Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jayemm ISF review

New vid on the ISF by Jayemm:

Looks like a mint 30k 2013 model.  But as a longtime owner the use of a standard exhaust is annoying, and why do almost all reviewers complain about the ‘cramped back seats’!!!??

We have two boys in their twenties and late teens and have never had any issues with the back seat space..

Anyway, good to see a review on a mainstream U.K.  car channel.

• Like 1

Good to see my old car is going well and even better to see it on JayEmm’s channel. If left me in 2019 with around 24k miles on it, so hasn’t done that much since if it’s still under 30k.

Re Jay’s review I agree with most of what he says; yes the rear is a little compact, but certainly not a deal breaker. I’m 6ft and with a long torso and I never felt the head room was lacking either. I don’t remember my head being anywhere near the roof actually.  But then maybe my seating position was a little more ‘relaxed’.

I still think these are great cars and still more interesting than the equivalent M3 or C63, unless you factor in the wagon version. I had hoped to eventually get a late RCF or LC500 and stay within the Lexus marque, sadly for one reason or another it hasn’t happened. Maybe the LC opportunity will raise its head again in the near future. I can’t explain it, but the draw to return to the Lexus brand doesn’t seem to go away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhoeNicks said:

Good to see my old car is going well and even better to see it on JayEmm’s channel. If left me in 2019 with around 24k miles on it, so hasn’t done that much since if it’s still under 30k.

Re Jay’s review I agree with most of what he says; yes the rear is a little compact, but certainly not a deal breaker. I’m 6ft and with a long torso and I never felt the head room was lacking either. I don’t remember my head being anywhere near the roof actually.  But then maybe my seating position was a little more ‘relaxed’.

I still think these are great cars and still more interesting than the equivalent M3 or C63, unless you factor in the wagon version. I had hoped to eventually get a late RCF or LC500 and stay within the Lexus marque, sadly for one reason or another it hasn’t happened. Maybe the LC opportunity will raise its head again in the near future. I can’t explain it, but the draw to return to the Lexus brand doesn’t seem to go away.

A lovely ISF Nick, a credit to you being the former keeper. 

I'm 6ft too and I dont see any problem with space in the back other than the rear footwell room for my size 11 feet - It is very small when the driver / passenger seat is all the way back, I can still get in with my feet sideways though then there's no problem turning them under the seat in front. In a different review someone described the car as a coupe with rear doors - this I agree with but only for the foot space issue...the only small issue that I have found by the way.

32 minutes ago, Neilo said:

A lovely ISF Nick, a credit to you being the former keeper. 

I'm 6ft too and I dont see any problem with space in the back other than the rear footwell room for my size 11 feet - It is very small when the driver / passenger seat is all the way back, I can still get in with my feet sideways though then there's no problem turning them under the seat in front. In a different review someone described the car as a coupe with rear doors - this I agree with but only for the foot space issue...the only small issue that I have found by the way.

I went to look at an ISF recently and managed to get in the back with my 6ft 6 mate comfortably in the driver's seat. I'm 6ft 2 and admittedly my knees were either side of the seat, but it really wasn't as bad as reviewers have made out. Completely useable. 

• Like 1

Thanks Neilo, the car was in decent condition when I got it, but was like new when it left.

That’s exactly why I don’t really understand reviews when they talk about leg room issues - it’s not legs but your feet that are the problem - I’m size 11 too 😄

As mentioned I also hope the video wakes a lot of people up to Lexus and the ISF (and F cars in general). They are so rare you almost never see them in the wild. All I knew about them before I bought mine, was from watching Clarkson review the ISF on TopGear 10 years previously. And that left a very lasting impression.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links