Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Dear

Each to their own of course, but I really don't understand why people do this to their cars - especially those sorts of cars which were more expensive than average to begin with. I've seen things like this happen with multiple early IS's over the years and it's sad to see them look like, well, sheds. 

A Lexus is designed to be a 'comfortable, floaty' thing. It's not really designed for large alloys and practically zero suspension. 

It seems to be the sort of car which if I was good in front of a camera for the likes of YouTube, buy it, put it back to completely standard and then sell it on again. 

The ride is adjustable though, so you can see it at a normal height in one of the photos:

image.thumb.png.be019071d0b05dad056cb914dbe49c40.png

By all accounts, the air suspension it has fitted is quite soft and is configurable, so it isn't necessarily a bad thing to have it fitted.  It is just deemed unnecessary by most as there is nothing wrong with the standard setup.

Generally speaking it would be fine, but price makes absolutely no sense. 

Mods are subjective thing, but one thing for sure - they never add value to the car. Maybe some small, universally acceptable mods, but massive, oversized, shaite quality wheels, slammed suspension etc. always going to reduce the price, not to increase it. So all that said, the car of this age/mileage would be already £4000-5000, Cat-C is -40% if not more. so we are looking into £2000-3000 at absolute maximum. Then we need to look at bad mods - wheels -£500, because they are horrible and would implode just driving close to pot hole (he said it is Vossen, but I know from experience 99% of them are counterfeit and even when they are not Vossen is for style, not for quality). Air suspension if it works then adds no value, but I would not count on it... and if it doesn't then add set of normal shocks which is £1000. All lights must be restored (hopefully they are tinted with film) or replaced (I don't even understand how it is legal), GS headlights barely illuminates road already, so these tinted one at night must be horrible. 

So what we end-up with? £1000? £2000 at best if I am being generous and everything is in perfect condition. To be fair as soon as I read "show car" next to this I would not give £1 for description alone. 

And I am not against modifying cars, but not all cars could be modified and not all mods makes car look better. This would count as ruined. 

• Like 2

BUT....lurked next to a LS600h today in Seaford. To my mind the GS450h is a much better looking car. 600h looks bloaty and barge like and altogether too large.

Drug dealer car no longer for sale. Doubt new buyer will show his face here.

14 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

BUT....lurked next to a LS600h today in Seaford. To my mind the GS450h is a much better looking car. 600h looks bloaty and barge like and altogether too large.

I would not be surprised if he did and had million questions of how to fix things that shouldn't be broken in the first place. Although, I doubt anyone paid £4500 for it (at least I hope not). 

As for GS looks... that was my opinion comparing IS to GS, so I assume same can be said about GS to LS. The other problem is that UK roads and everything in general are tiny. I had LS in Bahrain and it felt normal, but in UK it probably feels like your trying to drive aircraft carrier trough the town, parking it as well must be an issue when all the places are 1.8x4.2m or less. As the story goes - in US Lexus are not even fitted with folding mirrors, because average US parking space is as wide as British spaces are long...

On 6/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Illogan said:

It's a reasonable second car for a young aspiring drug dealer

I suppose mine could be seen as an old experienced drug dealers car, wife sits in the back with the stash 😀

IMG_0526.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

I suppose mine could be seen as an old experienced drug dealers car, wife sits in the back with the stash 😀

IMG_0526.jpeg

It's a glorious beastie!

On 6/29/2023 at 8:23 PM, Mossypossy said:

I think he'd be too embarrassed to! I certainly know I wouldn't be able to show my face! 😄

On 6/30/2023 at 11:35 AM, steve2006 said:

Now, I don't actually mind that! It looks like it's on standard suspension but I'm willing to stand corrected on that if need be! Those alloys aren't oversized either and very much suit the car! A nice set of Pirellis on it to, it must be said! 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 11:35 AM, steve2006 said:

At my age you need lots of drugs to keep the old ticker going, not so sure selling them is a good idea, and strangely enough my missus keeps my 'stash' in order as i can be a bit 'forgetful'

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links