Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Climate Causes Driver Profile To Be Logged Out

I've used Remote Climate a few times during the recent cold weather to defrost the windows before I go out to the car.  If I do that I find that a few minutes into starting driving the display tells me that it can't load my driver profile. To solve that I have to stop the car and re-enter my password.  If I don't stop and enter the password it keeps on knocking me out of apple car play (which I use for sat nav as the lexus app is still not ready) and displaying the nag screen.  Very frustrating.

• Sad 1

We have found that the Remote Climate causes your in car climate settings to be overriden by the remote command and you have to reset them to your desired setup afterwards. Possibly unrelated but today we got "cannot load profile" for the first time in ages. Who knows?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, malcolmw said:

We have found that the Remote Climate causes your in car climate settings to be overriden by the remote command and you have to reset them to your desired setup afterwards. Possibly unrelated but today we got "cannot load profile" for the first time in ages. Who knows?

It certainly leaves the temperature up to the setting the remote defaults to which I always turn back down to 20. I haven't noticed it requiring a reset though.

I can't even get my remote climate to work at the moment... Actually, tell a lie. I've managed to get it working twice this month. 😕 Here's just a brief selection of timed-out attempts:

IMG_2605(002).thumb.PNG.5bb83e3ae628a7434376bffd88179843.PNGIMG_2606(002).thumb.PNG.7ed4d1422037e62c9c50ac1dc3a2bfe5.PNG

It used to sporadically work before, but seems to be properly broken now... Logging out and back in doesn't make any difference. 

Occasionally, the screen in the car does come up with that 'Driver Profile' message but it doesn't seem to make any difference to whether I can get the remote climate to work or not. 

1 hour ago, GeoffNX said:

It certainly leaves the temperature up to the setting the remote defaults to which I always turn back down to 20. I haven't noticed it requiring a reset though.

When I use remote climate the temperature is the same as I set in the vehicle which I vary.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:26 PM, GeoffNX said:

I've used Remote Climate a few times during the recent cold weather to defrost the windows before I go out to the car.  If I do that I find that a few minutes into starting driving the display tells me that it can't load my driver profile. To solve that I have to stop the car and re-enter my password.  If I don't stop and enter the password it keeps on knocking me out of apple car play (which I use for sat nav as the lexus app is still not ready) and displaying the nag screen.  Very frustrating.

Umm my Dad just bought a new Lexus nx 300h 2019  and like we downloaded Lexus link but we can’t find climate controls do we have to sign multi media up

23 hours ago, Gary H said:

I can't even get my remote climate to work at the moment... Actually, tell a lie. I've managed to get it working twice this month. 😕 Here's just a brief selection of timed-out attempts:

IMG_2605(002).thumb.PNG.5bb83e3ae628a7434376bffd88179843.PNGIMG_2606(002).thumb.PNG.7ed4d1422037e62c9c50ac1dc3a2bfe5.PNG

It used to sporadically work before, but seems to be properly broken now... Logging out and back in doesn't make any difference. 

Occasionally, the screen in the car does come up with that 'Driver Profile' message but it doesn't seem to make any difference to whether I can get the remote climate to work or not. 

Ha, I feel your pain.

The only remote functionality I have is for the hazard lights, error message for everything else.

It has been like this for months. Lexus tech support advised failure to communicate with car and recommended change out of DCM. I had this done a couple of months ago and it made not the slightest difference! 🤬

We've had that 'cannot load profile' issue repeatedly since getting the car in June 2022 so it wasn't caused by this new App but it is a lot worse since.  I believe the actual issue is Lexus haven't got a clue how to have decent server support for the system architecture they've deployed.

Oh and today after logging in yet again to clear that 'cannot load profile' screen it's lost all our saved destinations. 

Sorry Steve but I cannot agree. If it was a server support problem, all owners would be having the same issue. Clearly there are problems that need to get fixed but rarely am I asked to login, very rarely have I had the 'cannot load profile' message, 97% of my journeys have been recorded, my location has invariably been correct and, most of the time, i can use climate control to warm the car (with the caveat that I cannot always get the car/app to accept the full 20 mins and/or all the options, front & rear screen, seats and steering wheel).

Lexus/Toyota need to work harder to understand why the experience differs between customers because that would give them clues as to where to look. For example, I only use one key and have one profile set up and I'm sure this helps avoid clashes in the software that are likely caused with the use of multiple keys and profiles.

• Like 3

This Malcolm would echo the post above from "Harrier Man".

Very occasionally we get odd messages but almost all the time we can see all journeys on the App and all the remote functions seem to work. We see 10 minutes max on pre-heating but this may be due to our car being a 350 and not a 450.

Our only gripe is the overriding of the in car climate settings by the App control (i.e. you have to reselect Auto A/C when you get back in the car.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Sorry Steve but I cannot agree. If it was a server support problem, all owners would be having the same issue.  . . .

Nope, that would apply if it was a complete server downtime but not all server software issues work like that and they can be interactions with extra packet delays through some networks.

1 hour ago, Stevek13 said:

Nope, that would apply if it was a complete server downtime but not all server software issues work like that and they can be interactions with extra packet delays through some networks.

Thanks Steve. My app is on a smartphone connected to O2 but I thought the car had its own sim card in it that talked to Toyota (ie the Toyota servers) and passed on all that data they collect when we agreed to the T&Cs. I don't know what network this would use but wouldn't it be the same for every user? And, if so, wouldn't the packet delays affect everybody's communication between the servers and the DCM (or whatever computer is handling the data)? I'm not saying this is how the system works, it's obviously very complicated and my simple brain probably couldn't cope with the complexity of it all!

On 12/15/2023 at 12:47 PM, zanderblue said:

Ha, I feel your pain.

The only remote functionality I have is for the hazard lights, error message for everything else.

It has been like this for months. Lexus tech support advised failure to communicate with car and recommended change out of DCM. I had this done a couple of months ago and it made not the slightest difference! 🤬

It's good to know I'm not on my own with this... I have to say yours sounds worse than mine. I know I can at least lock my car from the app - because it falsely told me my driver's door was open and unlocked when it clearly wasn't (🙄). I thought it had finally stopped telling me random doors were unlocked/open (or both) when the whole car was clearly locked - but it appears to be 'bubbling up' again in recent times. 

As it stands, the app is basically little more than a near-useless gimmick. I'd rather just delete the thing and forget about it at this point and not bother!

• 3 weeks later...

Used remote climate today and guess what....got the message minutes later that the car can't load my driver profile! When I try to enter my password to sync with the app the screen just hangs! A great car being ruined by dreadful app software! If anyone else has experienced this please advise a fix!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links