Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking the plunge in to EV

2 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Just had a look at this video, according to them, this is the perfect Lexus...

I already don't trust the matching beards and paste on smiles. Don't tell me, they got thrown out of being boy scout leaders.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I already don't trust the matching beards and paste on smiles. Don't tell me, they got thrown out of being boy scout leaders.

Well, they love Lexus, they almost cried when they managed to drive an LFA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Well, they love Lexus, they almost cried when they managed to drive an LFA

Then let's keep them out of the SC 430 otherwise Noah will need to build another Ark.

7 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Just had a look at this video, according to them, this is the perfect Lexus...

Perhaps without the German car tax as it's starting price certainly isn't like a Lexus!

image.thumb.png.bea68920c9e44c09571195804ca78f19.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another brilliant video from Savageese. Its about the Ford Mustang E but could as well be about the Lexus RZ. In my view it clearly shows the problems the traditional car manufacturers have compared to the new brands that do EV only. Well worth a look.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

12 hours ago, talaipwros said:

should I offer 45K and see what happens?

Or buy a brand new Tesla 3 for £39,990 with a range of 318 miles, 0-60 in 5.8 sec and access to the Tesla supercharger network.

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

There is a big difference in the interior quality  - and overall quality - though

There is a big difference with the interior quality and the Lexus. But this pales into insignificance when you consider  the usability of the Tesla compared with the RZ. The RZ is poor not only the range but the software which is rubbish. A much cheaper MG has far better software and range than the Lexus. The premium cars which Lexus should compete with are miles better. Lexus have messed up big time with this car and long time Lexus owners like me have been shafted big time.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, John Adams said:

There is a big difference with the interior quality and the Lexus. But this pales into insignificance when you consider  the usability of the Tesla compared with the RZ. The RZ is poor not only the range but the software which is rubbish. A much cheaper MG has far better software and range than the Lexus. The premium cars which Lexus should compete with are miles better. Lexus have messed up big time with this car and long time Lexus owners like me have been shafted big time.

that's interesting as I thought software was the same as the one in the new RX and NX.

Can you please be more specific?

48 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

that's interesting as I thought software was the same as the one in the new RX and NX.

Can you please be more specific?

Can I be more specific? Where do I start. Firstly when you are charging the RX doesn't show you the % state of charge which is infuriating when I charge at at home. The NX 450+ I had showed you the state of charge in the app. The RZ does not because it takes about 2 hours to update. Every other ev gives you basic information such as how much the ac consumes or how much regen you have generated. The RZ does not. In all other cars if you put a destination in the satnav that is greater than the range it recommends charging stops. Guess what, the RZ doesn't. The software the BZ4 had to address some the issues was done months ago but the Lexus updates is some months away. That's just the software and I haven't mentioned all the other problems affecting the car. I could go on but the bottom line is that the dealer and Lexus CS couldn't care less. It's so infuriating when you spend so much money on a Lexus. If I really told you what I thought about this car I would be banned from the forum. So let's leave it there.

• Sad 5

On 11/12/2023 at 1:15 PM, John Adams said:

Can I be more specific? Where do I start. Firstly when you are charging the RX doesn't show you the % state of charge which is infuriating when I charge at at home. The NX 450+ I had showed you the state of charge in the app. The RZ does not because it takes about 2 hours to update. Every other ev gives you basic information such as how much the ac consumes or how much regen you have generated. The RZ does not. In all other cars if you put a destination in the satnav that is greater than the range it recommends charging stops. Guess what, the RZ doesn't. The software the BZ4 had to address some the issues was done months ago but the Lexus updates is some months away. That's just the software and I haven't mentioned all the other problems affecting the car. I could go on but the bottom line is that the dealer and Lexus CS couldn't care less. It's so infuriating when you spend so much money on a Lexus. If I really told you what I thought about this car I would be banned from the forum. So let's leave it there.

John, I am truly shocked to read your post. I never thought I would read a post like yours, about any Lexus car… I will also be careful what I write… I was very lucky to ask for my £5,000 back in December 2022. I asked for it back because of personal reasons… I thought the new RZ would be another great Lexus. 

I think that all owners of the new RZ have been shafted by Lexus and their Lexus dealers. To see that there are 58 RZ’s on Autotrader is astonishing. It is difficult to read some of the many posts on the Forum about the RZ. 

The two LS 400’s that I had were the best cars I have ever had, and I have had several cars… The two LC 500’s were also great cars… 

My son when he was home, would always clean my LS 400’s because I would regularly drive them down into my quarries, and they were very dirty…!

LS 400.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

John, I am truly shocked to read your post. I never thought I would read a post like yours, about any Lexus car… I will also be careful what I write… I was very lucky to ask for my £5,000 back in December 2022. I asked for it back because of personal reasons… I thought the new RZ would be another great Lexus. 

I think that all owners of the new RZ have been shafted by Lexus and their Lexus dealers. To see that there are 58 RZ’s on Autotrader is astonishing. It is difficult to read some of the many posts on the Forum about the RZ. 

