Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Real MPG question

Morning all, 

im looking at an RX450h tomorrow, I’ve been in Lexus cars for about the last 20 years, sold my ISF a couple of months ago BUT miss the quality of the cars, I’ve opted for the 2013 MY RX as my only car, we’ve two dogs (kids off hand) but want a nice place to be for our twice yearly jaunts to Spain. Train for work but Norfolk n the lakes are often taken (family)……. What would be a realistic MPG for 1300 mile non stop journey? Did this in my ISF and got 35mpg, currently doing it in a V50 2.4i and get 34.8mpg, we don’t drive faster than the roads so normally sit around 70-80mph…….. most research is in US figures,

thank you 

Paul

On our jaunts down to Devon and Cornwall (OK not 1300 miles but a good 250 non-stop) in the RX450h we are seeing around 35mpg. As you, I tend to stick around the speed limits and the RX is superbly designed to just cruise along, stress free.

• Thanks 1

Our RX is the same iteration as yours (2014), during the winter we average 32 mpg in town (uphill cold starts) and 34/5 on long runs, in summer we're now getting 34 in town, and 36 on long runs.

I have to mention that I do drive with a light right foot -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've driven across France a couple of times in the last 18 months in my 2009 RX 450h, and at speed limit (70-75) got around 32-35 mpg. However, the last time I pottered along at around 60-65 and got 41 mpg. That tends to be my experience here too on motorway journeys. As it happens, the slower top speed doesn't seem to materially affect journey time, largely because it's easier to maintain. At a higher speed I find there's more slowing down behind other drivers, and then having to speed up again, which not only drops the average mph, but also burns more fuel at the higher speed and from the accelerating to get back up to speed.

I should point out that this is with E5 petrol, usually Esso which is zero ethanol. With E10 it tends to drops by around 3-5 mpg.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting around 31 on clear suburban roads but in winter about 28 local start stop driving.

Not yet taken it on a long motorway run but what I have on short runs is about 38

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links