Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Considering a used NX300h, pls advise

I’m a new driver.  As the budget is  tight, I’m considering a used NX300h from a Lexus Dealer.

its 2016 model with 40k mileage, would this be too much?

Any thing I should pay attention to during the car check/test drive?

thanks 

21 minutes ago, Kohkae said:

That's below average mileage for age, should be fine as long as the service history is up to date and you get a full warranty.  Check the tyres as if original they will be due for a change.

• Like 1

Buying from a Lexus dealer is certainly wise and should come with a comprehensive warranty. Agree that its certainly worth checking the service history to ensure its had annual maintenance. Continuing to get it serviced annually by the dealer also gives you warranty cover until the car is 10 years old.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Buying from a Lexus dealer is certainly wise and should come with a comprehensive warranty. Agree that its certainly worth checking the service history to ensure its had annual maintenance. Continuing to get it serviced annually by the dealer also gives you warranty cover until the car is 10 years old.

Spot on Ken, a very valid summary of good reasons to buy from a Lexus dealer. You will pay a premium for the purchase and the servicing but you will have peace of mind that you should not be landed with a huge repair bill if something goes wrong.

Advice - get an insurance quote before you buy.

• Like 3

I recently sold my 2016 NX. I had it for 6 years and it was a delight from day 1. Only issue I had was with door locks. Three failed on the doors and the boot jammed shut for two days. I kept the car for twice as long as I normally do so that speaks volumes. I was disappointed with the trade-in price (as usual). It had 42k miles on it and the best I could get was £17,000.

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

It had 42k miles on it and the best I could get was £17,000.

I sold my 2016 NX300 with 54411 on the clock to the dealer for £19000, which was just £1000 less than they offered a year before. They are selling it for £21,790. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

I sold my 2016 NX300 with 54411 on the clock to the dealer for £19000, which was just £1000 less than they offered a year before. They are selling it for £21,790. 

Good deal!

14 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

It seems a nice price.

May I ask, how do you feel with you 2016 NX, was it still running well?  Which new car have you got, if you don’t mind to share, thanks

14 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

I found 2 2016 NX selling by dealers at around 22k - 24k, with different mileages and interior settings

in Spain the NX was a bestseller, and there are a lot of options on the market. Ive purchased the 2019 model with 130K KM for 26.000Euros. Bought it 2 month ago. Nice car.

What i lack, is DIY tutorials, OBD config, accesories..etc. It seems like Lexus owners are a differente breed 🙂.

1 hour ago, c0sty said:

in Spain the NX was a bestseller, and there are a lot of options on the market. Ive purchased the 2019 model with 130K KM for 26.000Euros. Bought it 2 month ago. Nice car.

What i lack, is DIY tutorials, OBD config, accesories..etc. It seems like Lexus owners are a differente breed 🙂.

It’s a really nice price, just I can’t find that price in the UK😅

On 8/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, Kohkae said:

I’m a new driver.  As the budget is  tight, I’m considering a used NX300h from a Lexus Dealer.

thanks 

I bought a September 2020reg I wanted sonic titanium with Rose interior paid £34430 including having front and rear anti scam cameras fitted also I wanted to have the ten year warranty so have seven years left paid a high price but we love it’s stunning looks. We have had it about three weeks now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpy70 said:

I bought a September 2020reg I wanted sonic titanium with Rose interior paid £34430 including having front and rear anti scam cameras fitted also I wanted to have the ten year warranty so have seven years left paid a high price but we love it’s stunning looks. We have had it about three weeks now.

Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more than market price to get what you really want.  It can be hard to find a Lexus with the colour and trim you want being that there are comparatively few of the marque compared to other makes.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, Kohkae said:

thanks 

40k, that's very good low miles for an NX, they are very good cars. I am only on 3 months, so can't comment much, but so far I am enjoying it. However, based on my experience, please purchase from a Lexus dealer, check the service history, and check the overall tire condition and brakes.

I am driving it in Normal mode and not eco, noticed more MPG in Normal mode than Eco.

All the best.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had one for 3 years. I'd come from an RX400h so the 4 cyclinder engine seemed noisy and a bit feeble but apart from that it was a lovely car and had no issues with it in the time I owned it. I wouldn't worry about 40k mileage at all. Lexus cars are very robust and seem to be well looked after, at least the four I bought second-hand had been.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links