Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for an IS F

Hi all, 

I am looking to buy an IS F, preferably below 60k miles and in any colour other than black/dark grey. Would prefer a post 2010 car for the diff but I am not that  fussy. If any of you know any available or are looking to sell please let me know! 

Thanks!

Hi

I don't know how long you have been looking at the ISF market, its pretty unusual for there to be as many for sale as there are now, the market is (for these cars) almost saturated. I too put up a post like yours before I bought mine, unless you are pretty lucky to find someone just about to list, I doubt there will be too many more for sale soon.

The lsd came on all models from 2010 onwards, just make sure its definitely a 2010 build (2010 = left factory in late 2009 until late 2010) rather than a 08/09 on a 10' plate. Mine being a 2010 model was by chance and not something I was majorly bothered about, as I really am not sure how much difference it makes in the real world.

10 hours ago, EP80 said:

Hi

I don't know how long you have been looking at the ISF market, its pretty unusual for there to be as many for sale as there are now, the market is (for these cars) almost saturated. I too put up a post like yours before I bought mine, unless you are pretty lucky to find someone just about to list, I doubt there will be too many more for sale soon.

The lsd came on all models from 2010 onwards, just make sure its definitely a 2010 build (2010 = left factory in late 2009 until late 2010) rather than a 08/09 on a 10' plate. Mine being a 2010 model was by chance and not something I was majorly bothered about, as I really am not sure how much difference it makes in the real world.

I have only been looking for about a month, I considered one last year but went in a different direction. Think I made the wrong decision in the end.

2 hours ago, Fforfun said:

Welcome and good luck with the search. Have you been to see any of those listed, yet? 

Not yet was going to go see the low mile grey car near Newark but that is now sold. The only other car I would consider is the red higher mile car but it is on the south coast and not easy to get to for me.

Interesting to hear the Newark car has been sold, as they were asking top dollar for an early car, albeit with low miles. 

Re: the red car, I phoned the dealer a couple of weeks ago and was told a deposit had been put down on the car, unseen. Not sure what the situation is currently, but I was going to follow up next week, seeing as it's still listed.

10 minutes ago, Cactus said:

@Fforfun yes. I think the budget you have posted recently is in a very different ballpark to what i have in mind hence i didnt message you. Sorry.

Fair play. I figured 20-25k was probably where the market was right now for a 2010, given what I've seen, but if that's a very different ballpark to where you need to be, I wouldn't want to waste any time. 

3 minutes ago, Cactus said:

@Fforfunprecisely. From you have posted recently, budget up to 20k. 

Cool. Well, budgets can change, so if you'd like to share where you're at, I can at least park that as a possibility.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:04 AM, EP80 said:

Hi

I am not in a huge rush I have not yet sold my current car as it seeming quite difficult to shift for the money I want. What spec did you end up buying? 

On 7/17/2023 at 1:29 PM, BenH22 said:

I am not in a huge rush I have not yet sold my current car as it seeming quite difficult to shift for the money I want. What spec did you end up buying? 

I bought a 2010 which I imported, I prefer imports personally, we are all different etc. 

At £25k you should have your pic of UK cars, the main changes over the years was 2010 got the lsd and 2011 got some suspension changes & an arguably nicer dash cluster. I don't know if any 2012 (Sachs rather than Tokico suspension) model's sold in the UK.

22 hours ago, EP80 said:

I bought a 2010 which I imported, I prefer imports personally, we are all different etc. 

At £25k you should have your pic of UK cars, the main changes over the years was 2010 got the lsd and 2011 got some suspension changes & an arguably nicer dash cluster. I don't know if any 2012 (Sachs rather than Tokico suspension) model's sold in the UK.

I hope I will yeah, it's slim pickings at the moment even though there are 10 available cars on autotrader there are none that I would buy.

There were a few ISF's imported into the UK in 2012, and (to my surprise) even 2013 (but these are mega rare), per the car recently reviewed by Jayemm on YouTube, but I think the US got them through to 2014.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grey One said:

There were a few ISF's imported into the UK in 2012, and (to my surprise) even 2013 (but these are mega rare), per the car recently reviewed by Jayemm on YouTube, but I think the US got them through to 2014.

Per howmanyleft.co.uk there were 12 cars registered in 2013 and 11 in 2012 so yes rare beasts indeed!

On 7/15/2023 at 9:22 PM, Fforfun said:

Interesting to hear the Newark car has been sold, as they were asking top dollar for an early car, albeit with low miles. 

Re: the red car, I phoned the dealer a couple of weeks ago and was told a deposit had been put down on the car, unseen. Not sure what the situation is currently, but I was going to follow up next week, seeing as it's still listed.

Red car has now gone from auto trader, so I assume it went with that deposit 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links