Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Map updates

Hi, currently in NX300H 2021 model and have noticed our maps out of date!

Can anyone advice if I can update these for free and if so, how?

Thanks 

You should have 3yrs free updates with a new car, so basically you have approx 18 months left.

Download the multimedia handbook and all is detailed therein.

I'd recommend not using the OTA update as this can kill the speed camera alerts. Instead download to a USB instead.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

You should have 3yrs free updates with a new car, so basically you have approx 18 months left.

Download the multimedia handbook and all is detailed therein.

I'd recommend not using the OTA update as this can kill the speed camera alerts. Instead download to a USB instead.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you download to USB?
Also, what do I do with it once I have it on USB?

You just go through the process of purchasing and at the end it won't request your card details.,....for the first three years anyway.

If you've read Peter's instructions above the things to remember are to use a usb stick max 32 GB and allow plenty of time,both for the download from your pc and more so,the upload from your usb to the car..keep th ignition on.it could take up to an hour to upload.

• Thanks 1

I downloaded the updated maps to USB, formatted correctly. But when I put it in the USB slot, nothing happens.
Tried combinations of the extracted files in root folder, but nothing seems to make any difference.
Was expecting it to burst into life with an update process 🙂

Make sure the root of your USB drive has the folder structure MAPUPDATE\ALL.  Sometimes when you extract a zip file it is easy to get a nested folder structure e.g MAPUPDATE\MAPUPDATE\ALL.  Also I used a USB A drive rather than a USB C though wouldn't know if this would make a difference as far as the vehicle is concerned.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 105510.png

Well, popped along to the e-store. Can't download to USB, as apparently I have already "purchased this product" so that's that sorted!

Although I don't remember updating. 😂 

2 hours ago, bgb said:

Make sure the root of your USB drive has the folder structure MAPUPDATE\ALL.  Sometimes when you extract a zip file it is easy to get a nested folder structure e.g MAPUPDATE\MAPUPDATE\ALL.  Also I used a USB A drive rather than a USB C though wouldn't know if this would make a difference as far as the vehicle is concerned.

Screenshot 2023-05-26 105510.png

Yep, it's in the correct structure etc. Usb A as well. Stick it in, nothing happens. Quite frustrating. 

I've asked the dealer to do it before, but when it's in for the latest recall I'll give them the usb & the licence code to. Tell them to sort it 

14 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Sorry for saying something often before said: Lexus GPS is less quality than the free GPS you can have on smartphones.

True, I generally use Waze but it's annoying I can't actually update the inbuilt maps in case of any issues 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry to ask, but I'm running around in circles.
Logged into MyLexus, "purchased" the 2023 map update.

All I get is image.thumb.jpeg.7cdf0f82b789565b4e0b6d94c5a129ff.jpeg

And no further clue as to how to actually download it to my PC.

HELP!

It looks like you seem to be at the purchase stage rather than the purchased stage.  I just ran thru purchasing the map albeit for the NX 450h.  This was a zero cost option but still had to select vehicle > add to cart > complete billing info then took me to a purchased page as per screenshots.  Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2023-05-31 145758.png

Screenshot 2023-05-31 145926.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bgb said:

It looks like you seem to be at the purchase stage rather than the purchased stage.  I just ran thru purchasing the map albeit for the NX 450h.  This was a zero cost option but still had to select vehicle > add to cart > complete billing info then took me to a purchased page as per screenshots.  Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2023-05-31 145758.png

Screenshot 2023-05-31 145926.png

Ahh, I've seen where I went wrong. Found the download now.
Off to buy a USB-A stick, not had to use one in years!

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2023 at 1:07 PM, JayWales said:

Yep, it's in the correct structure etc. Usb A as well. Stick it in, nothing happens. Quite frustrating. 

I've asked the dealer to do it before, but when it's in for the latest recall I'll give them the usb & the licence code to. Tell them to sort it 

Jay,

I too will be asking Lexus Cardiff to look at this. From yesterday now FRF Motors not Marshall.

I've downloaded the zip flle (13.82gb) to my apple laptop, but the file will not copy to an empty 64gb pendrive (formatted FAT32) with the explanation  "too large for the volume's format".

Navigation manual was of little help. The web instruction page refers to a 16 digit activation code, I can only see a 22 digit code.

Clearly I have insufficient brain cells !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links