Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Barbour Jacket

Richard1200

Personally I never wear a jacket or coat when driving, rarely when a passenger. Cars have very efficient heaters these days!

I imagine should one use the seat heater you may get wax transfer and staining. I just wouldn't risk it, take it off and throw it in the boot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You could try asking the Palace press office, since King Charles often seems  to favour this item of garb when in the country, and I can't imagine the vehicles he drives don't have leather seats. 

• Haha 1

I have neither a Barbour jacket or cream leather seats, but I do think you are likely to get some transfer of the wax which may make the seats slippery even if there is no mark.

You could always buy an old Landrover and a pair of green wellies 😉

Why don't you buy a decent Gore-tex type jacketWaxed Barbour jackets don't have much warmth or breathability.When new they stink of wax when in a warm room and initially are unpleasant to touch.Barbour do sell clothing in more modern fabrics,which shouldn't affect light coloured leather.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:26 PM, Richard1200 said:

Anybody bought a Barbour wax jacket and had any issues with the Lexus leather seats? Do not want to spend a lot of money on a winter coat only to find it ruins my light cream leather. Thanks all.

Although my seats are black, don’t seem to have any issues with my jacket.  I’ve recently re-waxed it and still no problems.

As for what others have said regarding getting something different…. They clearly don’t ‘get it’.  I’ve got a couple of nice Rab jackets that I wear if it’s cold but nothing beats my Barbour with a Berghaus fleece, Harris tweed/leather gloves and a bobble hat for feeling cosy.

I’ve just realised that I’ve turned into a Lexus driver!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links