Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Serviced by Toyota

Hi members - I have a 3 year old vehicle - can it be serviced by Toyota.

i live in Oxford - have to go to Reading - 2 hour journey there and back- then wait for car - maybe 2/3 hours - Oxford Toyota 10 minutes away.

Any body have experience of this 

Officially no. Some Toyota dealers might service Lexus vehicles (but they risk losing their Lexus franchise if they do). If you did find a Toyota dealer willing to service it, you wouldn't get the 12 month free extended warranty or hybrid health check.

Toyota/Lexus have been thinking of allowing Toyota dealers to perform Lexus servicing (they have surveyed Lexus owners on the idea) but nothing official yet.

• Like 2

I don't know the answer, but similar journey times for me (Lexus / Toyota) so I will be interested in the replies.

I did use Toyota to look at the brakes when they were binding on my IS as it was nearer than taking it to Lexus.  Work done no problem and even logged in the Lexus computerised maintenance history, but it was not a service. 
Lexus Chester take you car down to the Skoda workshop to do the servicing 🙃

I had mine serviced at my local Toyota a couple of years ago after the pandemic as it was due a full service and I had only covered a few thousand miles since the service before, Lexus wanted their ‘arm and a leg’ where as Toyota only wanted the ‘leg’. I have had the brake pads and discs replaced by them and also the air con rebased. The dealership is only 5 minutes away and is the same group as my normal Lexus dealership 30 miles away. My last services have been back at Lexus due to the relax warranty though. The service record is updated online by Toyota as well.

I've had mine serviced at Derby the last two times (I had been using Coventy but felt their customer service had gone downhill). It seems that since the Toyota and Lexus dealerships are next to each other they use the same physical workshops for servicing. I don't know if there are "special" Lexus technicians that work on the vehicle. Also when I needed a replacement mirror cover guess where it was to be found when the order came in ... in the Toyota stores!

32 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

I don't know if there are "special" Lexus technicians that work on the vehicle.

For basic servicing I'm sure they use the general pool of technicians, but only the Lexus trained ones should be working on faults/complex procedures.

59 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

For basic servicing I'm sure they use the general pool of technicians, but only the Lexus trained ones should be working on faults/complex procedures.

Very true.

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I did use Toyota to look at the brakes when they were binding on my IS as it was nearer than taking it to Lexus.  Work done no problem and even logged in the Lexus computerised maintenance history, but it was not a service. 
Lexus Chester take you car down to the Skoda workshop to do the servicing 🙃

Or is it the Mazda workshop? 🤔☺️

Sorry to hijack this thread, I have a similar question and didn't think it worth starting yet another thread.

If I buy an NX from a non-Lexus dealer, providing it has a full Lexus service history, am I still entitled to the usual Warranty?

36 minutes ago, JapFanMan2021 said:

Sorry to hijack this thread, I have a similar question and didn't think it worth starting yet another thread.

If I buy an NX from a non-Lexus dealer, providing it has a full Lexus service history, am I still entitled to the usual Warranty?

No.
You would have to have it serviced by Lexus, the warranty kicks in after service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JapFanMan2021 said:

Yes you would be covered by the Lexus factory warranty if still applicable (3-years / 60,000 miles).

You would be covered by Relax if the Service History is up to date and also the Hybrid Battery if the health check is up to date.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links