Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NX350h M.P.G

With only 19 miles on the clock I went out for a drive in my 2024 NX350h Takumi, almost 22 miles driven, mix of A roads, B roads, kept to speed limits 30/40/50/60. Totally amazed with the results as shown below.

60% of time in EV mode

50% of distance in EV mode

And fuel consumption of 56.1 mpg, surpassed my expectations for what is a heavy SUV on 20" run flats.

Outside temp was 20, using AC too.

One just wonders what to expect when it has been "run in".

Screenshot_20230715_171141_Lexus Link.jpg

• Like 1

There isn't much running in on modern engines so any improvement is normally related to the driver becoming use to the vehicle and getting the most out of the hybrid drivetrain. It's on the motorway where the your economy will suffer most with the NX, but it is certainly an improvement over the previous generation.

• Like 1

I have attached a photo of my average real world fuel consumption on my NX350 f sport. Most of my usage is local of about 3-15 miles. However on longer journeys the car has reported 64 mpg.  Far better than my previous NX. I not exactly light footed so very happy. Hope this helps

IMG_2481.png

Had mine since April last year and the average went up to 48.4 mpg, but over the winter it has gone down to 45.5 , but towing a trailer kills the readings. When towing the best obtained was 40 mpg and I have used the trailer a lot this year.

Most of my journeys now show over 50 mpg, but it takes a lot to recover from the poor journeys .

31 minutes ago, Eggie said:

I have attached a photo of my average real world fuel consumption on my NX350 f sport. Most of my usage is local of about 3-15 miles. However on longer journeys the car has reported 64 mpg.  Far better than my previous NX. I not exactly light footed so very happy. Hope this helps

IMG_2481.png

So 40 mpg in Feb to 50 mpg in July, a 25% increase, what would you mainly  put that down to?

Getting warmer?

Car settling in?

Your driving ?

Oh and 64 mpg on a longer drive is fantastic!

15 minutes ago, Husky125 said:

Had mine since April last year and the average went up to 48.4 mpg, but over the winter it has gone down to 45.5 , but towing a trailer kills the readings. When towing the best obtained was 40 mpg and I have used the trailer a lot this year.

Most of my journeys now show over 50 mpg, but it takes a lot to recover from the poor journeys .

Over 50 mpg now is very good since Lexus only quote around 44 to 47 for the AWD version.

Screenshot_20230715_191057_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

31 minutes ago, imgo said:

So 40 mpg in Feb to 50 mpg in July, a 25% increase, what would you mainly  put that down to?

Getting warmer?

Car settling in?

Your driving ?

Oh and 64 mpg on a longer drive is fantastic!

By February I had only done 867 miles. Like my last lexus it improved once over the 1000 miles mark. That along with possibly changing driving styles as I find the 350h livelier than the old nx

• Like 1

My contribution 🙂

Very similar to Tony’s @Eggie result, even the fuel price!

I’d say cold weather is the main factor, especially if you do a lot of short trips. In my experience the ecu constantly keeps the engine on to warm up but the problem with a short trip is that you spend the entire journey warming up the system, but misses out on the benefit of a warmed up hybrid system as you arrive at the destination. 

Oh it doesn’t like going up hill either, when I do the morning train station run in the winter, going slightly uphill it returns about 25mpg! With the return trip taken into account it’ll average at about 40mpg. 

That said I do regularly get 60+ mpg driving from central London to Richmond, about 15 miles. Especially in the mild weather we have now. 

Overall I’m very impressed with the 350h which regularly exceeds Lexus claim of 44-47mpg! Never had a car outperform the manufacturer’s claimed figure, let alone a 2 tonne suv. 

Cheers

Lok

IMG_3205.png

• Like 1

My first trip to work this morning,  Leicester to Birmingham,  54.2 MPG on A roads and Motorway,  very pleased.

What is that fuel used app that you have posted pics on here?

1 hour ago, imgo said:

My first trip to work this morning,  Leicester to Birmingham,  54.2 MPG on A roads and Motorway,  very pleased.

What is that fuel used app that you have posted pics on here?

ROAD TRIP MPG LITE. Its free in app store if apple but would think similar if android.

8 minutes ago, Eggie said:

ROAD TRIP MPG LITE. Its free in app store if apple but would think similar if android.

Many thanks, will have a look.

Using E5 fuel, I’m averaging 45.1mpg over the last three months. Mostly long journeys, with half being on motorways. On a long trip to Norfolk (from Sheffield) I did get 51mpg (no motorways).

I will use a few more tanks of E5, then will see what difference using E10 makes on similar journeys…

(20 inch run flats)

28 mile journey this morning, 61.2 mpg, and I wasn't trying to be careful on fuel.

I wonder if it is because mine is a MY24 with the improved driving prediction thingy ?

Screenshot_20230718_121858_Lexus Link.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links