Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav questions

Hi all  just wondered if anyone could help with four questions re the sat nav system in the new UX250h Takumi I've just got:

1. Is there a way of increasing the volume of the speed camera alert?
  2. Is there any means of improving the recognition of speed limit signs? My previous car wasn't perfect but it did pick up quite a few more sign.
  3. In the UK do we get the option to send destinations to the car from either Lexus App or the Lexus owners portal website? Also can the app or website show the 12 volt Battery charge?
  4. Finally is it possible to get alerts for text messages but not emails on the multimedia system?

These are only very minor niggles in a car I'm otherwise very pleased with.

Many thanks, Roger

Hi Roger,

1. Unfortunately not

2. This it doubtful. I find it works fine on regular signs but not on smart motorway electronic signs, particularly when going back to national speed limit. For some vehicles there was an ECU update for this which stopped the system recognising speed limits from the signs on the back of trucks. Perhaps ask your dealer if an update exists for your car.  But in any case this system is not perfect.

3. You have the MM19 I think so yes - you should be able to send destinations to the car and see 12V Battery status.

4. In my car only text messages work - emails don't.

Paul

15 hours ago, ALAW said:

I always use Android Auto Google maps gives live updates works for me very well.

Hi, obviously it depends on the length of the journey but is this 'data hungry?'

15 hours ago, schroder said:

Hi, obviously it depends on the length of the journey but is this 'data hungry?'

No, next to nothing in terms of current data allowances.   

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 3:38 PM, schroder said:

Nope hardly takes any data

• Like 1

Thanks all, especially @PDM and @ColinBarber I've emailed my Lexus dealer to see if they can help with the outstanding questions and with a couple of other points. Also thought by noting the point about the volume of the speed camera alert Lexus might address the issue in a software update.

@ALAW If Android Auto was wireless like apple Carplay I'd be tempted to try it but at present I'm enjoying the convenience of wireless charging 😊😊 I know there's a wireless Android Auto gadget you can buy to plug into the USB port but I use that port for a memory stick containing a load of music.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, Roger Bill said:

Hi all  just wondered if anyone could help with four questions re the sat nav system in the new UX250h Takumi I've just got:

1. Is there a way of increasing the volume of the speed camera alert?
  2. Is there any means of improving the recognition of speed limit signs? My previous car wasn't perfect but it did pick up quite a few more sign.
  3. In the UK do we get the option to send destinations to the car from either Lexus App or the Lexus owners portal website? Also can the app or website show the 12 volt battery charge?
  4. Finally is it possible to get alerts for text messages but not emails on the multimedia system?

These are only very minor niggles in a car I'm otherwise very pleased with.

Many thanks, Roger

Just heard from the Lexus dealer:

• Destinations can no longer be sent to the car with the introduction of Lexus Link Pro – as the navigation is much better and easier to operate on the touchscreen, and you have apple CarPlay, that feature has been deemed unnecessary and therefore removed.
  • Regarding the units of measurement, we have noticed that this is the case with our demonstrators but no way of changing it, so we have raised this with Lexus and will let you know what their response is.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

• Destinations can no longer be sent to the car with the introduction of Lexus Link Pro – as the navigation is much better and easier to operate on the touchscreen, and you have Apple CarPlay, that feature has been deemed unnecessary and therefore removed.
  • Regarding the units of measurement, we have noticed that this is the case with our demonstrators but no way of changing it, so we have raised this with Lexus and will let you know what their response is.

Roger, that's interesting on point 1. I have read on here somewhere that this is a feature they are going to introduce on Lexus Link Pro - i.e. it wasn't ready at launch but will be introduced later on.  Perhaps this is no longer the case now?

Paul

36 minutes ago, PDM said:

Roger, that's interesting on point 1. I have read on here somewhere that this is a feature they are going to introduce on Lexus Link Pro - i.e. it wasn't ready at launch but will be introduced later on.  Perhaps this is no longer the case now?

Paul

Interesting thanks Paul. All the issues I've had so far are all very minor so I'm still very happy with my choice of car.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting answers.    I have been trying to find a way to communicate with the Nav system.    I do find that the voice command system works quite well and do ask for destinations that appear quite quickly.  Not sure what real benefit Lexus app really gives.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 6:02 PM, MrB said:

Interesting answers.    I have been trying to find a way to communicate with the Nav system.    I do find that the voice command system works quite well and do ask for destinations that appear quite quickly.  Not sure what real benefit Lexus app really gives.

I too use the voice command system (works really well).  If I use the app to open the car doors then I find I have touch the starter button with the car key.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, Roger Bill said:

• Destinations can no longer be sent to the car with the introduction of Lexus Link Pro – as the navigation is much better and easier to operate on the touchscreen, and you have Apple CarPlay, that feature has been deemed unnecessary and therefore removed.

Just as a side note, I prefer to use Waze over either Apple/Google maps or any in-built satnav. You can save journey, either from the phone or even from a PC. With apple Carplay/Android Auto they'll then appear when you set off. Unfortunately, I've never seen an in-built satnav that is better than one of the main online systems. Now that both apple and Google Maps support offline maps, this at least allows you to use them, even in poor data areas.

26 minutes ago, Martin Bailey said:

Just as a side note, I prefer to use Waze over either Apple/Google maps or any in-built satnav. You can save journey, either from the phone or even from a PC. With Apple Carplay/Android Auto they'll then appear when you set off. Unfortunately, I've never seen an in-built satnav that is better than one of the main online systems. Now that both Apple and Google Maps support offline maps, this at least allows you to use them, even in poor data areas.

Have discovered that destinations and route plan can be created on phone using the free NaviBridge app and sent to the car via Bluetooth. Works well and the app integrates well with Google maps on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody asked if turn by turn in the HUD works in connection with apple Maps.  It does - perfectly and the graphics are crystal clear.  It shows the road you are on, the road you need to join and then the graphics are really nice.  They show the distance then as you approach close they flash (but not distracting) and then they animate as you join the junction (become sequential).  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links