Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car now on it's way

Hi

I ordered a UX Takumi on 20/10/22 with an estimated delivery date of 30/9/23.

Through to 16/5/23 the "My Lexus Build Tracking" web page had the status as "Order in Progress".

Had an email on 16/5/23 saying "We're building your Lexus UX".

6/6/23 email: "Your Lexus is now complete".

Then, having asked for the name of the ship which is carrying my car, I can now track: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9327748 using: https://www.marinetraffic.com When I last checked a couple of days ago it was south of Taiwan on it's way to it's first port of call, Singapore. Not sure if it then has to call at another port but it's due to arrive at Portbury, Bristol on 13th July. Something to keep me amused for the next few weeks!!!

After Portbury a lot of Toyota and Lexus cars go to Derby (the Toyota factory) then on to the dealer. This can take another 2-3 weeks so guess I'll get mine end of July or early August.

I've ordered the Lexus front and rear dashcam option. Not sure whether these will be fitted at Derby or the dealer but I guess that could add a day or two to the timescales.

Thought this might be of interest to anyone wanting to monitor the status of a UX they've ordered.
  • Like 4

Hi Roger, I did the same, tracking my Takumi last june, quite interesting following its progress, from memory I don't think mine went up to Derby, it was only a few days after landing at Portbury that I heard from Lexus Bristol, a sones throw from Portbury of course, I had a front dashcam fitted so guess it was done at dealers.

Just steeling myself for the downside now as car tax renewal soon due, £560 for no other reason than list price, same engine and emissions as lower spec, a rip off.

Getting 54 mpg at moment.

Bill D.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bill Dawes said:

I don't think mine went up to Derby, it was only a few days after landing at Portbury that I heard from Lexus Bristol, a sones throw from Portbury of course, I had a front dashcam fitted so guess it was done at dealers.

Thanks for that info Bill. Would be good to get mine a week or two sooner. Are you happy with the dashcam and their fitting of it? I've never had a dashcam so will be interesting to have another gadget to play with!

Roger,

Delighted for you.

If you recall I chose to change to Toyota due to my Local Lexus Dealer's demeanour .

The Build was forecast  to be August 2023 but my chosen Spec matched a cancelled Order & was delivered in mid-February for March delivery.

My AWD Excel choice is now confirmed by Lexus with the launch of the LBX for 2024.

Dealer Dash Cam fitting is the best choice as they know how your Trim is attached etc.

Tel

56 minutes ago, Tel said:

My AWD Excel choice is now confirmed by Lexus with the launch of the LBX for 2024.

Dealer Dash Cam fitting is the best choice as they know how your Trim is attached etc.

A couple of friends have Yaris and one is a Cross - very impressive cars. It's going to be interesting to see the LBX. But based on the info that's been published I'm still happy with my UX choice. Hopefully the significant premium price will be rewarded by the same levels of reliability and customer service that I enjoyed previously with Lexus. My current Mercedes has been the most unreliable car I've had since the 1960s! Also the two nearest main dealers are arogant and far less knowledgeable than a local independent when it comes to diagnosing and fixing problems. However, the Mercedes breakdown service is excellent- it needs to be!!

Thanks for the point you make about dealer fitment of dashcams.

• Like 1

Roger,

I believe you have made the right choice but the spec of my UX was close to my NX & the cost difference was stark.

Had my Dealers attitude been better I definitely would have ordered the UX despite the cost.

Tel

I ordered my 250h Premium Plus on 23rd January, 2023. It arrived at the dealers (Lexus Ipswich) on 11th May but as I was out of the country I arranged to pick it up on 30th May. Despite delaying the collection I still had to return to the dealer on 1st June to have the front and rear DashCams fitted as they were on back order, as is the boot mat, which is still not available. They did a great job fitting the front and rear DashCams. Having chosen the cream interior I was worried about them marking it, but there were no issues at all. It may be worth checking that the dashcam will be with dealer before the car arrives to avoid extra delays.

Moving to a Lexus from previously having had two Toyota C-HRs the difference in the quality of finish is very noticeable. I loved the C-HRs but the various rattles from the dash etc. was very annoying. I have only done 284 miles in the Lexus but so far it is rattle free.  The car is very quiet, even with the Bridgestone run flat tyres, although some surfaces at speed do introduce some noise in the cabin. The sound system was one of my concerns prior to purchase but it has been a lot better than I expected, and more than acceptable for apple Music or DAB radio.

Hope you enjoy the car as much as I do.

3 hours ago, Forwhatitisworth said:

Having chosen the cream interior ...

is that seats and headliner? So difficult to find a vehicle with a white / light headliner second hand.

42 minutes ago, schroder said:

is that seats and headliner? So difficult to find a vehicle with a white / light headliner second hand.

I think the light coloured headlining only comes with cream seats. The black headlining isn't so oppressive if you have a sunroof although that does reduce the headroom a little. There are always compromises to contend with.

15 hours ago, Forwhatitisworth said:

I ordered my 250h Premium Plus on 23rd January, 2023. It arrived at the dealers (Lexus Ipswich) on 11th May but as I was out of the country I arranged to pick it up on 30th May. Despite delaying the collection I still had to return to the dealer on 1st June to have the front and rear DashCams fitted as they were on back order, as is the boot mat, which is still not available. They did a great job fitting the front and rear DashCams.

