Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 insurance

Gt3hopeful

Insurance is going up everywhere, you might not get anywhere near your old figure 😞 

Always worth trying the alternate brands within the same group - e.g. for Direct Line get a quote from Churchill and Privilege, or for Admiral try Elephant etc.

I insure mine with Darwin and have done so for the last 3 years and also for the first time ever our, "tip car". Darwin also got that business given they offered a competitive premium.

Indeed, the cost increased by 25% this year and so much for the laughable inflation figures which basically are no more than a starting point.

BTW, I couldn't agree more than with Andrew's above comments.

Thanks for replies . Best quote I have is £850 but company gets very poor reviews so think I will contact Admiral to see if they can improve offer.  Did try Privilege, LV and Lexus own Insurance but all of these would not offer cover . I live in low crime area, no convictions or accidents and 18 years no claims so can only think its a problem with LC500? Could it be that insurers have seen the price of replacement parts - I guess its telling that Lexus will not even offer alloy wheel insurance when you buy it.

4 hours ago, Gt3hopeful said:

so can only think its a problem with LC500?

it is vulnerable to the same can bus attack that the RX suffers from, buy I've only heard of one or two being stolen. Might be worth speaking to Lexus customer services to find out why Lexus insurance won't quote.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gt3hopeful said:

Thanks for replies . Best quote I have is £850 but company gets very poor reviews so think I will contact Admiral to see if they can improve offer.  Did try Privilege, LV and Lexus own Insurance but all of these would not offer cover . I live in low crime area, no convictions or accidents and 18 years no claims so can only think its a problem with LC500? Could it be that insurers have seen the price of replacement parts - I guess its telling that Lexus will not even offer alloy wheel insurance when you buy it.

Which company is it? TBH all of the companies have poor reviews including admiral but they've been OK for me. I wouldnt discard a company based solely on reviews. At the end of the day, you get to choose your bodyshop and I generally just take it to the bodyshop that Lexus use which makes things much easier. Yes may cost £200 extra excess but its small change compared to going through the crap that insurer bodyshops give you sometimes

• Like 2

Cost of parts, risk of theft - I had to get a tracker to get insurance, plus everybody is seeing higher premiums probably because the FCA stopped the practice of new customers being offered better deals than long term customers. Meddling in a free market caused by politicians again and look what happens.

I’m with classicline on a modern classic policy because I’ve been with them for years, only downside is no NCB accrual so I only gain NCB on my other car.

Alloy insurance - they’ll take your money if you want them to but it’s only £200-300 per claim from memory, which on an LC won’t be anywhere near enough - my supplying dealer was honest and said it just wasn’t worth doing.

And finally Lexus insurance should insure Lexus cars. No argument.

• Like 1

Admiral's first offer on their multi car was 11% up on last year. From the stories I was fearing a lift of 25-40%

If I get time, I'll see if I can do better, but I may only save £20-30 at best so it may not be worth the energy

On 9/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

I tried AF. More expensive than most of the quotes I got.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links