Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car is this?? ( The car-nerds own quiz thread....)

As the topic suggest I started a thread for us car-nerds ( with or without proper diagnoses.. 🤪 ) where we can challenge each other with quirky odd cars and cars facts only we care about....

I throw the first stone with this image of a detail and ask my fellow Car-nerds; What car is this?? (make and model, please) 

And btw: Reverse Pic-Googling is not the manners of a proper gentleman or lady....

8_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

If it isn’t a Lexus, who cares?

Perhaps those that don't think the world revolves around one car manufacturer?  Yes, even on a owners club forum 😲

As for the car in the picture, no idea 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

That key location is SAAB-esque...

And what non-Lexus car is most likely to be owned by a nonUK poster called ‘The Swedish Guy’?

SAAB 93?

3 hours ago, LenT said:

And what non-Lexus car is most likely to be owned by a nonUK poster called ‘The Swedish Guy’?

SAAB 93?

4 hours ago, J Henderson said:

That key location is SAAB-esque...

You guys are barking at the wrong tree here ( but on the right track..) .... 😉

It's a Bread-and-butter brand car but this particular model got some of that magic italian design....

1 hour ago, The Swedish Guy said:

It's a Bread-and-butter brand car but this particular model got some of that magic italian design....

It's got to be a Bertone-designed Volvo, maybe the 780?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Swedish Guy said:

Spot on!!

The odd Volvo 780 has this neat desgin gimmick...

Personally, I preferred the Volvo Estate…

IMG_1336.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Swedish Guy said:

As the topic suggest I started a thread for us car-nerds ( with or without proper diagnoses.. 🤪

8_1.jpg

My old 1997 Fiat X1/9 had the same latches in the n/s door jamb but without the symbols. Also designed by Gruppo Bertone as well!

• Like 1

We move from Volvo into a bit a more exotic European car built in the TVR and Lotus tradition;  pick the expensive parts from a volume manufacturer and add a nice bodywork to it...

What is this Austin-Healy-3000-wanna-be from the 90s?

websnettfram.jpg

Well Magnus you sure make it difficult. I googled the licence plate and the result was "organ malfunction".  Could tell a thing or two as it seems like a bit from everything. 3 Litre V6 Ford engine RWD and a polyester bodykit? Miata based? Or some anodyne US convertible? Something tells me it was not very successfull.

57 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

... I googled the licence plate and the result was "organ malfunction".  Could tell a thing or two .... 

Bernard, if you're interested in that particular subject you might want to consult DavidCM's latest post in the Boomer's Epitaph thread.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Bernard, if you're interested in that particular subject you might want to consult DavidCM's latest post in the Boomer's Epitaph thread.

took me some time to figure this one out Renato but hey also the grey cells are slower arent they.

beeing of a certain age is like a good classic car i guess. Top speed a bit lower, the windows leak a bit and the steering gets a bit rusty but it still drives!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was a bit tricky Magnus. So, here's one for the usual Lexus crowd.

Guess what car this badge is from:

Clue: It is not a Hillman Hunter

Clue: the manufacturer's name starts with an F  OR ends with a D. The owner's experience starts with a smile and ends in tears.

Clue: They rusted away and the engines blew up

Clue: The E stands for executive and it had the Cortina  1600 GT engine in it.  DAMN I've given the game away!!!!

Cortina badge hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GMB said:

That was a bit tricky Magnus. So, here's one for the usual Lexus crowd.

Clue: It is not a Hillman Hunter

Is it a Hillman Hunter?  🤔

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Swedish Guy said:

We move from Volvo into a bit a more exotic European car built in the TVR and Lotus tradition;  pick the expensive parts from a volume manufacturer and add a nice bodywork to it...

What is this Austin-Healy-3000-wanna-be from the 90s?

websnettfram.jpg

Too pretty for a TVR and too sober for an aston martin. Nice car haven't a clue. 

4 minutes ago, LenT said:

Is it a Hillman Hunter?  🤔

Wrong! I told you it wasn't a Hillman Hunter. Go to the back of the class!

It's a Hillman Revenger.

Now you know.🥵

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Well Magnus you sure make it difficult. I googled the licence plate and the result was "organ malfunction".  Could tell a thing or two as it seems like a bit from everything. 3 Litre V6 Ford engine RWD and a polyester bodykit? Miata based? Or some anodyne US convertible? Something tells me it was not very successfull.

Its Swedish made and based on Volvo parts (mostly 960/V90) So straight inline 6, 3,0 litres and as you guessed; produced in small numbers until..... Bankruptcy like so many other small scale car makers... and its a... (drumroll)  JC Indigo 3000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Opel Kadett coupe.

Spot on Opel Kadett C Coupe ( ever sold in UK or did they just have the Vauxhall Chevette with that ugly nose?)

So Dutchie this leaves you with the honor to post the next car-nerd "what car is this" picture!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links