Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking the plunge in to EV

On 8/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, ivancrx said:

I know very little about electric vehicles and am unsure if it is time to get into them yet or wait a little longer?

I know you can't keep up with technology, what ever you buy in 3 months its out of date, but i think Battery technology it at its very early stage, at the moment i am comparing it to betamax and vhs, Toyota have already produced a new solid state Battery which the claim will nearly double the electric range, 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wendle said:

I know you can't keep up with technology, what ever you buy in 3 months its out of date, but i think battery technology it at its very early stage, at the moment i am comparing it to betamax and vhs, Toyota have already produced a new solid state battery which the claim will nearly double the electric range, 

I agree with you, but as well what I think is best example of it being early technology is that they keep bragging about range... which frankly speaking is irrelevant. Rather than focusing on much more important charging time. So I think analogy to the previous technology is very timely - at first they are trying to increase capacity without considering how big the damn thing is or how long it will take to charge, next steps will be to reduce the size and to make it faster, but we are not there yet, companies are not even talking about it yet, because they haven't even got past the first hurdle. 

On 9/12/2023 at 8:56 PM, Ken R said:

Lexus Edinburgh have a delivery mileage 23 plate RZ450e Takumi in black for £62995. Bargain.

There is a cheaper delivery mileage 23 plate RZ450e Takumi in black in Twickenham, £61950

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

Still overpriced IMO. 

Blimey...!!! By the end of the year you will be able to buy a low mileage Takumi for 50 grand...??? Or am I being stupid...? Being an ex LS400, LS430, SC430 and LC500 Coupe and Convertible owner. I find many of the posts about the RZ extraordinary...

RZ_Aug_22.pdf

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

Blimey...!!! By the end of the year you will be able to buy a low mileage Takumi for 50 grand...??? Or am I being stupid...? Being an ex LS400, LS430, SC430 and LC500 Coupe and Convertible owner. I find many of the posts about the RZ extraordinary...

RZ_Aug_22.pdf 1.19 MB · 1 download

You should have bought one and then you would know why!!. Honestly, worst decision I ever made but we all live by our mistakes. The residuals on these will drop like a stone. Sad but true

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

You should have bought one and then you would know why!!. Honestly, worst decision I ever made but we all live by our mistakes. The residuals on these will drop like a stone. Sad but true

I would have bought one John. My main car is now a VW Caddy WAV. My boss (as you have called your good lady!) Unfortunately can only go out in our VW Caddy… If Lexus did a WAV. I would have bought one… Yes we all live by our mistakes. My biggest one was learning to fly a helicopter and buying one… You cant turn the clock back…!

5 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Lexus RZ 450e

71.4kWh Takumi Auto 4WD 5dr

2023 (23 reg)

2,850 miles

£58,880

image.thumb.png.b3d7406e0e885569386f5414cc5708e8.png

I assume that is from Lexus Woodford?

£15,120 depreciation in 5 months or less?  Damn!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Shahpor said:

image.thumb.png.b3d7406e0e885569386f5414cc5708e8.png

I assume that is from Lexus Woodford?

£15,120 depreciation in 5 months or less?  Damn!

yeah, considering this ad photo, this is no surprising

spacer.png

Fully charged, 174 miles predicted range.

The new Peugeot e 3008 claims 425 miles.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

yeah, considering this ad photo, this is no surprising

spacer.png

Fully charged, 174 miles predicted range.

The new Peugeot e 3008 claims 425 miles.

Charged mine this morning to 100% and was showing 196 miles predicted range. Still rubbish of course.

17 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Lexus RZ 450e

2023 (23 reg)

2,850 miles

£58,880

If you just change the position of the figures then I would buy one:

Lexus RZ 450e

2023 (23 reg)

58,880 miles

£2,850

Sorry - only kidding!😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

Don't rub it in !! Idiots like me have been truly shafted by Lexus.

11 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Interestingly though they are using a residual of 52% after 3 years but only 18,000 miles. 

Those accountants eh ! .  all their accumulative brain power and none of 'em going to get those figures right with unknowing imports, changing technology AND an unrealistic 6k miles a year ........ 52% after 3 years seems amazingly low for a fast depreciating asset in these technological fast changing times

Malc

• Like 1

First in on new tech always take the 'bath' for the rest of us who know how this stuff works. Everything from DVD, Microwave, to Mobile phones and so on. Electric cars are just the latest in a long line of such advances.

Indeed, even beyond that with higher interest rates the NPV of all assets is impacted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/finance/finance-calculator

Lexus now offers RZ with 0 deposit and 0% APR

and the likely factor of  66% capital depreciation over 3 years on the £74k cost   ???       of  £ 48,840   ............  ( that's 3 years at 10k miles pa )

Woweeeeee, an absolute gift at that tiny cost 🤣

Malc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Adams said:

It's so painful I've now taken to drink. Lexus have a lot to answer for!

Any brand new car one buys will offer pain-a-plenty BUT only if you let it worry you ....  just put it all behind you and think you have a wonderful car for many many years ahead and never think about the on-going costs and depreciation ........

my example above shows a silly figure of only about £1350 a month depreciation ....  don't fret about any of it .  no car's worth it !

Malc

15 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Any brand new car one buys will offer pain-a-plenty BUT only if you let it worry you ....  just put it all behind you and think you have a wonderful car for many many years ahead and never think about the on-going costs and depreciation ........

my example above shows a silly figure of only about £1350 a month depreciation ....  don't fret about any of it .  no car's worth it !

Malc

This is my 10th brand new Lexus and the 9 before it were brilliant.  Believe me, this one is the worst one I have owned for many reasons and as for owing it for many years there is no chance. I feel let down by Lexus and I will not be buying no 11.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links