Hi Alan, You were lucky to get yours so quickly. I think there's something in the Takumi spec which causes longer delivery times. But as they say and which hopefully will prove to be true for me, all good things are waiting for!

Reassuring to know that they did a great job fitting your front and rear dashcams.

16 hours ago, schroder said:

It is the rich cream smooth leather option. Probably not the most practical choice but it does looks good. At 65 years old you I think you are allowed to make some questionable decisions 😉

IMG_5356.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

• Like 2

I do like the lighter interiors, Alan! I know they're more impractical but if you care for your cars as I do, there isn't really much of an issue. I've had black leather a few times in the past and to be honest, I grew bored of how sombre the interiors looked quite quickly. Unfortunately with those particular cars, they didn't come with an option for any other colour for the leather. Like in the words of Henry Ford, you could have had it in any colour as long as it was black!

I have a 2020 UX F-Sport which has the red leather option. It very much lightens up the interior, although being an F-Sport, it still has the dark headlining, which does make the cabin feel a little more 'enclosed' than what yours will feel with the lighter one. 

I currently have an NX Takumi on order which will come with the Hazel (tan) leather. 

• Like 1

Ordered mine in February 2022 and looks as though it’s on the same ship. Looks like Takumi’s were held to allow other models. It will be 18 months from ordering to delivery.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Drr said:

Ordered mine in February 2022 and looks as though it’s on the same ship. Looks like Takumi’s were held to allow other models. It will be 18 months from ordering to delivery.

You've had a long wait, even longer than my 9-10 months. Now on it's way from Singapore to As Suways Suez Port, Egypt due to arrive there at 21:00 on 23rd June.

20 hours ago, Drr said:

Ouch. That really is chronic. I do feel for you. I'm currently waiting on an NX Takumi which is currently due at the dealer in September to the best of my latest knowledge - at which point I'll be at the 15 month mark from ordering to point of collection. Obviously, this still remains 'subject to change' 😒

It does seem to be the case those with Takumis on order (regardless of what Lexus model it is) seem to be really suffering. As I've said elsewhere, I only hope the dealers do acknowledge/address this in some way but I have no faith they will.

I remember when I got my UX back in 2020... I took the showroom model because barring the colour, it was exactly the spec I wanted (the option packs, plus the red leather). If I wanted exactly the same thing but in my first choice of colour, I'd have had a 16 week wait or thereabouts. I didn't know just how bad the situation would be two years down the line when ordering it's replacement. 16 weeks is nothing now! 

• Like 1

Im still waiting for my UX F sport design only. Ordered last april then build was finished last May. Now it says it has left the factory but no movement since then. Probably expect it on either July or August. Or hopefully sooner

8 hours ago, nivlem said:

Now it says it has left the factory but no movement since then. Probably expect it on either July or August. Or hopefully sooner

In my case and based on my understanding of what others have said "Left the factory" usually means it's on board the ship. If you contact the dealer they should be able to get from Lexus both confirmation of this and the name of the ship your car is on. Mine is on: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9327748 and it's position can be checked on websites such as: https://www.marinetraffic.com

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, nivlem said:

Finally in transit now, how long does it take now for ready for collection? Hope soon. 

4-5 weeks at sea then 2-3 weeks from Portbury, Bristol to the dealer depending upon whether it goes direct or via Derby. Mine is due at Portbury on 13th July.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 5:40 PM, Roger Bill said:

4-5 weeks at sea then 2-3 weeks from Portbury, Bristol to the dealer depending upon whether it goes direct or via Derby. Mine is due at Portbury on 13th July.

Roger

Should be at Portbury now, ship arrived yesterday. Mine was on the same boat and app has been updated.

@Drr Hi David, thanks. I also got the update on the app saying that mine was on it's way to the dealer. Not sure whether it'll go direct or via Derby. The attached shows the ship in berth 4 conveniently located by the vehicle storage area and over the past few weeks I occasionally checked on the ship as it made it's way from Japan. Seems a long time ago since I ordered mine, even longer for you David. I wonder where we stand with regard to pricing of the new car and trade-in.

At Portbury.jpg

JourneyFromJapan.jpg

On 6/10/2023 at 8:16 AM, Roger Bill said:

Hi

I ordered a UX Takumi on 20/10/22 with an estimated delivery date of 30/9/23.

Through to 16/5/23 the "My Lexus Build Tracking" web page had the status as "Order in Progress".

Had an email on 16/5/23 saying "We're building your Lexus UX".

6/6/23 email: "Your Lexus is now complete".

Then, having asked for the name of the ship which is carrying my car, I can now track: https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9327748 using: https://www.marinetraffic.com When I last checked a couple of days ago it was south of Taiwan on it's way to it's first port of call, Singapore. Not sure if it then has to call at another port but it's due to arrive at Portbury, Bristol on 13th July. Something to keep me amused for the next few weeks!!!

After Portbury a lot of Toyota and Lexus cars go to Derby (the Toyota factory) then on to the dealer. This can take another 2-3 weeks so guess I'll get mine end of July or early August.

I've ordered the Lexus front and rear dashcam option. Not sure whether these will be fitted at Derby or the dealer but I guess that could add a day or two to the timescales.

Thought this might be of interest to anyone wanting to monitor the status of a UX they've ordered.

I have been assured that the original price quoted will be honoured. However, finance rates will increase. My message also said on it’s way to dealership, like you do not know the route.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links