Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake hold function needs to be enabled for every journey

Hi everyone,

I love using the brake hold feature on my 2019 UX250h Takumi e-four. I have found that I need to enable the feature with the HOLD button every time I turn the car on.

Is there a way to have this feature turned on by default when the car is switched on?

Thanks 

6 hours ago, sunilm1992 said:

Hi everyone,

I love using the brake hold feature on my 2019 UX250h Takumi e-four. I have found that I need to enable the feature with the HOLD button every time I turn the car on.

Is there a way to have this feature turned on by default when the car is switched on?

Thanks 

Not that I’m aware of.  I know you can on some makes but the Japanese tend to make it a conscious action so you can’t inadvertently leave the car with it on.  There’s no dealer option to set it.

Can't be done. I do think it's a better solution though than in some German cars where you need to turn it off for small movements or parking.

Think Mercedes takes it though for the function of theirs which is activated by pressing the brake down harder than normal.

• Like 1

Does it use the normal stopping brakes or the “hand brake”?
I think it still illuminates the brake lights so no point in using it to stop brake light dazzle at night. 
Tried it as a novelty when new but don’t bother now. I was worried that it may do some damage by pulling away with the brakes still on momentarily. 

18 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Normal brakes. 

If You Engage The Hold lock and don,t Disengage it before moving off The minute you apply pressure on the accelerator The Brake hold automatically dis-Engages... At Least that is My Experience..!!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sunilm1992 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks 

Don,t Think so..!!!

Yes i must admit i like the brake hold function i just cant get into the habit of just putting my hand casually down there i always have to look. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links