The two LS 400’s that I had were the best cars I have ever had, and I have had several cars… The two LC 500’s were also great cars… 

My son when he was home, would always clean my LS 400’s because I would regularly drive them down into my quarries, and they were very dirty…!

LS 400.jpeg

Kevin. You are not as shocked as me to have to write what I do.   As a long term lover of Lexus cars I should not have to write such negative comments. The sad thing is I have never complained about any Lexus before and if they won't listen to people like me it proves they don't care. There will be no more Lexus cars for me when I eventually get rid of this and they have lost my business for good. I doubt it will concern them.

• Sad 2

Lexus lost the plot when they moved " up " from the Ls400  ...... don't create and moan about the EVs just go buy yourselves another Ls400 maybe and ENJOY 😉

Malc

• Like 1

With all respect but the LS beeing the first Lexus and the current RZ cannot be compared other than having thesame badge.

The original LS had to establish the brand in the states and Toyota used 60 designers, 1400 engineers in 24 teams, 2300 technicians and over 200 support staff to develop the original LS400. All at an estimated cost of 1 Billion USD. How many LS400 were built? Well 165.000. Do the maths. It is likely to be one of the most over engineered cars of all time.

No surprise this is not sustainable so Lexus cars in my opinion over the years have become more and more Toyota with lipstick just as Audi to VW. The RZ will not sell much and is not meant to do so. It more seems to be an in between car as Toyota completely missed the BEV market and just needed to bring something out fast until they will be able to offer full BEV in some years time. They have just started development of the first ground up electric platform..

The perception of Lexus seems to change with the general public. They seem to continue bringing out cars that are not competitive enough in todays market. RZ with polarized styling and mediocre tech. All fine but not for the pricepoint. Same issue with the new LBX. Too expensive for the product and no BEV available. It is just not going to work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

The perception of Lexus seems to change with the general public. They seem to continue bringing out cars that are not competitive enough in todays market. RZ with polarized styling and mediocre tech. All fine but not for the pricepoint. Same issue with the new LBX. Too expensive for the product and no BEV available. It is just not going to work.

True, except for the new NX and, to a lesser degree, RX. NX has won awards and is what brought me to the brand, and considering it was their first plug in hybrid they did a great job. I’ve always liked Toyota and Lexus cars, but the interiors and infotainment were not to taste. The new NX is the first model I could seriously consider, and was an easy pick over alternative Audi, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, and Mercedes options.

When my partner passed their driving test - automatic only - we were looking for a small automatic car as a “first car” (despite them being used to driving my Audi A4, and now NX). After days of going around countless dealerships and brands, the (current shape & model) Toyota Yaris was head and shoulders above other options. So we’ve gone from a household of Audi to having a Lexus and Toyota. That would suggest they are doing something right!

I agree RZ and LBX are not good options (I’ve posted elsewhere that the LBX is simply too expensive), but the NX accounts for 1 in 3 Lexus cars sold in UK, with UX not far behind (or ahead if you combine hybrid & Bev models). I think far more important that Lexus get the UX right, as it’s now a bit dated, rather than (currently) niche models at the top and bottom of the range.

• Like 3

We swapped the wife’s Honda Jazz for a new Yaris (was a straight swap as the Honda had the same residual as paid for 2 years before). The Yaris is a top of the range and cost £ 21k. The Takumi LBX is £ 40k - spec wise not that much higher so double the price for better materials and build - I just don’t see it. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

We swapped the wife’s Honda Jazz for a new Yaris (was a straight swap as the Honda had the same residual as paid for 2 years before). The Yaris is a top of the range and cost £ 21k. The Takumi LBX is £ 40k - spec wise not that much higher so double the price for better materials and build - I just don’t see it. 

Be interested to know how you get on with that Yaris. Think my daughter would like to trade up to that from her Aygo.

Shocking depreciation. A £57k car worth £21k after 2 years.  
Just shows how poor the market for EVs is at present. 
Makes you wonder if you are better handing the car back at the end of the PCP if the GFV is more than the car is worth trade in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Be interested to know how you get on with that Yaris. Think my daughter would like to trade up to that from her Aygo.

We swapped from the Jazz to the Yaris as the ‘driving aids’ in Jazz were ridiculous, even on the lowest setting. The Lane control was downright dangerous in say a lane where you moved over to avoid something the car forced you back. It was a right palaver having to turn them off every time. 
My wife really likes the Yaris and thinks it is one of the best cars she has had, recent ones being the Jazz, Polo, Fiat 500, Polo. As you can see, she will only drive small cars. If you are going with the Yaris, if you can, get one with a pano roof - it makes a massive difference. 

• Thanks 1

"There's one born every minute. "  Quote -  PT Barnum I believe.  Show me the Egress.

Should have bought a Subaru Impreza  2.0 forged crank WRX STi  for £7K worth £25K plus now.

Subaru Impreza

2.0T WRX STi Litchfield Type 20 Hatchback 5dr Petrol Manual 4WD (400 ps)

2009 (09 reg)

£28,995

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links