Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. 

I've been lusting after an ISF for the past 7 or so years and now find myself in the position to be able to buy. So far, I've seen the USB 2010 in Croydon and Silver 2008 in Fareham on Auto trader, in the metal, but both have had their issues. 

Ideally, I'd like a 2010 or younger in USB, but realistically I am open to all colours and ages, as condition and preventative maintenance (radiator and water pump etc.) is what I understand to be key. 

I'm definitely not looking for anything over 100k miles, imported or cat repaired. 

Is anyone here looking to sell? 

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Damien, but I believe that blue one is an import and I'm looking for a UK car specifically.

A red 2010 has just appeared on AT in Newhaven. No pictures and limited info, though. 

1 hour ago, Fforfun said:

Thanks Damien, but I believe that blue one is an import and I'm looking for a UK car specifically.

A red 2010 has just appeared on AT in Newhaven. No pictures and limited info, though. 

Mesa red is a fabulous colour, though I’m a tad biased.  I wouldn’t necessarily be put off by an import either, rather judge each car individually as there will be rough UK cars out there too

Appreciate that and I have owned imports in the past. It's just easier on the insurance side, I feel, to go with a UK car. Having already seen 2 UK cars with issues, I'm well aware that condition is the important thing.

To be honest, the car looks great in all colours and I am surprised Mesa red was the least popular. 

I've just bought a blue one myself that I'd seen through piston heads website. Really pleased with the car. 

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you will enjoy your car 🤞

• Like 1

Thank you and congratulations on the new car! 

I've found pistonheads to be a little sparse for ISFs, despite them running several articles on what a great buy they are over the years.

3 hours ago, Fforfun said:

Appreciate that and I have owned imports in the past. It's just easier on the insurance side, I feel, to go with a UK car. Having already seen 2 UK cars with issues, I'm well aware that condition is the important thing.

To be honest, the car looks great in all colours and I am surprised Mesa red was the least popular. 

I read ‘least popular’ as most exclusive!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fforfun said:

Thank you and congratulations on the new car! 

I've found pistonheads to be a little sparse for ISFs, despite them running several articles on what a great buy they are over the years.

Sorry that's what I meant. The one i got was an example they were mentioning in an article. 2012 model with 49000 miles and full lexus history.

Wow, a late model with low miles is the dream. Sounds a great example. 

Always makes me laugh at how polarised the comments section is when anything about the ISF is posted. You could almost play bingo with the responses. 

On 5/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, Fforfun said:

Hi all,

I've been lusting after an ISF for the past 7 or so years and now find myself in the position to be able to buy. So far, I've seen the USB 2010 in Croydon and Silver 2008 in Fareham on Auto trader, in the metal, but both have had their issues. 

Ideally, I'd like a 2010 or younger in USB, but realistically I am open to all colours and ages, as condition and preventative maintenance (radiator and water pump etc.) is what I understand to be key. 

I'm definitely not looking for anything over 100k miles, imported or cat repaired. 

Cheers,

Alex

Hi, I was considering going to look at the Croydon car as a replacement for my AMG. It’s local to me.

What were the issues you found?

We have an LS430 as the family bus which has been so good I can see me progressively moving all the cars over to Lexus.

cheers !

On 5/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, Fforfun said:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Alex

The problem you're going to have here is that your requirements are quite steep.  As cars get older they sell worse, and over time cars get written off, which in this case means that less than 50 cars in the country meet your age requirements.  You're also looking for a car that's done less than 10,000 miles a year, which narrows it down further.  Then you've got a conflicting requirement as hardly any cars will have required radiator replacement before 100k miles.

Not saying you aren't going to find a car with those requirements ofc just pointing out your options are going to be extremely limited.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ubersonic said:

The problem you're going to have here is that your requirements are quite steep.  As cars get older they sell worse, and over time cars get written off, which in this case means that less than 50 cars in the country meet your age requirements.  You're also looking for a car that's done less than 10,000 miles a year, which narrows it down further.  Then you've got a conflicting requirement as hardly any cars will have required radiator replacement before 100k miles.

Not saying you aren't going to find a car with those requirements ofc just pointing out your options are going to be extremely limited.

And to top it off the prices for a nice one keep inflating!!!

6 hours ago, ubersonic said:

I appreciate the thoughts and perhaps my requirements are a little steep, but I feel there's little to lose in aiming high and then finding compromise, if that proves fruitless. 

For comparison I am currently driving a 2006 350z with 80,000 miles on the clock. It's not in perfect condition, but quite a lot better than the cars I've seen to date. I'm of the thinking finding something in similar condition shouldn't be too difficult. 

Regarding the radiator, if it's something I have to do, so be it. 

9 hours ago, buccal said:

Hi, I was considering going to look at the Croydon car as a replacement for my AMG. It’s local to me.

What were the issues you found?

We have an LS430 as the family bus which has been so good I can see me progressively moving all the cars over to Lexus.

cheers !

I've sent you a private message with the details. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links