Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Link + app released 18th Aug

On 9/9/2023 at 8:25 AM, Ken R said:

Have now had to reinstall the app 7 times! It doesn't recognise the car after each recharge and its missing journeys. Wish I had stayed with the original version!!

Have just returned from the first service on my NX450h+

Asked about the 'new' Lexus Link + app [still using the old one].........was advised to wait for maybe 6/8 weeks as they [Lexus ] are having teething issues in relation to the recognition of all the different models.

So........will wait a little longer before making the leap !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I reported 2 issues to Lexus on their contact us page of the app.

1 a technical issue that when I try to check the progress of charging on my iPad I always get an error message.  It works ok on the Iphone ok. Other than the auto acknowledgement email , nothing 

2 that only the last months trips were available to view (rolling month) , their 1st reply told me where to look ie on the page that I had told them was the problem. Their second reply told me support team had checked their database and all trip were there, they then asked for specific missing trip#. So after several emails back and forth got the following this morning

Thank you for your patience while we was investigating your issue. Our support team have come back with resolve for not showing more than 30 days trip data.

For OneApp, we only show 30 days of trip data to the customer as per the business flow. So please let the user know the same. Note: A new version of OneApp will be available in October. This upgrade will show customers one year of journey data. No confirm date in October for roll out of upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Something seems to change every night. Features added or removed. 
very definitely work in progress.

I wish they would just give us the USA version.

so much more available there, such as

start and drive without any key,  (great to just use cellphone if you only have one key)

park and unpark ( very useful for tight spaces where difficult to enter/exit car)

• Like 4

Previously used the old lexus app which worked fine ..However when i downloaded the new app it says ALL SET UP but thats all i seem to get Cannot progress any further.. Have i done something wrong Any body know how i can fix this..It was working ok until i downloaded the new lexus+ app

Just now, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Previously used the old lexus app which worked fine ..However when i downloaded the new app it says ALL SET UP but thats all i seem to get Cannot progress any further.. Have i done something wrong Any body know how i can fix this..It was working ok until i downloaded the new lexus+ app

on apple i phone 12

On 9/18/2023 at 5:05 PM, Ken R said:

The app doesn't recognise the car following a recharge and hence the need to start from the beginning each time. Very annoying!

Have you tried deactivating smart services then reactivate?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillSt said:

I picked up my 450h+ Takumi at the end of August. 

IMG_6510.jpeg

Very strange,  I picked up my NX350h Takumi 14th July and Remote Park works fine.

Is it possible that my car is a MY24 and yours is not?

4 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Assume you are saying the “old” app is says All set Up and that is it - if so that is how Lexus have done it. Once you sign up to the new + app the old app no longer works and they have also removed some info from the MyLexus portal.

if you are talking about the new app then suggest you delete, reinstall, add the car and then go thro the setup of the interactive settings

5 minutes ago, HMT said:

Assume you are saying the “old” app is says All set Up and that is it - if so that is how Lexus have done it. Once you sign up to the new + app the old app no longer works and they have also removed some info from the MyLexus portal.

if you are talking about the new app then suggest you delete, reinstall, add the car and then go thro the setup of the interactive settings

Phoned Toyota they say a new patch which is Geared to my model and year will be released next month to enable the new lexus link+ app to work.. Have re-instated old app for now and it seems to be working ok  Thanks

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Phoned Toyota they say a new patch which is Geared to my model and year will be released next month to enable the new lexus link+ app to work.. Have re-instated old app for now and it seems to be working ok  Thanks

It seems as discussed ages ago at present the new App is for newer models than 20/21.

So, given the seemingly mixed responses here regarding the ability to lock/unlock the NX using the app if the vehicle has been locked with th fob, I raised this issue with Lexus, response is below.  If anybody's experience is defo in contradiction to this, let me know.

Screenshot2023-09-21190334.thumb.png.bf63eff1f572edff367ede14ce444e9e.png

Oh, and for good measure, they then decided to reset the account and remove the Car from the app

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the new version of the Link+ App which was fine until a couple of days ago. It now says all the doors are unlocked - which they're not. If I refresh the screen it then confirms they're all locked - apart from the Rear Hatch - but it is!

Anyone else having this issue?

I have this new app (Android) and have watched some tutorials.

Allegedly you can plan a GPS route and then "send to car" but this doesn't work for me!

Has anyone got it working?

10 minutes ago, Togsie said:

I have this new app (Android) and have watched some tutorials.

Allegedly you can plan a GPS route and then "send to car" but this doesn't work for me!

Has anyone got it working?

I've never been able to getting this working or in fact figure out how it does. All the videos I've seen are from the US so maybe it's not implemented here yet?

7 hours ago, CGJ said:

I've been using the new version of the Link+ App which was fine until a couple of days ago. It now says all the doors are unlocked - which they're not. If I refresh the screen it then confirms they're all locked - apart from the Rear Hatch - but it is!

Yes it happened to me some weeks ago but seems to have resolved itself now.

9 hours ago, CGJ said:

Yes, I had it as well, on and off. 
I suspect the problem is not in the app itself, but with either server or car to server communication. If you check the time stamp on when the info is updated it would be in the past when you actually had the car unlocked. The app is not provided with the latest data for whatever reason. 

On 10/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, CGJ said:

I have had this on several occasions. Lately I do not get all my journeys either, it used to be fine till recently. Also, I don't always get the car fully charged in the morning according to the App, although I know it has fully charged. This morning, the App places the car 3 miles from home when I can see it parked in front of the house.

I would say at the moment the Link+ App is work in progress and is quite messed up.

Has anyone tried to get the car on the house WiFi so when parked near the house it could reach the cloud/server? I live in a reception poor area and I suspect that server-car communications might be not ideal.

On a different but related topic, how do you unlock the WiFi/Hot spot of the car? I have the service but have not used it yet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links