when I mentioned to my wife that she should not brake as hard going into roundabouts, and should be more gentle accelerating when the speed limit changed things got a bit frosty…….  

Brilliant invisible back seat driving.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links