Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2022-24 NX wiper position

Hi everyone,

in my previous comment to the NX delivery thread I mentioned a wiper position issue -

wiper probably need to be adjusted/fine-tuned as it can’t reach the edge of windshield- attached a photo for illustration.

i had a feeling that someone in this forum has fixed it with help from Lexus workshop, but I can’t find that post any longer. My sales told me that the wiper position has to be like this due to the area/limitation for defroster wires, and I am not fully convinced 😄

Do you also see same issue? Is it fixed somehow?

IMG_4222.jpeg

1 hour ago, Chance521 said:

Hi everyone,

in my previous comment to the NX delivery thread I mentioned a wiper position issue -

wiper probably need to be adjusted/fine-tuned as it can’t reach the edge of windshield- attached a photo for illustration.

i had a feeling that someone in this forum has fixed it with help from Lexus workshop, but I can’t find that post any longer. My sales told me that the wiper position has to be like this due to the area/limitation for defroster wires, and I am not fully convinced 😄

Do you also see same issue? Is it fixed somehow?

IMG_4222.jpeg

My 2023 NX450h is exactly the same as yours, but I don't see it as an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

My 450 doesn't have defroster wires as far as I know. If there are some very fine wires that I cannot see, they certainly weren't working last winter! Maybe the spec is different for different countries?

I will take a photo later today so you will see what I am referring to. There are probably different specs for different countries 

1 hour ago, Harrier Man said:

My 450 doesn't have defroster wires as far as I know. If there are some very fine wires that I cannot see, they certainly weren't working last winter! Maybe the spec is different for different countries?

Same here

You car appears to be LHD, so not in the UK?

As the cars are designed in Japan, where they drive on the left, the wipers do tend to 'favour' the right-hand side of the screen. Has this with German designed Mercs..

44 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

You car appears to be LHD, so not in the UK?

As the cars are designed in Japan, where they drive on the left, the wipers do tend to 'favour' the right-hand side of the screen. Has this with German designed Mercs..

Mine is RHD and is just the same as the OP is seeing.

I have the same 'trait' with my driver-side wiper where it won't go up all the way to the pillar - leaving quite a bit of a gap. 

However, I can't say that it causes me any issues. It's just a minor gripe more than anything else.

• Like 1

This could easily be solved by unbolting the wiper arm, and then refitting it one spline further round.

The only thing is, it might mean the wipers will then be further "up" the windscreen when in the parked position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links